BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters!
woaaah this place is HOT!
awesome work guyssss, here's my derpy rhino

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

NICE SICKBRUSH. GAINS. MAD GAINS

[Image: 1kqaf.jpg]

Sketchy stuff to start me off. Gosh, you guys are getting more badass every day! Every one of you! Just looking great!! :D
[Image: Character_Studies_Mar_25_2013.png]
[Image: LionStudies.png]
[Image: Lion_Sketches_March_25_2013.png][Image: 392864_622720587741935_301201325_n.jpg]

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Whooaa those were superb Cris!

Nice studies Thomas, specially that light!

Chris, watch the legs on your human form :)

Here's some studies of wolves - just the anatomy for the armor.

And here's what I'm into so far:

The legs look small because the perspectives a bit tight do to the eye level being so far up. Proportions are cool, the perspective just makes them look shrunk. See how the feet are planted? That's a good way to look at where the perspective is.

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Ahhh, Sickbrush those pages are sick. It's awesome seeing a good number of people in this. Vulture skull study for tonight.

Oh, got it :P

I liked the forth one btw :)

@ Sickbrush: Fantastic sketches man. Absolutely love it. I wouldn't mind having that skill (laughs). Seriously, those lines and perspectives are just sick. Amazing.

@ everyone else: Great stuff I love this forum because you guys are making me work till 4:30 am!! You're all doing great job as well! Can't wait to see everyone's finals!

Here are my two skull studies. and a couple of crappy compositions. I'll work more on composition tomorrow and probably some more studies of bats and wings and so on.

[Image: tumblr_mk90fnpXNE1rlavnuo1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mk90fnpXNE1rlavnuo2_1280.jpg]

goodnight!

Hey guys, awesome stuff going on!!! I'm burning so many likes in this thread hahaha

@ForrestImel: dude take it easy! you're so far ahead already??? Nice comp btw =)

@MateusRocha: now I see them wolf studies hehe

@Zesiul : dude those cartoon studies are a great idea! I thought about doing it also, but I could only come up with furries as reference in my mind, so I didn't do it, cuz furries sucks balls XD Btw, numbaah 4 all the way!

So.... I'm not quiiite sure in what direction I wanna take this to... mainly with the creature design. I did some silhouettes variations and some test out lines. The fun thing is that the line I ended up trying out for the character (not sure why I picked that one, just for the sake of testing it out) is one for the creature hehe, they all look kinda like the same. I think I'm drifting towards a more realistic fox, but with a more spiritual and ethereal look!

The idea is of this group of kids that live off thievery, and they are never to be caught. some are very young but still very smart and cunning. At night they shift into spirit foxes and takes advantage of the boosted perceptions and intelligence to sneak through and steal better goods. Despite being a group of nomads/homeless kids, they boast very well fitting and rich cloathes
Nuff talkin!

some ideas generation

reference board =)

Predictably, loving the fennecs!

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

Hi everybody! Great stuff here so far. Just joined CD and I'm excited to get started on these!
Don't have much time for speaking but I love what I've seen so far! I really like the thievery fox above this post.

I'm going with the Elephant warrior!
some studies so far

just some roughs for bs14, still not sure where im going, still going to explore some more options, I like the elephant and eagle themes though.

Hey all, great work, can't wait to see everyone's development! I decided to update my dev sheet, with every post so people can see the whole process in one. Hope it might be interesting or useful to see :)
Anyway here are some basic gesture/pose exploration, material studies from beetles that might sneak into my armour design and some very rough helmet ideas.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Real quick update of another study moving forward.

(03-24-2013, 05:49 PM)Forrestimel Wrote: To throw in some possible help on the creature side of reference/inspiration this is a beautiful blog for those that don't know about it: http://www.creaturespot.com/

Yay falcons :D

[Image: 52e04e285184e5d7dc3c62f942945130.png]

[Image: d0e85d2afe12166fa64b1e579d2296f8.png]

[Image: f6918ce4277911c4cf9ed8f3b7cfaf8d.png]

Awesome dude! I like the wings motif for the shoulders the most. I would incorporate the eagles head into the hood some how? I dunno that's my thoughts. The original assassins creed costume design has a bird like mantra about it. Looks good though yours caught my eye through scrolling!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
Bloodsports 14: Beastmasters…

I’m going to unchain my inner beast on this one! Going full digital for my initial silhouette sketches. I’ve been wanting to do the silhouette mashup exercise for a while, seemed like a good place to try it out. Fairly happy three of the designs, however not sure which one to work up further….

Any suggestions from the daggers? Please direct your wisdom at my sketchbook….
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1817.html

[Image: tksuHtj.jpg]

[Image: SpEFeEM.jpg]

[Image: oHHO95t.jpg]

[Image: 4NWj5AN.jpg]

Daggers!

just some studies of rhinos and armour studies, need to do some Wild Hog studies to and working on some armour designs for my character.

Sacrifice <-> Success
PATIENCE
Hot damn you people are rocking it.
Here's my approach, Ram the gladiator.

Gotta step up my game...

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
Vinicius Capiotti, I see your point about the 1x1 photo studies, but for me they get me in the mood and get me painting straight away, without the vacant stare out of the window look that I tend to do. Also scrutinising and recreating texture gives me more of an understanding of what things are made out of. Just my opinion though.

Your water dude sounds ace, particularly the old sailor route. Can't wait to see it.
a concept process iv been working on for some armor designs .
after this little creation im pretty pumped for this challenge