Marjorie's sketches
Really digging that self portrait.

gorgeous work!!
http://i.imgur.com/wgnuJnW.jpg
this thing is super, as well as the other frontal-female illustration things you did (sorry for not having a better way to describe them)

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
[Image: G0TzYmD.jpg]
[Image: nYGRo0e.jpg]
[Image: O6zReUW.jpg]
[Image: TqPnlzs.jpg]

Great studies Marjorie

Hey Tygerson! Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always so thoughtful! I'm glad my stuff is coming across (I hope I can take some time to write up a character bio on her soon) Thanks again! <3

Thanks Jeremy!

Hey AKS9 Thanks! that thing was a pain lol

Thanks Wu bear! :D

you know nothin' jon snu lol
[Image: RU3lh0u.jpg]

[Image: QSa8kgU.jpg]
[Image: CRWZYDv.jpg]

Hey Marjorie I like the the design exploration sketches for that character, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

[Image: bfytfWd.jpg]
[Image: L0tKX9R.jpg]
[Image: vSQyMxt.jpg]
[Image: xOXlQiW.jpg]

[Image: RL3nkSX.jpg]

[Image: A6Yh0bK.jpg]

Great updates Marjorie :) no crits really, just keep up the studies etc and still lifes (advice I need to take myself lol)

p.s inspiring to see you doing maquettes, I want to get into sculpting to help with form and lighting. Have you seen the Stan Winston School videos? I'm subscribing as soon as I can to that mofo. ;)

[Image: RrO5EHO.jpg]
[Image: kd3IyvG.jpg]
[Image: Yf4BRZD.jpg]

Nice! Love the faces!

I have a quick tip for the last colored one: on her face, it doesn't like she is being lit by the magic on the staff because the value on the light there is darker than the rest of the skin!

Think with me here: if you're shining a light on it, any light, it only makes sense for the lit are to get lighter values, right?

Now, if you're losing too much color when you go lighter, try making the skin under it darker - dont need to muddy it up, just drop the value a little bit. The same would work on the shoulder pads/arms. Don't be scared of making white surfaces darker - the tricky here is to be consistent with everything else that is shadowed too; not necessarily making white light value :)

Hope this helps!
Great work, keep it up!

Wow, the last drawing looks fabulous. I love it! The character looks completely alive. I also really like your studies, and the Pikachu with the phone.

Ursula: Thanks! yea you are right. I need to fix that for sure (I'm gonna)

Kaycee: Thank ya kindly!

[Image: LrcK4Uy.jpg]

inspiring work there marjorie! keeps it up!! :)

[Image: ngkAoq6.jpg]

[Image: 6LLH3Ew.jpg]

I like the gauntlet designs - so many beautiful details! Also love the mage character design's color palette. It's too bad she's cut off at the feet though.

Focus.
thanks meat! yea i've lost the original file to that one. it was a full body shot. oh well... i gotta make new stuff anyways so not big loss.

some studies from the last few streams gotta remember to post the others

[Image: NBZ2Ebs.jpg]

[Image: y6wpS7t.jpg]

[Image: aiAbqgG.gif]