cicakkia's sketchbook
(08-14-2022, 08:15 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates!  Great comp and expression with the rabbits/crocodile.  It's obvious you enjoy drawing them and it really shows with your work!

Thanks, man. I should be doing this long time ago. I regret waste few years not chasing drawing what I like. 

Updated August 2022

Some sketchbook sketches

Digital sketches
characters sketches 

Continue previous The Bullies sketch

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Lol I love the little mouse dude. so cute!

(09-02-2022, 02:22 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Lol I love the little mouse dude. so cute!

Thanks, JosephCow. That really makes me happy.

I've been thinking gonna set my own goal on doing more studies about construction on character :)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Up date mid September 2022

Pencil sketches

Some horse, alligator and scale sketches

Random Digital sketches 
This one I saw youtube thumbnail with cat spikey fur. But I end up drawing Anthropomorphic 

Kimberly from Street Fighter 6 quick sketches. 

Draw this after my disappointment with newest Pinocchio 2022. IMO, classic Pinocchio 1940 way better

The bullies finally colored

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

It's been a while I haven't upload. I do mostly sketches lately because wanted to do inktober 2022 challenge and try to push myself to think an idea every day in order to no getting slacking often

Late September 2022 sketches

Unicorn stylize drawing

Honest John and Gideon sketch. Character from Pinocchio 2022. The only characters I like because the animation and expression is probably the best from all the entire show

Inktober 2022 day1 Gargoyle

day2 Scurry

day3 Bat

Day4 Scallop

Day5 Flame

Day6 Bouquet. Also little tribute for legend artist, Kim Jung GI. Rest in Peace

Day7 Trip

Day8 Match

Day9 Nest

Day10  Crabby

Day11 Eagle. I just love drawing eagle 

To be continued

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

You're drawings have so much character! I think they look great. They look very lively, almost ripe for animation. I do, however, think you should be giving them some more value/shading, more colour and depth. I think it would really bring out their personalities!

Beautiful line work and expression is happening here!

(10-16-2022, 05:40 AM)Damien Levs Wrote: You're drawings have so much character! I think they look great. They look very lively, almost ripe for animation. I do, however, think you should be giving them some more value/shading, more  colour and depth. I think it would really bring out their personalities!

Beautiful line work and expression is happening here!

Thanks, Damien. Really appreciate for the comment :)

Yea, this is very good advice. I wanted slowly building up to go for value and shading when doing sketch. It just sometimes making construction already make my brain so exhausted, at least for me. I hope I can eventually getting more used to put more information like value and shading in one go. 

Continue Inktober 2022 sketch

Day 12 Forget

Day 13 Kind

Day 14 Empty

Day 15 Armadillo

Day 16 Fowl

Day 17 Salty

Day 18 Scrape

Day 19 Pony tail

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated to my last inktober 2022

Probably will be fewer updated next month as got some work to do

Day 20 Bluff

Day21 Bad dog

Day 22 Heist

Day 23 Booger

Day 24 Fairy

Day 25 Tempting

Day26 Ego

Day 27 Snack

Day28 Camping

Day 29 Uh Oh

Day 30 Gear

Day 31 Farm

Some of them still feel rush But at least I have fun and learned a lot by doing these. I hope I can achieve better result on next inktober :)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

A bit more overlap in your work to create depth wouldn't hurt to much for example in the piece with the flying food.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Do you follow Lackadaisy at all? I feel like you'd appreciate the vintage patina of their characters and the costume design.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(11-01-2022, 03:48 AM)darktiste Wrote: A bit more overlap in your work to create depth wouldn't hurt to much for example in the piece with the flying food.

I completely forgot to make some overlap and scale to make more depth. I'll try to fix it later. Thank you for this :) 

(11-01-2022, 12:44 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Do you follow Lackadaisy at all? I feel like you'd appreciate the vintage patina of their characters and the costume design.
Oh yes, I even read her all webcomic from beginning to latest haha. I really admire the world 20th century style, the character building and a bit dark tone setting. Very inspiring to see her works. I can't wait to see her animation project comes to live.

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Wonderful updates! You're style is really unique and the expressions of your characters are very well done as always, very animated and lively. Keep it up!

(11-05-2022, 09:35 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Wonderful updates!  You're style is really unique and the expressions of your characters are very well done as always, very animated and lively.  Keep it up!

Thanks, man. really appreciate it.

Some sketches I did a while back

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Loving your cartoony images. Such a breath of fresh air from all the demons, wizards, and death and destruction that fills art sites these days.

Glad your finding that voice and keep 'em coming!

(11-30-2022, 11:03 AM)Jephyr Wrote: Loving your cartoony images.  Such a breath of fresh air from all the demons, wizards, and death and destruction that fills art sites these days.

Glad your finding that voice and keep 'em coming!

Thank you, Jephyr. Really appreciate the comment.

I learned my lesson which I should pursuit what I like to draw then expand it from there, not the other way around (Wasted like 8 years to realise this). I hope I can improve with better interpretation for my art. Right now, I still push myself for thinking of story behind my drawing which I really lacking due too many years, I just paint what people told me  Sad

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Happy New Year 2023 everyone. Let's keep moving forward  Thumbs_up

Practice creating a story from only 6 random words prompt. They are cat, robot, cape, wing, underwater and yellow.

Not supporting the AI generator images

First 2023 New year sketch

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Great updates! Really digging the robot and turtle image, I feel it's a great concept with some awesome color choices. Keep it up!

(01-03-2023, 12:52 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Great updates!  Really digging the robot and turtle image, I feel it's a great concept with some awesome color choices.  Keep it up!

Thanks, man. Really appreciate for the comment. 

updated January 2023 sketch and some early February 2023. Not that much update because busy doing project work

random sketchbook sketches

Rabbit

Fanart sketch from one of my favorite scene from Puss in Boots The Last Wish

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Great updates, loving your style as always, very expressive which always makes more some very strong drawings. Keep it up!

(02-13-2023, 01:29 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Great updates, loving your style as always, very expressive which always makes more some very strong drawings.  Keep it up!

Thank you. Appreciate it :)

Updated from February to March 2023

There are many things happen lately. Some good, some bad. One of the bad that I got knee back pain suddenly. I don't know how but my guess is probably sitting too long and aging factor? Took me like 2 months (starting on January) for getting recover. That cause my drawing activity become less because I need to move around every 20 or 30 minutes or my knee back become stiff. Gladly I got better after having myself rest and do some light exercise. This make me realize I need to schedule my healthy activity too. Anyway, enough for the ranting haha

Planning to narrow my focus to one goal from now on. I just love doing character with expression. That's one thing I wanted to focus and hopefully I can cooperate them with my painting experience to give more emotion. 

Sketchbook drawing

Some character drawing

Local community challenge. 

Sketch

For character design challenge

Character practice

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation