Darktiste Sketchbook
Well a bucket rendered this time with a more realistic look.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Sketch and the rendered candle

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
I did a small overpaint of your latest candle piece with some notes that came to mind. Hope it helps! 

Keep up the good work!  Thumbs_up

The bucket sketches look great, honestly. Especially the one middle right. Even with something so simple there is design to it, and some of these drawings look pretty well researched and like they could be good assets for a game. So yeah, honestly some nice drawings.

The rendered bucket is a little odd to me, though. You've shown in your sketches buckets with the metal binding having form and wrapping around. But then in the rendering you've shown the bindings all wavy and they don't wrap around the form at all, and the ellipse of the bottom of the bucket feels a little shallow. And then since the sides slope inwards, the lines between the wood should also follow that, but you drew them perfectly vertical on the inside of the bucket. So it's a little inconsistent.

I hope you don't take it as me nitpicking it apart, it's just that you've shown mastery of all of those things in your sketches, but then the rendered version seems like it was drawn by a different artist tbh. I'm not saying it was! I'm just saying a lot of the sense of form of the sketches isn't there in the rendering.

-JosephCow
It not my usual way of going about drawing i was more use to lineart before i am trying to go outside that for the moment i think that gonna help my form read more 3d in the long term.I think i had that wrapping problem before i gotta do better.I also need to revisit my perspective theory.I could defitively feel uneasy approching this complex rounded form.

-Zorrentos
Good observation i wasn't really drawing from real life reference this was a less realistic take compare to previous one.There always room for more detail but here i had to simplify a bit because i am still new to shading such complex.I use to draw a lot of really boxy shape before.I also try to avoid over rendering but it something that can be hard to know where to finish.I don't know when i am gonna be drawing candle again but i will try to remember what was shared.

My Sketchbook
A few iteration on the subject with the subject A document the player need to do is quest.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Hey cool man - I love this document piece - the ink-splat makes me smile :).

Also nice to see you playing around with lost edges on the drop shadow.

Keep going dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(01-22-2021, 08:50 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hey cool man - I love this document piece - the ink-splat makes me smile :).

Also nice to see you playing around with lost edges on the drop shadow.

Keep going dude!
Glad someone notice.I know how to do it with better result using the feathering effect using some selection.

My Sketchbook
Scroll sketch and the finaly sketch.

I though the interior of the scroll would have been harder to draw than that but it wasn't that bad i think i need to keep working on convincing wrapping around my form.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Be careful to avoid tangents in your artwork, or the depth perception will be messed up.

Zorrentos-Oof seem like i gotta take more time to check for those tangente to improve my work as you say.A rookie mistake it so easy do them and at the same time avoid them shouldn't even be an issue.My eye still not trained in that realm sadly even if it pretty obvious after it being point at.

My Sketchbook
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Chain sketch+mix silhouette[/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]With the final chain.[/font][/font]

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Have you been studying any figure or gesture drawing? I remember a few people giving you some helpful advice and thought you'd be practicing more of that.
(01-26-2021, 01:03 AM)Demon Lizardman Wrote: Have you been studying any figure or gesture drawing? I remember a few people giving you some helpful advice and thought you'd be practicing more of that.
I made a major move toward prop design even those i had interest in creature and character design they somehow decided by themselves to stay in the back seat for a while.I think form a career stand point it a better choose for me anyways.

My Sketchbook
Hey darktiste;

What an incredible journey you started on! You've come far already but I wanted to draw your attention to a core fundamental you're lacking at the moment.

A lot of the stuff you're doing is what I'd call an iconographic study; you're taking the shapes and forms of your reference as if they exist on two dimensions. This does not practice your brain in considering the 3rd dimension of, well, everything.

Draw through the forms when you study them. Consider the back-side of everything you draw. The thickness of it.
Take the object in your hand. Imagine its weight, its texture. Now put it back onto the floor. Where is the light? Imagine how it hits the sides, bounces off, reflects into your eye. 

Making art is a multi-sensory exercise. The more you get into the world of the thing you're making, the better your choices will be. No more guessing, because you know, intimately, what it is you're making.

Good luck and looking forward to your new work!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca
(01-26-2021, 04:12 AM)gerbenpasjes Wrote: Hey darktiste;

What an incredible journey you started on! You've come far already but I wanted to draw your attention to a core fundamental you're lacking at the moment.

A lot of the stuff you're doing is what I'd call an iconographic study; you're taking the shapes and forms of your reference as if they exist on two dimensions. This does not practice your brain in considering the 3rd dimension of, well, everything.

Draw through the forms when you study them. Consider the back-side of everything you draw. The thickness of it.
Take the object in your hand. Imagine its weight, its texture. Now put it back onto the floor. Where is the light? Imagine how it hits the sides, bounces off, reflects into your eye. 

Making art is a multi-sensory exercise. The more you get into the world of the thing you're making, the better your choices will be. No more guessing, because you know, intimately, what it is you're making.

Good luck and looking forward to your new work!
I am working on it thank.

My Sketchbook
Hey Darktiste, maybe you should be doing some material studies since you want to be doing armor, weapons and various other kinds of objects.
[Image: istvan-danyi-material-studies.jpg?1476614307]
Demon Lizardman -What texture you find to be lagging behind exactly or that you think i should try?Apart from the candle which i know was my first attempt at that texture which natural put itself among those lagging behind.

My Sketchbook
I would suggest you work on as many textures as you can, just start with doing 6 of those materials spheres

If you want a suggestion for which materials to study, do these

-Meat
-Wax
-Wood
-Iron
-Jello
-Sponge

That will help you get a feel how some materials work, why don't you attempt them and post your results here.
 Demon Lizardman-First of thank for the suggestion.I hope you like it.Definitevely had some struggle but also fun moment when thing start to read properly.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook