Еxactly MY skeтchbooк
(05-09-2013, 07:34 PM)Matthias Kinnigkeit Wrote: Hey Nikt! Very nice Sketchbook! I see you study a lot and work hard. You are on a good track! I think shading is all about understanding the form. You do well to study the facial planes. Proko got good videos where he explains the planes of facial features. I'd advice you to study a bit more of the theory behind the values (mid tone, coreshadow, reflected light,..) and to think about these rules when you shade your planes. But you got some good work going on so good job and keep it up.

Thank you) I think i miss some basic knowledge. I'm going to make studies of simple geometric shapes, and still lifes with cubes, spheres and etc... Becouse I really have problems with drawing from imagination(

Cast- head study. Yeah I am alive! Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivee!!!!! Was deadly busy last 3 weeks... So i haven't draw all that time and it was a little scary to start.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello everybody! Here my self-portrait. I think it took me about 7 hours. What do you think about it?

I did photo with my webcam, so reference was bad-quality, but i draw line portrait from it. And for lightning and color (i realised that this is another one of my weak spot (sorry for this lame english)) I used one of the Daarken's portraits...

Looking good man youre really coming along and it's great to see. Never discount the benifits of going back to basics, it can really help I know it helped me. My only suggestion is work on capturing form, it can be a bitch when getting the right measurements down arn't working too well, like Matthas said Proko can help alot on youtube.

Still life with basic shapes. I need do more of this! (I know i failed with cube)

Attached Files Image(s)

Basic shapes 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Fresh basic shapes!

Attached Files Image(s)

againe still life with shapes...

Attached Files Image(s)

Those still life with the basic shapes are awesome !
(06-17-2013, 10:50 PM)sushiCUBE Wrote: Those still life with the basic shapes are awesome !

Thank you)

some shitty poses... i'll study it more, i promise)

Attached Files Image(s)

Really great still life shape painting! I can see the improvement from your first to last, it's actually reminded me that I need to start practicing the same myself.

Hello again everybody. I decided go back to drawing heads\faces and portraits... I know i promised that i'll push my pose and guester drawing, but who cares?) Frank Reilly's method of drawing heads inspired me in this decision!
(breaking news about my life: recently my quality of life dramatically improved. What can not be said about my English, I guess ^_^ Just be patient) А week ago I got a job, which is quite good; two months i have stable go to the gym and i and I'm not going to stop!; I'm still learning at the academy (on distance learning) And as you can see i trying find time for art studies. To be honest I can spend more time on it, in theory... That's it for now. I have no idea who intrested in this information, but why not to write it here?)
[attachment=28785]

Cool studies man! Most of them look better than the real life image. Faces are tough but your on the right track, I found it really useful to find a really good face ref on google, do a search for something over 800 pixels, the bigger the better and rough in everything, then go in super close to just the eye or the nose or mouth and almost make a study out of each feature and zoom out and check, flip canvas and stuff all that good stuff to check for problems, get as close as you can to accurate zoomed out and when you do zoom in you can really compare forms on a much more accurate level. I just did the same thing on my last post, check them out. Great work though keep it up!

Thank you Trevor! I think i'll try this method of super close drawing)

AH! Hello Reiley method! Well done showing the rate the forms turn... Now what you need to work on is to to spend more time on the drawing itself! There's little things that are off in the drawing and that definitely affects the final outcome. :) Major progress in here though!
gesture drawing:

Attached Files Image(s)

just hundred guester drawings. it was easy mod: no time limit and no line limit. I'm not happy with the result... my guesters still hold unnecessary information about figure, not exaggerated in right way, not looks alive and dynamic in general. But that's definitely better than my previous reply.

Attached Files Image(s)

clothed figures

Attached Files Image(s)

25 Construction Hands drawings:[/align]

Attached Files Image(s)