René Aigner's Sketchbook
[Image: stud_1113_08.jpg]

[Image: stud_1113_08b.jpg]

Oh! You might like this: Mugshots from the '20s.

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Those photos are soooo awesome! Thanks so much for sharing mat!

---

My first ever spitpaint! This was done in ~30 minutes. Topic was "The Prophet"

[Image: stud_1113_09.jpg]

Expanding my visual library. Today's topic: tree shapes. Took reference from Jack Hamms excellent book on Drawing Land- and Seascapes. Copic markers and high-tec c pen.

[Image: stud_1113_10.jpg]

[Image: stud_1113_11.jpg]

[Image: stud_1113_11b.jpg]

ref from http://faestock.deviantart.com/

Whoah, great sketchbook!
thanks a lot!

[Image: stud_1113_12.jpg]

[Image: stud_1113_13.jpg]

Jeesus! You're a machine!

I don't think I could keep up with this work flow hahaha, at least not during classes.
Keep that up for sure!

Beautiful speedies. I think that your focus with single lightsources is making for some awesome illustration.
Your skill with the marker is awesome too.

Again, all I can say is just keep it up!

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks so much mat! You're too kind.

---

[Image: stud_1113_14.jpg]

Alright. It's happening. People have been telling me to do some sort of video tutorial, and I've always fallen short of what I promised. Until now. I'm pleased to announce that "The Power of Boxes", the first episode of what I plan as an educational series is in the making. We will be talking about perspective, about boxes and about proper learning resources to which I will link you in the description of the video. You will see me construct the two vehicles above, so take this as a teaser. The video will of course be in english. I can't promise anything, but I hope to get everything done this week. Stay tuned.

[Image: stud_1113_15.jpg]

Man! Your stuff is super solid! <3

Thanks!

--

[Image: stud_1113_15.jpg]
PERSPECTIVE/ FORM BUILDING TUTORIAL
It is done! Here's the link to almost an hour of me rambling on about perspective and form building:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25x7MuSrQGU
included is a pdf with links to learning resources. I hope this will be useful for some of you. This is primarily aimed at those who are starting out with perspective drawing.

[Image: stud_1113_16.jpg]

Woah. Thank you for the tutorial :D

Finished watching Mr. Robertson's videos too. You really took most of the things he said to heart & absorbed it completely.

Keep up the good work bro.

you're welcome =) And thanks!

---

[Image: stud_1113_17.jpg]

Oh man! Your landscapes are so great! Do you have any tips on what to study in order to paint like this? I'm sort of in a rut when it comes to my environments.

Paint from references. A lot. You have to get used to what "looks real" by studying real landscapes. Later you can then extrapolate from your visual library and make up your own scenes from imagination with passable realism.

---

[Image: stud_1113_18.jpg]

Thanks! Then I will crank up the intensity on the landscape studies :)

Awesome brushwork on the latest 2 studies, I love how you use textured brushes..