Nat's Sketchbook
The commiting stuff to memory approach is a good one but make sure to check yourself once in a while because sometimes it seems you may remember something and then forget ( talking more about stuff like specific anatomy and stuff like that). Keep up the good work.

@Hobitt Yeah I gotta keep reviewing the stuff and applying it! Thanks for the comment ( :

I forgot to update for ages again, so here's a bunch of studies and stuff, plus a coupla WIP things at various stages. Any crit appreciated!

Attached Files Image(s)

Great characters! You have a very strong handle on faces and poses. Awesome use of color too! Can't wait to see more. : )
@Riprap Thanks a bunch! Hoping to get my schedule back on track : D

Here's some stuff from today \o/

Attached Files Image(s)

Forgot to update yesterday, here's some stuff! 8D

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more stuff \o/

Attached Files Image(s)

Had a 'go hard or go home' day. Wanna do 100 hands and poses each day, but ran out of steam with the poses. Hopefully my stamina will increase! Also, struggling with the painting. I wanted to do something in the MTG dimensions, but it's looking really empty compositionally, and I'm trying to think of how to fix that? Anyway, thanks for looking!

Attached Files Image(s)

i thnk ur studiz n handz r gud u ned to du moar imagnashun pecez nd rlly grind thru m ps ur avatar iz cute

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Your thread reminds me of Alex Negrea's sketchbook!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@John thanks a lot man, that's a huge compliment! I've got a long way to go though 8D

@Fedodika thx man ;p gna rlly grind!

Stuff from today! More figure studies, hands and feet and also some unfinished painting studies. Yeah I know, I'm a slacker.

Switched from both hands and feet to just feet halfway through the first page of 100, I think I need to do some more studies into how hands are constructed because I'm just not getting it at the moment. Also, I've never painted a car before so that's an adventure. But I've ordered Scott Robertson's book for future study 8D In the mean time, any tips on wheels are appreciated.

Still sorta poking away at that other illustration (need to get ref for the hand), but still not sure where to go with it so I'm just slowly... sinking into deep mud of stagnation...

Anyway, thanks for lookin!

Attached Files Image(s)

The amount of figures/hands you do is crazy, you clearly have a good grasp on it. I gotta start doing this too! Great work. : )
@Riprap thanks a lot! :D I'm enjoying it!

Welp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dUwjZNLjw

Managed the 100 poses and feet today. Also painted in a hand to that illustration. Still no idea where I'm going with it, but painting the hand was nice.

Attached Files Image(s)

Impressive workload in here! Make sure you're applying these studies every chance you get.

If you truly want to understand the subject such as the human body, get down to the bones/muscles and get all the shapes and names memorized. It'll help greatly in understanding how the bones, muscles, and skin are interacting. Even working in layers with different colored markers so you can go from the bone structure>muscle>skin.

The last piece looks like it's coming together nicely. Personal piece?
@Dennis Kutsenko Thanks a lot man. Doing my best with applying them. Gotta go back to those anatomy studies like you said and do some longer poses. And yeah it's a personal piece! A bit aimless at the moment but hopefully it'll evolve into something more than just rendering/lighting practise x)

stuff from today! Forgot to mention, with the 100 drawing pages, the black drawings are from ref, then the red is from memory without the ref or previous drawing. was concerned i was just copying so wanted to make sure it all sinks in. did some hand fundamentals, lotsss to learn. Also a car. wheels are a nightmare.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lazy day :x

Attached Files Image(s)

LEG DAY!

Page of studies from Bridgman, then studies. pose from ref, then pose from memory and draw more possible leg poses on from imagination. super fun stuff! plus normal hand/feet studies, also a sea friend :D

Attached Files Image(s)

busy with work today vOv did some doodling as well, but nothing concrete enough to show.

Attached Files Image(s)

Holy shit you're a mad woman--!!
(In the best possible way ofc)

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Damn, thats a lot of bodies, good work :)

Amazing studies, lots of hard work. Keep this up!