Shin's Sketchbook
Heyyy, long to time no post~ :o

I haven't been doing much studies lately, mostly focusing on finishing stuff rather than giving up early and deleting it. 
It's a very bad habit of mine wich I'm gonna work on this year and try to upload mostly my 'bad' and 'sorta bad' stuff xD

Attached Files Image(s)

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Long time no post !
Life is busy as usual, very little time to draw anything but even a line is something ;o

Such pretty light and varied edges!

What's a good resource for learning how to handle values so beautifully?

edit: I just looked at the first page of your sketchbook, and dang, you have improved so much! It's so inspiring to see your progress!

Sketchbook

(02-13-2018, 06:07 AM)Tygerson Wrote: Such pretty light and varied edges!  

What's a good resource for learning how to handle values so beautifully?

edit:  I just looked at the first page of your sketchbook, and dang, you have improved so much! It's so inspiring to see your progress!

Eyyy thanks :D

Handling values ?!?......beautifully ?!?!??...xD can I eat that ? :p To be honest, I'm one of the peeps who just hit the wall with their heads until I figure out I have a hammer beside me but honestly thanks for the kind comment :)

I guess I did but I still struggle at some fundamental stuff, gotta get back at them sometime :s

Hello, it's your boy- Okami the inconsistent one :D 
Not much to post, just more style exploration and a dwagon =w=

Off to actually finishing something~ :F

Guess I'll get a hammer.

Some cool shapes on the dragon. Good luck working on a finished piece!

Sketchbook

Hey, it's your boi- Okami the blue boy :))
Some animal/flower hybrids and a portrait practice for now :o The whale one was a quick color experiment. I'll have to do more like that but I'll be tough with time since my school starts again >.< ...But I won't give up ! B)))

Hey, It's your boy- Okami the invisible one~~~ or am I ?! :D

School eating most of my time, you know how it is :c so here are some fun sketches. I really like experimenting with design with them : ))

Hey, It's your boy- Okami the artist wannabe~ :D

Not much stuff, I need to get back to doing studies. Idk if I uploaded the crow here already but I'm too lazy to check xD

yoooooo my dude! you need some focus in here; What are we trying to do? crows? cubes? titty witties? abstract face thing? ya gotta focus my dude, if you like titty witties, go for that, do the shit out of it! those shapes are really nice; apply those edges to some titty witties, and that'll look aweshome my dude keep it up <3

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(03-31-2018, 11:40 AM)Fedodika Wrote: yoooooo my dude! you need some focus in here; What are we trying to do? crows? cubes? titty witties? abstract face thing? ya gotta focus my dude, if you like titty witties, go for that, do the shit out of it! those shapes are really nice; apply those edges to some titty witties, and that'll look aweshome my dude keep it up <3

I knooooow, I'm tryyying but it's one day titty witties, the others are not xD

So, it's your boi- Okami the 'procrastination queen' wannabe~ =w=
Some small stuff and warm ups~~I'm working on a project with a friend so hopefuly thats gonna make me focus more on one thing. Other than that, I didn't do shading or color studies in a while so hopefuly I wont get rusty at that >.<

Attached Files Image(s)

like what im seein here, keep that up!

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey, It's your boy- Okami the 'I study art everyday but then realize I didn't do anything at the end of the day' one~ :D

Some small stuff, experimenting with stuff in the background, hope to post some done stuff soon !

Hey- it's your boi- Okami the forgetfull one~~<3 (Like seriously, life hit me so hard I forgot this site even existed hoho~)

Not much stuff, still trying to figure out my best approach to drawing- it has been pushing and pulling these days honestly. Testing some textures and stuff and trying not to be lazy but eh..  098eb4a5  ..love these emotes tho~  Moon, good night Sun

draw moar paint less ;)

@Fedodika:

Aren't they the same thing hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? :))

Hey- it's your boi- Okami the graduate wannabe wannabe~:D

Took a few days break from all the drawing and painting and slowly geting back. During the break, I thought about all the inspirations and stuff that made me do this this for so long and I started questioning it at some point. I realized I made this huge blob of stress and insecurity in me that would make me feel like turd whenever I would draw something and that would prevent me on doing any personal work or work in general. Can't say I got rid of it but I'm more aware of it now. I struggle with it every day and I realized that's how it was all these years.

So with this in mind, I'll try to slowly get back into drawing and try to make stuff that I'm actualy happy with. :)

There's definitely a down side to grinding studies if you do it the point where you can't find the joy in them. People who do that either have to go find themselves again or end up giving up. Understand the point of shading these spheres and other forms. Then move on to studying light on figures, vehicles, architecture. It's way more interesting.

The dog is pretty great too, and proof you don't need to do a million studies of spheres to make a nice image.

More forms and stuff, gonna try to upgrade them on colorrrrrrrrrrrrrr~~

If you put sphere pyramid or box atleast try to use the light so there cast shadow on all of them.It seem stupid but thinking about cast shadow can help guide the eye to certain element in a illustration.It specially important for illustrator to understand how to altern pattern of light and shadow to create area of contrast for form to read.Just take the example of a box in the dark you don't know if it a box or not.It the alternace of light and shadow that create form but i don't think i need to tell you that.I just want to point out to think about how you can use those 2 pattern to indicate form.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hey Shin !
Well, not many people can make studies like legs, hands and basic shapes interesting, but you certainly can ! You've got some serious skills in the "interesting" department. Your improvement is pretty fenomenal from page 1 as I saw others have stated too ;).
Can you give me an idea what's the direction you want to go further ? illustrations in a certain style or some other specific subjects ? asking because maybe I'll be able to recommend some stuff/books/tuts/.

cheers !

I'm not the best with social media.

I attach a scribble/sketch to every post/reply I make in my threads. It might not be very sane.