Tyger sketches
I've been sketching from lots of videos, and not enough from life. However, my little daughter took a spontaneous nap today, so I spent an hour sketching her. The resemblance isn't really there, but it was fun to spend so much time studying her face and how she curls up sleeping.

Sketchbook

Studies are looking great. Some perspective cut lines on the hull of the boat would help with perspective and make it easier for you to map out your shadows, which may make it a little simpler.

Must be good to have a life drawing model always around xP Try working a little bigger though, it helped me a lot (I always used to use a5 sketchbooks) but some nice larger drawings will really help. Even if it is just full size a4 :)

I really like the sketches of your daughter - wish mine would sit still long enough for me to draw her!

I think that when we draw people we get to know them, and when we draw people we love we come to understand them - puts us more in rhythm with them - at least that's how I feel : )

Great sketchbook!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
@ Jaik Thanks--I'll work on perspective more. And drawing bigger. My paper is big (8.5x11), but I usually draw small on it.

@Jyonny Thank you! My kids don't sit still much either! It's fun to try to draw them as they move, though.

Some dancer gesture drawings, since I haven't posted any in a while (but have been doing lots). Mostly from youtube vids, some from imagination. I took up belly dance a month ago (talk about distraction--drawing all those dancers made me want to try it!). Oddly, several hours of dance a week helps me understand figures a whole lot better.

Sketchbook

really cool to hear about dancing helping your understanding, I guess feeling the poses yourself helps you understand then a lot more...sounds fun too! I bet with that understanding you'd be able to push the pose even further, make it so strong you feel the tension the pose must have had just by looking at it >:0
Have you thought about maybe using a marker or brush for gesture drawing, something that works more in shape than in line? Might help you to ignore details and really capture the pose. And maybe try drawing legs as just one uninterrupted tube shape instead of reversing the shin's curve, I personally think that way captures the motion better.

Wonderous improvement, and so quickly too! That's what I like to see!

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Wow! Your gestures are instantly more dynamic after picking up dancing.. Maybe I should pick up belly da-- wait.. no.. thats a terrible idea..

Keep pushing at it. You are definitely doing it right :) And good luck with the dancing. I have recently been thinking of finding a non-art related activity to do as a break occasionally. It's amazing how you can apply everything to art lol.

That's so cool that dancing has helped with the anatomy! I think I'm much too awkward for that, I'll have to stick with drawing people from a dark corner like a creep :) Keep pushing!

Thanks guys! I'll reply in your sketchbooks when I have a chance later today.

In the meantime, I had a whole hour of uninterrupted time during the day to do a life study! I started with a gurney-type gamut, but that broke down after a while. So many of the life studies around here have just beautiful colors and light. I'd love to get there someday.

Sketchbook

Nice work on that life study, you got the colours lookin really nice on it.
And yeah your gestures have improved alot recently(i'm jealous XD).

Your gesture work is coming on amazingly!! Loving the sketches too!! Keep up the wonderful works :3 Imogen xX

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Your figures are getting so much better! Keep it up!

3D/VFX artist, entrepreneur and photographer
Katara's Path to Mastery (SB) | Art Blog
Love those dancing figures! They have a really nice flow to them.

The still life has lovely colors and I like how you introduced the color relationships, how the orange picks up green etc - but I'm not sure about the shadows. Is this really how they looked? Looks a bit like you painted round shadows for boxy shapes.^^

Anyway, keep it up :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Thank you so much!

I just realized I haven't been able to create a fantasy painting since 2011. This was one of the last. I've been practicing hours each week those 3 years, but the creative drive never came back. Can it be reclaimed?

The colors are based on arcipello's Motoko image ( tygerson.deviantart.com/art/Motoko-2nd-Closeup-11643988 ), and the face based on a selfie (back before they were called "selfies"), but the rest was out of my head.

Finding irony in my signature all of a sudden.
________

Sketchbook

Those gestures are really awesome, loose and dynamic! That last painting is nice too, I like the sense of subsurface scattering, really helps the figure pop.. Thumbs up! :)

Gesture studies are looking sweet. I should start doing some aswell .
Btw I love your old work-you worked on that colors and understood them well. Why don't you remake it :) I'm sure applying your skills now will show you how much you've improved with all those studies.
Keep up the good work.

CD dA FM  MaL
hey tygerson thanks for the comment i see your a gesture fanatic hahaha, I like what yur' doin' keep going man lets see some full blown composed images :D

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Okay, no more studies until I finish something creative. So here's a start.

Of course, all my gesture practice falls apart the minute I think "painting!" But it did help for the planning/shooting ref stage. I had to move the arms, so there's probably something off with the proportions, but I can't put a finger on it yet.

Refs:

Sketchbook

So much good stuff here as well :)

I need to start to study gestures as well when i finish the ones i'm doing now.. >.<

Keep it up ;)

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Still on the lineart part. Real falconers seem so connected to their raptors, and this falcon just looked so distant, it just wasn't capturing that feeling. So I enlarged it and brought it closer to her face to try and create more of a connection.

Sketchbook