Veneq's journey of self discovery
Just a sketch dump here. Trying to hit the pencils every day now. Pretty random.

[Image: lwBGkMh.jpg]
[Image: OlHi0Z1.jpg]
[Image: QOVrUJS.jpg]
[Image: EMlJ0vB.jpg]
[Image: e3dUUuD.jpg]

Mrs. Robocop?
[Image: R6UFg6d.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Looking awesome dude, the pencils look great. And all your linework stuff from the previous page is sweeet. Keep it coming :)

Jake - Thanks! That stuff is a fun diversion from the world of realism we're aiming at with studying.

Some more scanned sketches. Messing with pose and trying to get better at armor design and faces.

[Image: 6x3ZrQp.jpg]
[Image: 8DHtjKG.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Hey those pencil pages are great ! Keep it up! Fill this whole sketchbook hahaha :D

Izzual - Thanks! Trying to! I've got a few more pages I still need to scan.

Some scifi character roughs - just exploring armor and design. Also, my first week of doing gestures every day - 60 Second gestures for May 13-19 - 1 hour per day.

[Image: RgNVj2Y.jpg]
[Image: KvjUNPZ.jpg]
[Image: vyWxWoI.jpg?1]

Steve Anthony Pierce
More moleskin scans - need a better scanner by the way. Probably won't get one ever though. Just know that I'm way better than these sketches show ;)
[Image: 9fgq3eI.jpg]
[Image: X9cdIld.jpg]
[Image: Lu4P2ip.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
loads of improvement in the recent stuff! the pencil sketches are really strong and it;s good to see you focusing on design as well.
keep filling the sketchbooks!

Your pencils are looking good, man. The scans don't look bad by the way, so no worries about that!
Mindwrack - Thanks! Will do! It's been nice to reconnect with pencil sketching lately.

Johnny - thanks! Yeah, they just come out so light though in comparison to the actual sketch. I bump up the contrast like crazy to make it more visible but some fine detail is lost or whatever. Don't really care all that much though. They're just sketches.

Anyway... More sci-fi nonsense.
[Image: lDzj6y9.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Spent a bit of time on this study.
[Image: RuEUyuV.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
very cool stuff.I like the flow of ur figures.Feels human...if that makes sense..lol.Keep it up.

Wow. Shits taking off here, you're getting good.. like real good. I'm envious of your progress.

You may call me Craigilicious from now on, if you'd like. :)

heya veneq! wow, great work on all the armoured characters, lots of style to them

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
Rindoukan - Thanks - keeping it loose and fun where I can I guess.

Craigilicious - High praise from a high place indeed. You humble me.

Aks9 - Thanks! Pushing hard in that department - glad it shows.

Spent a week in the hospital... completely sucked to not be able to draw / paint. Back at it now!

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill for this week’s Portrait Party. So much grungy fun all over that face!

[Image: Ut5Fd5q.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Nice job on those mech armours!

Kidult - hey thanks! So much fun!

Started this for the portrait challenge but didn't get past the loose sketch. Came back to it today.

Johnny Depp from Crybaby. Messed around with chromatic aberration for fun.

[Image: 9Xp79ab.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Scifi rogue concept sketch.
[Image: NNOOTxz.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Geezuus! You are going waaaay over the speed limit sir, slow down!

Always get really inspired by your sketches man. Your characters have sort of a solid feel to them that I love!

Mannyhaatz - Thanks a lot dude! Kind of feels like the opposite of that to me but I'll take the compliment!

Bjulvar - Cool man! Thank you for that. Just made my day!

Small pile of recent stuff I can post.

Some housekeeping - I've kind of moved my main web update presences to tumblr and facebook, but I'm still updating the blog as well. For anyone that wants to connect with me elsewhere, choose your poison:

http://veneq.tumblr.com
http://veneq.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/Veneq.Pierce
http://twitter.com/VeneqArt
http://veneq.cghub.com

And onto updates.
60 second gestures - one of these is 45 seconds by request of someone on facebook - it's whichever one sucks the most. After that is a couple of rough sketches from a new commission.

[Image: wTqycWI.jpg]
[Image: KbkqvRK.jpg]
[Image: nUO7rzd.jpg]
[Image: SfUKKYX.jpg]
[Image: K9nwjBc.jpg]
[Image: MDloxdj.jpg]
[Image: F3bCHC8.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce