Veneq's journey of self discovery
Killing it with all the sketchbook stuff and designs. It's pumped me up to push harder. Keep us updated!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Jonessoda - Firstly, your name makes me thirsty every time I say it. Sedondly, thanks! Glad my updates are fuel man! That gets me pumped myself!

[Image: UjpRx9j.jpg]

Ryan Gosling in Drive for the Portrait Party.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Awesome updates man <3

Ursula - Thanks! Haven't seen you around sketchbook land much lately. Good to hear from you!

Some venom faces for a commission. Borrowed one from an old sketch as well.
[Image: VyinyzX.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Some of my daily gestures from this week. Only put in the chiaroscuro ones because the line ones looked dumb on the same page. Most are 2 minute gestures. Some I paused the timer for to flesh out a little more.

[Image: x7wyhac.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Man killer sketchbook! very inspiring! I'm gonna have to keep coming back for more 'cause this shits addicting! xD

Dat studies! Love it man. You've improved like a mad man =D Totally diggin' it. Hope to see more anytime soon ;3

Marjorie - Hey thanks! I think I already swung by yours but I'll have to again to see if you've got any wicked updates for my hungry eyes!

Wacław - I am pretty mad these days. Just not Joe Mad. There is only one Joe Mad :P
<3

Something different but fun! I freelanced for about 1.5 years almost exclusively in the music industry creating art for shirts - this is one I finished recently and did it all in a more digital painting style + linework. Creating the color separations was a whole different monster with all those smooth gradient tones. Sort of a cellshading, digital painting, comic style line work hybrid for a recent tee shirt commission.
And a bit more gesture work sort of experimenting all over the place:
[Image: iXgUYgy.jpg]
[Image: WtTV6T0.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Oh WHOA man, love that color piece!
Awesome!

I'd totally read that comic. Kick ass man, keep it up.

Ursula - Haha thanks! Good to hear from ya!

Some moleskine doodles.

[Image: ZnA7XIx.jpg]
[Image: Hoy2x3J.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Damn. Love those pencil sketches! The're really inspiring! Going to go and digg out my sketchbook nad draw draw draw!

Ramalooke - Thanks man! I try to set aside at least an hour every day for the old sketchbooks - usually turns into once or twice a week if I'm lucky :/ Single tear.

For Mierce Miniatures

[Image: yWdOfSI.jpg]
[Image: K7rb4PP.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
I've got some tee stuff to show in this post along with recent sketches and concepts.
Tees first I guess:
[Image: l2pDHBe.jpg?1]
[Image: QTtSoDB.jpg]

Sketches:
[Image: M2343ID.jpg]

A crop of a thing I can't reveal fully yet + some detail shots for accessories:
[Image: Uv4z4v4.jpg]
[Image: yMGcl3A.jpg]

One of a handful of roughs for a lady for Mierce:
[Image: 8IwSJX7.jpg]

And the final of the aforementioned lady:
[Image: JbmnFd4.jpg]

That's all for now :)

Steve Anthony Pierce
awesome work Veneq! really digging your chars
minor crit on the warrior in the miniatures piece if you want it, watch out for his hand holding the staff, the angle is maybe a little wonky?
i love the pic though, great facial expression and the design of the armour, pose, animal skins, hellyeh

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
Niiice update mate! I miss those days when you posted on regular basis. hope they'll come back one day. Best wishes!

Niiice update man!

your line work is sexy, your digital stuff is improving but still needs the finesse your traditional papers have. I hope to see you pushing those digital lines / values to "breath" more and feel less flat. Great improvement from page 1 and you keep getting better and better
aks0 - Yeah I see what you mean . Probably wouldn't have hurt to shoot a ref pic on that one.
Ramalooke - Thanks! I know I miss it too! Trying to get back there!
Ursula - Thanks! I need to drop by all of your sketchbooks and see what you've been up to.
Spiffy - Thank you! I hope so!

Had a whacky end of 2013, but here's some from from October / November.
Inspired by two of my all time favorites Sylvia Jii and Alphonse Mucha.
[Image: II4vGkI.jpg?1]
[Image: 8Gx5Esl.jpg]
[Image: DdIAJvv.jpg]
[Image: Efuu9Ri.jpg]
[Image: 97YKB7G.jpg]
[Image: Ff7fOTu.jpg]
[Image: arcQtA6.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Holy Jeeeeeez your sketchbook is awesome, Veneq!

I love your comic book styled characters and whoa, the chic with the skull face makeup (I forgot the nickname for this kind of chic but anyways) is bloody insaaane!!

Lovely work, looking forward to more updates!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Smrrfette - Thank you! I believe it's something like "dia de los muertos" or something. My spanish is not strong. I think I titled that piece "Emmuerte" ;)

Couple more logs on the fire. Second one is WIP.
[Image: sy4ba9A.jpg]
[Image: dbqyo0f.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce