Shin's Sketchbook

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Hey, that's some awesome in the painting from just the last page. The value studies and practice is especially good!

I really like these latest figure studies. The torso has been squeezed/stretched in a few of these that you've done, so look out for that in the next set. It could also help if you add more box forms into your under-drawing or main sketch. This also helps to keep things constructed and in alignment with other landmarks. You've got a lot of nice S and C curves that give a lot of movement. More of those straights will help further solidify your drawings and warping issues. :]

(11-17-2016, 05:44 AM)Archreux Wrote: Hey, that's some awesome in the painting from just the last page. The value studies and practice is especially good!

I really like these latest figure studies. The torso has been squeezed/stretched in a few of these that you've done, so look out for that in the next set. It could also help if you add more box forms into your under-drawing or main sketch. This also helps to keep things constructed and in alignment with other landmarks. You've got a lot of nice S and C curves that give a lot of movement. More of those straights will help further solidify your drawings and warping issues. :]

Thanks for the feedback ! :D

More stuff-

Moar studies~~

Great work on your portraits and thumbs, but better check your boxes' perspective on 2 recent studies, it looks off

(12-22-2016, 02:47 AM)neopatogen Wrote: Great work on your portraits and thumbs, but better check your boxes' perspective on 2 recent studies, it looks off

Thanks, yea, freehand boxes aren't my specialty xD
--

Portrait stuf.

Some value practice~

Your sketchbook is so inspiring its crazy! I love your portraits and edges, everything looks so soft and crisp at the same time

Stuff~

I wonder if I put all the time I wasted for the new Final Fantasy game into practice, would my art skillz go up a level xD

Some color explorations and stuff~

Due to college stuff and new FF game, I wasn't able to draw much so here are my tries to get back to it~

I love the amount of time you put into your fundamentals! It is time for me to do that honestly.

What is your process for doing your gesture studies? For your underdrawing, do you think about the spine exclusively or do you just quickly draw what you see?

Thank you!

(02-13-2017, 01:06 AM)AfricanVoodoo Wrote: I love the amount of time you put into your fundamentals! It is time for me to do that honestly.

What is your process for doing your gesture studies? For your underdrawing, do you think about the spine exclusively or do you just quickly draw what you see?

Thank you!

I don't really think much, I just try to get as accurate as I can while keeping my eye on the overall shape, that's all. : )

-----
More small stuff.

bleh, I seriousy need to get my game up..

Wow, what a massive improvement! Great persistence and practice. :) I love how fluid your figures are looking!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
(04-01-2017, 11:57 AM)Bookend Wrote: Wow, what a massive improvement!  Great persistence and practice. :)  I love how fluid your figures are looking!

Thanks, considering how much I have time tho there could have been more. :p

--------

Some studies, trying out stuff and values~

Learning some 3D~~