BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters!
There are some seriously gorgeous works here!

Here are my finals-- as intimidating as the talent pool here is, I've still gotta put my foot in the water.

Let the Slothurai be seen!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
Here are my two finals! Noticing all of these are vertical. Pretty sure I missed something there... -_-
Either way, poured my soul into these lol.

My Beast master turned into a creature of my own imagining I've painted before. Sort of a maned wolf mixed with a sea dragon centaur scenario.

@ Moba Fett, yes they had to be vertical cards to qualify, says so in the Bloodsports blog prompt :-) Nice work though!

Here are my final cards then! Has been a really fun IP to work on, super cool. Gonna echo what many already said too; looks like a lot of people really pushed their boundries for this, myself included I hope, great work everyone!

updates... rendering, refining the lighting and color work tomorrow...

HNNNNNNNNNNG the electricians are working on this apartment so my connection and power are uncertain. Bad timing, I hope I can bring this to an acceptable level.

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
Hello Everybody,

Really nice to see everyone pushing as hard as they can. This Bloodsports has been a lot of fun for me. I have learned lots of things especially, doing water splashes and stuff. But, still im not yet convinced with it. Anyway, here are my final entries for this Bloodsports. Its my version of a Filipino Mythical Creature known as Bakunawa. She was a beautiful sea maiden at first, but her fascination and obsession with the beauty of the moon's shine has turned her into a Beast. Thus, swallowing the moon that caused eclipses. High tides arose in the oceans, that ravaged the lands and took innocent lives with it. :D

Anyway hope this is good enough. Good luck to everybody participating.

Phew... finally done with this one. I guess there is still a lot of room for improvements , but with the time frame i had im generally satisfied with how these turned out. This is going to be a tough one ,some seriously rocking pieces out there! Good luck everyone!

[Image: beast+card1a.jpg]

[Image: card+human+2.jpg]
Last update, then next post will be the final piece

Still got some houurrrssssss..... let'sss goooooo

(spent a lot of time on his face)
[Image: Both_Griffin4.jpg]
Was very glad to participate in this challange (my first bloodsports), I find it very amusing to see so much of cool work from ye guys! It is very inspiring to do such artwork scince I've always been Rapoza's fan)

Feels good to have survived all of this! I've never worked this much and this fast. Great test of your abilities.
And the amount of great entries here make me happy. Great job everyone. It's been really inspiring to watch your pieces and ideas grow!

Hunky Hedgehog time!

Great Job Everyone! These are my finals.

No more time to work on the second as I have dentist now :(.

So many submissions, everyone's putting in the work! I wish I had more time for mine, this time I'm defiantly pushing for portfolio pieces after the deadline, but here's my finals for submission. Hope you like them xD.

[Image: PaintingSubmission1small_zpsc9db7d5e.jpg]
[Image: CreaturePaintingSubmission1small_zpse94fb7ba.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0001_zps304d16ae.jpg]
[Image: Ideation_zps881a61b5.jpg]
[Image: CompSketches_zps7c9e41b5.jpg]
[Image: ColorSketches_zps4b406680.jpg]
[Image: ReferenceSub_zps7f6fa910.jpg]
[Image: Studies_zpsb99b3a48.jpg]

So here are my prbably 98% finals, included in the magic card template:

[Image: orcx3_zps5bd1c96b.jpg]

[Image: boar2_zps5f260202.jpg]

[Image: MakhelTheLionLacerator_zps6bc00d7e.jpg]

[Image: MakheltheGorger2_zpsec88ff82.jpg]
Hey you guys ! im seeing allot of awesome stuff here and i just wanted to say that im very happy to be a part of this community! this is my first challenge and first time not doing a humanoid design but also A beast/creature design ! i worked my ass off for this and I wist you all good luck! :

[Image: humanvormversion2.jpg]
[Image: facebookbeast.png]

Here are my refenreces and studies :

[Image: studies.jpg]
[Image: references.jpg]

Hey Beastmasters,

Here are my finals for Bloodsports 14: the Beastmasters! I had a blast!

It seems like we have all stepped up a notch this time, great work everyone!

“To know fear is to face the WEREMANTIS!!!”

[Image: zp9n9lp.jpg]

[Image: hLjdMun.jpg]

[Image: JFC42Qf.jpg]

[Image: AvpABiZ.jpg]

ANNND Some more mantis sketches:

[Image: ohz105k.jpg]

[Image: qkjsIpQ.jpg]

Daggers!

Well yes! touched up some little places here and there :)

i started this challenge when i was having a very bad 'art' day.. everything that came out of my hands was shit..
So figured i'd set my mind to this and create something cool.
The result is something i'm fairly pleased with though when i see all you peoples cool
entries, i'm worried i might not do enough studies.. --__--
although i did learn a whole lot doing this.. ANyway! Goodluck all <3

Hi, folks!

Here's my final for the BeastMasters. That is my first challenge in bloodsports by the way, so cool to see that much of awesome work from ye guys and gals all around!

Hey Daggers, good job everyone, I can see a lot of improvement in everyone!
Here is my final entry with all my messy sketches and composition choices. As you can see I mixed some prehistoric and non-prehistoric animals.
Let me introduce you to the Bullcefashauro!!!
Is a mix of...
Saichania- an interesting prehistoric animal covered with spikes and full armour with an interesting tail-mace.
Pachycefalosaurus- this prehistoric animal had a extra hard bone coverin its head that uses as a battering ram, like goats and such...
Ox- It was my initial idea of getting a "jugernaut" based in this peaceful animal (mixed with a rhynoceros or something) in the end I preserve just the attitude in the face of my creature.
Bulldog- the pose mainly is from this type of dog, only the pose and some of the legs placement, because I wanted an oversized neck and front legs...

Here are my initicial sketches:
[Image: beastmasters-ref1.jpg]
[Image: beastmasters-ref2.jpg]

And here the final composition with the two cards and a little presentation in "the real world" :)
Hope you like it!
Good luck to everyone!
[Image: beastmasters-final.jpg]
[Image: beastmasters-show.jpg]
Allright, I'm done.
This has been one hell of a ride, so much awesome work in the thread.
Personal notes: I need to lay down a stronger base before I start the fun stuff. Planning is everything. I'll also be sure to study more next time.

Ram the Gladiator
If his hammer is not enough to scatter the competitor's brains all over the sands, this Beastmaster will send himself into a berserk rage and assume the form of a mighty ram. No man is yet to survive his charge.

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
Here's as far as I got. Not quite what I'd like to call finished on either, but at the same time I've never pushed two coloured images so far in two weeks so I'm pretty happy with the results.

.. and yes, it's quite clear where I went a little overboard looking for a design, you should see the scribbling done to work out a composition.