Adzerak's book o' sketches
Thanks there, Artloader :) Happy to be back and posting more again. Need to improve that painterly style!

Here's some graphite sketchy stuff

[Image: CrowTree.png]

[Image: SatisfiedThief.png]

[Image: RuneSage.png]

Got an ipad pro, feels pretty sweet to render on. Made me realize some new things about brush pressure soooo here's some render practice!

[Image: ProcreateCreature_01.png]

Alt. shading version. Playing around with some o' that good ol' rimlight
[Image: ProcreateCreature_02.png]

Wow, your graphite stuff is so cool! And dont get me started on that digital. Love it so much! Sorry for the lack of critique I just dont see anything at the moment.

NoodleInBox: Thanks :) It's ok, you can always come up with some harsh and fair critique some other time im sure heh.

Finished a piece I worked on while listening to the Podquisition podcast. Jim Sterling, Laura Kate and Gavin "Miracle of sound" Dunne talking shit and sometimes videogames. They do entertain me a whole lot so wanted to render some on this in their honor lol. Guess the painting is kinda weird for those who have no clue who these people are (might be weird anyway), but hey, not everyday you get to draw boglins and an arse-shield!

[Image: PodquisitionHeroes_Final.png]

Some grayscale practice doodles and a rat king i did for a friend's steam avatar :)
Getting better at finding the chunky forms when painting, without stuff looking too blocky I think.

[Image: SpacePals.png]

[Image: blob.jpg]

[Image: ratking.jpg]

Some more grayscale render practice and a mom's day card.
Worked from 23:00 to 6:00 and my brain turned to mush, but hopefully got something out of doing those zebra studies

[Image: GoblinAndMage.png]

[Image: Matriarch.jpg]

Did a study of one of those fleshy creatures from Metro 2033. This one's kinda cute tho.

Feels like I've leveled up a bit in the drawing department. Less fiddling about trying to find the correct proportions, sketching and observation comes easier to me now. I used to be very into detailing my drawings a lot and held my pen really stiffly-like (like how you hold it to write), and while I still do that when working with details it's more like my mindset has changed to think more about how gestures flow together rather than getting straigh into detail-stiffy mode.

[Image: pessedjur_Final.png]

[Image: puss_SideBySide.jpg]

Time for some updates! Doing a bit of cloth study for the finishing of a personal piece.

[Image: doreippu.png]

[Image: SargentStudy.png]

[Image: rootfiend.png]

More graphite sketch stuff.
[Image: beerbellygoblin.png]
[Image: mechawalker.png]
[Image: BrambleTitan.png]
[Image: bonegnasher.png]
[Image: demonface.png]

Also, a student asked me to draw Illidan. I was not prepared so drew him mostly from mind, forgot that he's supposed to have wings and stuff and had to add it in when it was near completion lol. Anyway, really like playing around with shadows in two-value drawing. Such a great practice for more dynamic lighting too!
[Image: Illidan.jpg]

A WIP of something. A classic thing I like to paint I guess, a normal-sized char against something huge. Already know a bit what I'm going to change with it as I continue painting. But if you spot something or just have a cool random though, share it please :) See now that I have to change her arm there as well, it's supposed to be more foreshortened.
[Image: leapWIP.png]

Just a semi quick thing to brighten up someone who was down :)

Really like the "sketchy lines into two-value and then colors"-approach.

[Image: LauraKnight_WIP.png]

[Image: LauraButtPaladin_FinalsFB.png]

Wow. There is some major improvement visible in this sketchbook when you go from the first page through to the last! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more!

Really powerful poses you have going on! I'd love to see how the rock creature vs. heroine turns out!

Also, cool zombie creature on 3/3/17. Gives me trypophobia!

Sketchbook

Thanks for the comments there folks! 
So slow when it comes to updating o'er 'ere. 

Some inktober stuff going on, silly spitpaint too why not. Also tried doing a more detailed lineart and it felt kinda nice. Planing stuff out a bit more before diving in with values and color. 

[Image: Inktober_01_OldMageMan.png]

[Image: Inktober_02_Fiddelydee.png]

[Image: Inktober_03_Hacker.png]

[Image: SteamPoweredGiant.png]

[Image: RedPrince_inktober_02.png]

Your inks are so sexy *.* i cant concentrate they are distracting me haha. The leg of the giant looks wrongly placed though. It looks like more of a part of a chair if you now what i mean...probably not.

Noodle: Heh yea I want to keep them as sexy as possible, trying to make the light shapes interesting ^^
Hear ya about the feedback on Gabe the Giant, it kinda highlights a problem I have even when I'm not doing 30 minute speedpaints. I tend to get into rendering and shapes too quickly without planning gesture, weight and anatomy as much for example. 

Have done a few iterations of this guy, done now tho. Builder mage, construction caster. 
[Image: magus.jpg]

Old one for comparrison. Kinda fun to dig up some old idea and redo it. 
[Image: BuilderMage2WIP.png]

Hey Adzerak! Your sb is quite strange to me, some of your pieces look dang professional and some look amateurish. Like these look pro

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ykrws_jbT_o/W...0/blob.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QDPa8fpcNwI/W...ber_02.png

whereas your figures leave a lot to be desired as far as anatomy in particular. I think your latest piece with the wizard is a step up for your figurative work, I'd just reccomend not shading with so much black. There's an issue when rendering of picking the same hue over and over that makes color lose its radiance. A quick way to fix it is just to make sure to slide the hue panel over a little bit whenever you select a new color :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Thanks for the crits there, Fedo! Hahyea, a mystery indeed xD Guess it just boils down to me being sloppy sometimes and just scribbling without really thinking, and then posting it here anyway just... Because. And then I just forget about construction and logic and just go about it, think that explains some of the strangeness

Very true about the whole "shade with black"-thing. Used to paint a bit overly saturated so the black areas is me overcompensating I guess. Need more color practie too that's for sure!

Anyhows, here's some traditional stuff that I sketched a tiny bit on in PS. Interesting to see how far I can go with that without losing the traditional graphite feel. 

[Image: DualWield_Deathcasterdudeman.png]

[Image: TaurusDemon.png]

Actual people standing about, being drawn. Fun! 
[Image: DrawiingsOfStudents.png]

Cool stuff Adzerak :).

I like your big vs small stuff, that giant is huge!

How do you come up with your creature designs? They are very imaginative.

Keep posting dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Artloader: Heh yeah that big vs small stuff is a recurring theme in many of my paintings ;P Want to do that theme justice sometime. Feel like the one further up on this page, with the lava titan, has some potential so must continue on it.. Some day. As for the creatures, well apart from the typical inspirational sources like books, mythology, games etc I just tend to combine shapes and concepts that intrigue me, try to find some interesting shape to render a bit as I do so, hard to describe where it comes from lol.

Some sketches and WIPish things. 

[Image: MerchantOfInk.png]

[Image: MindLayer.jpg]

[Image: CastePaintin.png]

[Image: RedLizard_WIP.png]

I really like the builder mage--he looks like he's really focused, and sort of senses the material above. Costuming/lighting/wind are spot on too. Dang!

Sketchbook