My Sketchbook or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love to Draw
Coming along I think.

Attached Files Image(s)

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
You need to get good crying man reference cuz he looks now like scared.
[Image: mancries.jpeg]
I think he need to squint his eyes not having them wide open to get that result.
I don't know if he would be throwing his helmet high to the sky? I rather imagine things just fell out of his hand.

Also that's my personal idea here :p I would work more on nice composition, I'm not great at it but triangle seems to be a good shape to start with. I would also move the little boy so his shape would be more readable not blend with man silhouette. Keep going! I can't wait how this will come out at the end :D
[Image: deg3m.png]

Madzia: That is an excellent crit, thank you very much! I want the guy to be overwhelmed with emotion, but not crying. A triangular comp would be a classical way of approaching it, I think it was an unconcious intention but I think I've lost it at one point. The perspective is a bit broken and the characters poses will have to be refined.

This is where I'm at. I feel as if I'm a bit stuck so I'll let it simmer for a while. Dunno about the composition at all. Then as sugar on the bottom, some doodles.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook|Go Team!
Love the design on the soldier in the last post, feels like a heavy combat class. You never go wrong with welding helmets.

I think I'd go with the top composition for your latest illustration. The other ones feel kind of weird in a way. I think it's because he's about to run out of the frame and not into it, so I'd probably flip him.
Also you might know this already, but the eye usually likes if there's something leading them into the focal point. Usually from the lower left, since we're so used to reading that way.

Bjulvar, cheers man! Something similar to that helmet type is used by the Spetsnaz.
I've got a lot to consider before I continue working on that Viking piece.

Here's some other doodlies. I needed to draw more girls.
Thanks for looking.

Sketchbook|Go Team!
them characters are looking great!

on the piece of the father and children. i would keep the comp vertical like before. it helps to focus on their interactions and emotions. which seems to be the important/focus of the piece.
if you expand seems like you want to show more of the village life and less of that specific family.

Great work Markus. Keep it up!
Also greetings from estonia.

Aragah: Thanks man! I think you're right on the money. I got distracted there, the original idea was to just convey the closeness of the situation. I think it doesn't work as is, but I like the idea so I will redraw it at some point.

crackedskull: Cheers man! Where are you at? Vanalinn in Tallinn is beautiful!

I've been terribly busy but here's a study after one of my favourite masters, Ilya Repin. I messed the structure and likeness, but it was interesting to try and match the colours. The two small ones were done in the course of an hour, the large one I gave four hours or so.

Thanks for looking. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook|Go Team!
Love the Alien piece dude, it really pops after the changes you made!

Wow your characters are looking amazing right now, keep going!
Well im at Sääsküla, which is basically a small village in central estonia. Vanalinn is indeed quite marvellous. Now that I do art seriously I should get some ref's when I go there next time.

But enough about me, that last study is coming along well, keep pushing.

dirksteele: Cheers man! I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out though. Lots of stuff to reconsider.
Ward217: Thanks!
crackedskull: Cool man! Deffinately take some refs over there.

We've established a studygroup with Bjulvar and Aragah, come check it out!
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3761.html

I was busy with a commission so here's some doodles for now. They're one hour each.
Thanks for looking!

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook|Go Team!
What I done did this week, some doodles and studying with the bad boys.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook|Go Team!
you have an interesting style and subjects topic. I like it :) . It's inspiring.

So much good in your sketchbook. It makes me all flufy and warm inside. Keep it up, mate!

florentK: I am flattered!
ramalooke: Hey man, good to see you! Thank you very much mate!

Here's some sketches! In the first one I went drawing with a dude some might know named Parsakoira, last two are from my hiking trip in the wilderness with a friend. I fell in a fresh water spring so I hanged my pants to dry and wanted to memorise that shameful moment. Beautiful place though!

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook|Go Team!
Heey, nice moleskin action ;3

Thanks man!
I'm currently busy working on my linework. Here's a doodle.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook|Go Team!