cicakkia's sketchbook
(12-18-2021, 03:01 AM)darktiste Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 07:39 PM)cicakkia Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:39 PM)darktiste Wrote: I always enjoy the effort you put in creating gesture and flow in those creature and a good variety of pose from jumping to running to sitting and sleeping which to me make me think you got potential for animation.There also the storytelling that most of the time have goofy attitude to them which make me think there a little bit of you in those creature if i am correct.

Thanks, Darktiste. I actually like more into on storytelling than animator. The reason I do gesture stuff because I wanted create more emotion behind it. Also somehow I suppose it could help me to draw loosely too. Or I think it looks fun. Lol. Anyway, I'm doing these because I kinda have some vision for what I want. But honestly I actually a little scare for this vision approach as well

The worst that can happen is not doing it.You don't have to show it to the whole world.You don't even have to show it if you don't want to.
You right. Guess I need at least try doing it rather regret not doing it later. 

(12-18-2021, 11:54 AM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Loving this sketchbook! This inktober pieces were imaginative and original and above all well drawn. Keep up the great work, would love to see more. I would like to see more of the squirrel and snake story, maybe colored!
Thank you, CBinnsIllustration. Appreciate it. I would like to continue that piece but I don't want to rush it either. Perhaps I would continue it on 2022 later :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Happy new Year 2022 everyone 

During holiday I try doing traditional medium mostly. 

Art practice gesture on Bobby Chiu 90 Min Life Drawing video

1 and 2 minutes

5 minutes

10 minutes

Some portrait sketch study 

Frog sketches

Bird hatchling sketch

some bird digital rough sketch explore gesture

Christmas parrot digital sketch

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Hey there, really nice sketchbook here, I love how you're using all kinds of different media, I think it helps a person to be a more well rounded artist in the end. I particularly love your animal studies from the previous page (those cats are wonderful).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

You do have a wide variety in your studies and they're all very precise/deliberate - like you're seeing every sketch to the end and there's no wasted or just confused efforts. It's satisfying to see.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
@Artloader
Hi, Artloader. Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps that is my wishful thinking that I can draw anything that I enjoy in the end Haha But I don't want have that kind far expectation yet. I practice doing more on traditional medium because it really help me for delivering more thought out in the process. 

@RottenPocket
Thanks, mate. Although I think some of them just totally random when I hype on something Haha

Anyway here other pencil sketch I forgot to upload on December 2021

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Lovely sketchbook! Those pencils are very well done. These remind me of when I read kids books to my kids and I'm always very critical of the artwork ( i know i shouldn't be but cant help it), when i see illustrations similar to yours it makes me smile and I tell my daughter  "see...this person can draw!"  I would love to see some of these with perhaps some subtle watercolors to make them pop. Keep up the great work!

lovely sketches with loads of variety, nice
Happy New year, C!

LOVE your Christmas parrot, and the bird gesture and the animal studies too.

Hope you have a productive 2022!

@CBInnsIllustration
Thanks. I'm gonna give some traditional painting practice again once I'm more confident of my traditional sketching.

@whitebbwolf

@Jephyr 
Thank you. same to you :)

Update mid January 2022. Still traditional sketch because last week a bit busy for doing commission work

Some gesture practice 1 and 2 minutes

face portrait sketch studies

portrait fanart after watching sipderman no way home

cats sketches study and random dog

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

I think you should think about the structure of your head a little more.For example i think you might have a problem which is that you don't understand what under the hair. It a pretty common mistake.I am not sure if you are drawing those head from memory but it seem like it what you are doing to me i am not feeling like you are actually trying to understand the structure of thing but just reproduce what you see which is more about value than structure.I have the feeling you draw more what you see and try to guess until you get happy accident correct me if i am wrong but the quality of your line suggest this to me.

You can find an example of the mistake i am sharing with you here.About hair and what underneat
https://rapidfireart.com/2017/05/25/less...-fix-them/

Edit* Going back a little in this sketchnook i notice a few head construction i think you just want to try to do atleast 10 of those every week that seem like a reasonable goal i would say.If you got more time and feel like you would benefit from it try more.But if anything try to get caught up in the detail you want to go with wireframe and value and line i would say.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Man I love the variety of animals! I also can't help but notice your grasp of different styles too- painterly, line/ink, graphic, and even a deliberate control of shape language. Seeing that you're working on more humans lately, I can already imagine the possibilities combined w your level of polish and storytelling :) keep em coming dude

(01-17-2022, 02:13 PM)darktiste Wrote: I think you should think about the structure of your head a little more.For example i think you might have a problem which is that you don't understand what under the hair. It a pretty common mistake.I am not sure if you are drawing those head from memory but it seem like it what you are doing to me i am not feeling like you are actually trying to understand the structure of thing but just reproduce what you see which is more about value than structure.I have the feeling you draw more what you see and try to guess until you get happy accident correct me if i am wrong but the quality of your line suggest this to me.

You can find an example of the mistake i am sharing with you here.About hair and what underneat
https://rapidfireart.com/2017/05/25/less...-fix-them/

Edit* Going back a little in this sketchnook i notice a few head construction i think you just want to try to do atleast 10 of those every week that seem like a reasonable goal i would say.If you got more time and feel like you would benefit from it try more.But if anything try to get caught up in the detail you want to go with wireframe and value and line i would say.
Ah yes, I understand your point. What you said absolutely right about being no structure on those sketches. I can easily do structure in digital by just creating separate layer, undo, transform etc. But in traditional I need different approach. And that is very hard for me because I can't rely anything what digital could do. So sometimes I lost my sense doing structure and just wanted go for shape and value. Bad habit of mine at least. Maybe you asking why I'm not just use digital? Well the answer is simple I just wanted to get better and want to avoid relying too much on digital tool hahaha. 

I absolutely try to do more of these. And will try avoid those mistake :)

(01-18-2022, 09:47 AM)_spec Wrote: Man I love the variety of animals! I also can't help but notice your grasp of different styles too- painterly, line/ink, graphic, and even a deliberate control of shape language. Seeing that you're working on more humans lately, I can already imagine the possibilities combined w your level of polish and storytelling :) keep em coming dude
Thank you Thank you. I just too bored and too much spare time. Lol. Joke aside, I think I wanted to find my inner child again with the reason why I draw. I never thought drawing for fun is much better and more productive. That's my common regret that I didn't do it in the beginning

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

(01-17-2022, 01:13 PM)cicakkia Wrote: @CBInnsIllustration
Thanks. I'm gonna give some traditional painting practice again once I'm more confident of my traditional sketching.

@whitebbwolf

@Jephyr 
Thank you. same to you :)

Update mid January 2022. Still traditional sketch because last week a bit busy for doing commission work

Some gesture practice 1 and 2 minutes

face portrait sketch studies

portrait fanart after watching sipderman no way home

cats sketches study and random dog
Your linework is very interesting. I'm wondering how you're drawing. I think you'd benefit from trying a variety of different ways to draw lines - from the wrist, vs the shoulder, etc. Your linework seems a little hesitant to me, but it looks good when it's fully developed in your drawings (the cats, the trees, and those drawings). Do you ever draw large?

@Anomily
I rarely draw large on Traditional but I interest to do them on the future. I still have a habit wanted to rush everything. That something I wanted to avoid. 

Updated January 2022
Fanart sketch my favorite villain spiderman return after wathing Spiderman no way home 

Dragon sketch for commission

Bird pen sketch

Tiger sketch practice

Happy Lunar New YEar 2022 :)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated Mid February 2022

Faces sketches study

Some bird feet study

Rabbit pen sketches

Some fanart monster drawing from Monster Hunter Rise

Tetranadon

Goss Harag

This one create for Character Design Challenge. Personally didn't like the outcome due lack of research and ideation

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated late February 2022

Pencil and pen sketches studies

Digital

Character experiment with reference

Goss Harag fanart continue sketch

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Really great work, very inspiring stuff. Keep up the great work.

Sketchbook | Instagram

"Drawing is the honesty of art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad." - Salvador Dali
(03-03-2022, 02:15 AM)Gulp86 Wrote: Really great work, very inspiring stuff. Keep up the great work.
Thank you 

Updated Mid March 2022

Pen sketch Tree 

Faces pencil sketches

Birds mechanical pencil sketches

Digital Sketch. No more War

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

For the no more war i think you could have the gun break or atleast bend a little bit for extra dramatical effect.Also a classical imagery that signify peace is the flower sticking out of the gun barrel.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(03-16-2022, 06:42 PM)darktiste Wrote: For the no more war i think you could have the gun break or atleast bend a little bit for extra dramatical effect.Also a classical imagery that signify peace is the flower sticking out of the gun barrel.

That's good suggestion. Because I already doing colored when reading this, I think I'll just try add some scratch of the gun as oppose making them looks break. Thanks :)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation