René Aigner's Sketchbook
Wow dude! The texturing on that last piece is awesome! I love the tarnishing and the liquid. Looking forward to more :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks! Finalized the rifle concept:

[Image: moi_gun_5.jpg]

[Image: moi_gun_6.jpg]

Been very busy with work lately (and was sick for two weeks...), here's some stuff:

[Image: yggdrasil_final.jpg]

[Image: island_4.jpg]

[Image: oldhands_1.jpg]

Some 3D experimentation (displacement textures in octane):

[Image: octandafuq3.jpg]

That 3d rock looks cool. How long does it take to create such thing? Do you know if it's possible to make such stuff in Blender?

None of the rock is modeled. It's just a donut shape. The displacement texture does all the work for you.
I got those particular textures here: http://real-displacement-textures.com/

WIP:
[Image: harbour_1.jpg]

Awesome stuff man - the skin texture on those hands is amazing!

And those displacement textures look really good too.

Looking forward to more!

@Piotr: Blender has a displacement textures feature - so you could do something like that with it in theory.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks a lot!

[Image: harbour_2a.jpg]

[Image: harbour_2b.jpg]

That village is awesome. Funny thing I'm just listening to some viking music.

So did you use these displacement texture in this one too? Basically you make a blob shape and apply a texture and that's it?

When it comes to the rocks, yes, that's basically it. The houses are of corse modelled seperatedly.

This is done now:

[Image: island_final.jpg]

[Image: ship_final.jpg]

I think I haven't painted anything without a 3D base or photo elements in over six months. So I slipped in a quick oldschool portrait study and had some fun with edges.

[Image: blgrstd1.jpg]

[Image: blgrstd1b.jpg]

That portrait is beautiful. The edges look great and really controlled.

I really like how you're not afraid to draw anything and you have a variety of different subjects in your sketchbook. Very inspiring work.