cicakkia's sketchbook
(10-12-2020, 12:54 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Great updates here, really dig your dragon pieces in particular, always well constructed and well done in general!
Thanks. Lately I try learn on doing construction and shape language. Hopefully getting better on character drawing 

Updated. Having fun on inktober 2020

Traditional

"Fish"

"wisp"

"Bulky"

"Blade"

"Squirrel"

"Disgusting". Also Inspired from game Among Us

Digital

"fancy"

"Hope"

"Dune"

"Armor"

"slippery"

"teeth"

"throw"

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated inktober 2020

Radio

Outpost

Rocket

Storm

Loss

Dizzy

Coral

Sleep

Chef

RIP

DIG

BUDDY

Hide

music

float

Shoes

Ominous

Crawl

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

updated mid November 2020.

pose study from mannequin

Pen and marker sketch

Digital sketch

Photo study

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

now THAT is the kind of Sketchbook I was hoping to see again. Thats really cool work. Solid. Thank you for sharing
(11-22-2020, 04:26 AM)whitebbwolf Wrote: now THAT is the kind of Sketchbook I was hoping to see again. Thats really cool work. Solid. Thank you for sharing
No problem. Thanks for visiting by the way :)

Update late November 2020

Photo study mostly 90 minutes. Note to self Need to study on faces proportion perspective :(

Paper sketch and drawing

Digital drawing and  sketches

very Rough sketch

Line sketch

Line refinement

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Your good at story telling i think you should capitalize on that but don't forget the rest that support that.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(12-01-2020, 04:22 PM)darktiste Wrote: Your good at story telling i think you should capitalize on that but don't forget the rest that support that.
Thank you, darktiste. That's really good to hear :)

Yea, I try aiming on that one. This was my actual first goal when into art for the first time because I like doing character. After doing lots of painting because job demand, etc, I already forgot what my really goal is. Maybe that time I was thinking doing something I want won't benefit on my art career. Man, I was so wrong. I actually feel better and more happy doing my own goal rather actually spend my whole life didn't achieved I want. Anyway thanks again, It's nice to know I'm on right path :)

Update mid December 2020

photo study

study and sketches

Color from previous sketches

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated 

Sketches

Photo study

Wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday 

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

i see some 90 minutes challenges from schoolism podcast ^^ I wish i'd follow along but i'm always at work due to time zone ! I think you should pay extra attention to the faces you're painting, values looks quite good but proportions are mostly off, especially the eyes ! Seems like something you should really study ! keep it up !

Nice updates here, I really enjoy your animal inspired pieces especially, I think you work great with that subject matter. The recent dragon image you posted is really well done in particular, great composition and the value and lighting work is really well done! Keep it going!

(12-26-2020, 05:17 PM)wld.89 Wrote: i see some 90 minutes challenges from schoolism podcast ^^ I wish i'd follow along but i'm always at work due to time zone ! I think you should pay extra attention to the faces you're painting, values looks quite good but proportions are mostly off, especially the eyes ! Seems like something you should really study  ! keep it up !
Ah yes, I really need to take it slowly. Sometimes I wanted just to rush things. This is probably the worst habit of me. I try to keep that in mind :)  

(01-03-2021, 06:48 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates here, I really enjoy your animal inspired pieces especially, I think you work great with that subject matter.  The recent dragon image you posted is really well done in particular, great composition and the value and lighting work is really well done!  Keep it going!
Thanks, man. Appreciate it :)

Updated final 2020. Onward 2021 :D

Pen Sketches

Robot design drawing

Photo study

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated mid january 2021.

Fanart mitzune sketch

faces sketch trying capture shape

Sketch drawing and photo study

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated late January 200220

Pen Sketch

Digital sketch

Art color study

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

The raccoon and the cat artworks are amazing! I can't really think of a critique, so I'm just gonna say: Great work, and hope to see you post more! :)

(02-07-2021, 04:31 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: The raccoon and the cat artworks are amazing! I can't really think of a critique, so I'm just gonna say: Great work, and hope to see you post more! :)
Thanks, Zorrentos. Really appreciate :)

Updated Mid February 2021. Doing tradition art lately

Photo study

Sketches and Gouache painting

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

your art would really improve by studying faces a lot more, from what i see it's your biggest isues right now (not much about structure but more about proportions ! ) Keep it up !

(02-18-2021, 07:05 AM)wld.89 Wrote: your art would really improve by studying faces a lot more, from what i see it's your biggest isues right now (not much about structure but more about proportions ! ) Keep it up !
Thanks for the advice. I do study faces but I have to admit I don't study on everyday routine lol. Maybe I should try to reschedule so it won't miss a lot time frame between study the faces and others stuff

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Wow, all your characters are so expressive. I really like the mice sketches. I dont feel confident to really critique something, but one thing I noticed is that some of the animal colour portraits look a bit dull in colour, not the raccoon and cat ones though, those look great!

I really enjoy the dynamic and playfulness in your animal drawings. They are amazing!

Keep up the great work and also the nice portrait/face studies! :)
(02-23-2021, 09:18 AM)Jana Wrote: Wow, all your characters are so expressive. I really like the mice sketches. I dont feel confident to really critique something, but one thing I noticed is that some of the animal colour portraits look a bit dull in colour, not the raccoon and cat ones though, those look great!

Thanks. Ah yes, I was not happy too by some of them actually. But hey, that's what sketchbook is all about, right Tongue? Show off the junk art so people could see :) 

(02-23-2021, 09:27 PM)Kaiko Wrote: I really enjoy the dynamic and playfulness in your animal drawings. They are amazing!

Keep up the great work and also the nice portrait/face studies! :)
Thanks. I'll do my best :)

Updated late february 2021. 

Sketch

color study

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation