kerm's SKitschbook - Please help by giving critique! Will be really appreciated!
Bug 
Some of gesture sketches... More to come.
+
Some of 20-30 minute colour studies from nature.

Critique appreciated...

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
More 1-minute gesture...

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

Some more gesture + color studies. I think the softer brush did the job well...

Attached Files Image(s)

Latest color study looks really good. Only for avocado(lime?) I would try differentiate more texture depending on shadow/light plain. Equal texture on whole surface make it look flat.

New color studies...

Attached Files Image(s)

New color study....

Attached Files Image(s)

New one

Attached Files Image(s)

Another one

Attached Files Image(s)

i see a lot of study why don't you do something you like for 1sec it important to alternate to refresh interest

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Another...

@darktiste: Maybe that's a good idea. But after all color studies are really fun. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

as long as you do to improve(switching studies is important to because sometime you reach a overconfident level that could lead to poor observation)

My Sketchbook
You're probably right... I did gesture studies everyday for about 2 months. Some of the earlier are on the forum. But after a those two months I started to be mindless while drawing. I couldn't focus that much and so on. So I switched to face sketching. :) I will post those too, when I manage to take a good photo of them.
To be honest I did like 15 color studies, 12 are posted here. That's not much and I still feel that I'm developing. Working on them is still fun. When I start to feel that I'm lacking focus and I'm forcing myself to do them, I'll switch to something else.

This one is the most sucky one I guess... but have to move over.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did a new color study and some figure study in order not to get bored with those fruits :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Color study and... something different... an amazing sexy gladiator horse :/

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey kerm, nice work on your gestures and still life studies. They're both great exercises. You can already see improvement in the still lifes. I'd keep moving along with those, you can also mess around with your light source on them, play around with harder and softer light and so forth.

Just make sure your applying the knowledge your gaining with imaginative work somehow.

Good stuff going on, keep pushing it Man.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

(10-09-2013, 05:20 PM)kerm Wrote: This one is the most sucky one I guess... but have to move over.
The most important thing is not if it suck or not the important is to do your best(maybe you didnt put effort that why you don't like it).Self-bashing is a artist sin that should not be overlook.Like you said you can always move on if you know something is wrong rather then talk bad about your own effort.

My Sketchbook
Thank you Jonesoda!

@darktiste
You're probably right...

Some say:
[Image: BBE5KbkCUAA3eX-.jpg:large]

Your paintings are really good imo! And i can see that they already bear fruit in that gesture drawing you painted in #14. Id say follow that approach more.
As for the getsure drawings Id say keep on doing what youre doing. Youre working on gestural flow I think and thats the right thing. You should however, also start learning about the anatomical landmarks a bit more. But dont lose the flow over anatomy ;-)

@MW-Art: Thank you!

Painted landscape study of Tuscany...

Attached Files Image(s)