Еxactly MY skeтchbooк
Did this for CRIMSON ARENA 1, not to much i know... this is dark- demonic version of Ares- god of war and child of Zeus, with his stuff like torch, spear, dogs and other weapons... I'm not happy about how he looks now and I'm not gonna finish this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did this for d3 contest. What do you think about it? I tried to put colors on B&W image, but it was looks shitty, so in final version colors are strange... did my best to not stuck and finish illustration

Attached Files Image(s)

Movie stills

about 40 min each

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm extremely impressed by the picture of the knight you drew, it looks almost photorealistic. I love the light reflecting on the helmet and the drawing in general.

(03-21-2014, 08:47 AM)Kaycee Wrote: I'm extremely impressed by the picture of the knight you drew, it looks almost photorealistic. I love the light reflecting on the helmet and the drawing in general.

Thank you) It was a quick study, really, and this knight looks preety shitty without this texture on armour that i did with special brush.

-------

tried to remember what i know about perspective... not too much as you can see)

Attached Files Image(s)

Master study- Gerome

was focused on colors and textures in this one. Not very accurate pose and anatomy.

Attached Files Image(s)

More ~ 30 min movie stills

And some kindgirls) i started them 18.03...

Attached Files Image(s)

Those 30min movie stills are a great way to improve value/color/composition stuff. Be sure to mind your characters/anatomy too in them.. (I'd even suggest going with non character-related stuff with these)

Here composition black and white study from Master (Rembrandt)

Attached Files Image(s)

Kaffer, I do movie stills mailny to improve my color understanding, just trying to guess the colors, then check them with colorpicker, sometimes paintover right color(picked from ref) sometimes leave my (if it close to ref) Oh and also sometimes i think what value can be this or another color.
---------

Here material study, focused on skin) :

Attached Files Image(s)

Todays anatomy study. Tried to focus on things that most hard for me: forearm and upper back.

Attached Files Image(s)

Study from photo here. I found this cool photo about 2 weeks ago and finally did a study. used color picker a lot... hard to guess colors now (

Attached Files Image(s)

Todays anatomy stdy

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello, how are y? Was very busy last three weeks with my exams, so i wasn'table to draw. It was a little scary to sit and keep going, i thinl y all know this feeling) Anyway here todays figure from photoref

Attached Files Image(s)

Great looking studies man! Getting back to doing art after a few weeks break can be tough. Just power through it and dont forget to have fun with it. Enjoying the process is the best motivator.

Upper back is fucking painfull to draw :0 Who knows how much of them i should draw to do it right... One already done ) (from ref)

Attached Files Image(s)

more or less quick ice enviro

and wanna add second one that i started yesturday. (Mostly have not used colorpicker)

Attached Files Image(s)

Movie stills. Done to improve my color understanding

Attached Files Image(s)

landscape study

Attached Files Image(s)

Great studies! Getting the colours right is very hard for me as well, so I feel you. It will get easier with more practice though, so keep them coming. Seeing you work on this makes me want do way more studies as well. Really like the back study some posts up.
For me, working with traditional colours and getting into colour mixing helped me understand better how colours work somehow, or rather made me see colour differently. Also, "Color and Light" by James Gurney is a very good book about the topic, if you'd like to read something about it (not sure if you maybe now the book already, then you can ignore this )

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook