(sketchbook name)
Hello everyone, you can call me Panda or Ivy. In this 20 years of my life I never took drawing and art seriously, but now I do. And I'm here to improve as much as I can. ^^

Most of the time I just sketch traditionaly. Just few weeks ago dear Panda-sensei borrowed me her tablet so I can practice digital panting.

Firstly here are some sketched ideas of mine... :D

Just two colored things...

And ofc I just want you to know there's sooo mayn things I drew I'll just post few of these older things and start with new digital stuff ^^

Now... here are some drawings I did with tablet ^^

- sketch

- lineart

- coloring

- it's really messy and 1st coloring I did on tablet actually xD I have mistakes a lot of them
- hair is so weird i really need to work on that
- shadows must be more blended

- one hand study (i'm really bad when it comes to drawing hands :'( )

// Sketchbook // DeviantArt //

May the painting skills be with you! :3
Hello there! :D

I haven't been on Crimson Daggers for quite some time but i'm still drawing and i thought it will be awesome to come here. New drawings are coming soon and i'll try to make myself post almost every week something. Everyone who cares i'll be really happy to get some feedback from you.

Here is one of my latest partrait studies i did few weeks ago.

I've made few cards for Velos CCG (https://www.facebook.com/velos.ccg?fref=ts if i'm not allowed to put links like this here just let me know and i'll delete it)

I did some animal studies and drew this for another game (Slagged - https://www.facebook.com/Slagged?fref=ts )

Then I did a poster for a friend. In here is just an owl. xD

Since i don't often draw happy girly things i just need to place this here 'cause of reasons. xD

Hi, Stoned Panda! Looks like you've improved a bit from your first post. Hope to see more from you. It would be nice to see your studies you did for these as well as your finished pieces.

(04-08-2015, 03:07 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Hi, Stoned Panda! Looks like you've improved a bit from your first post. Hope to see more from you. It would be nice to see your studies you did for these as well as your finished pieces.

thank you :D i'll try to post them soon but there's too many things i've been working on so it's kinda hard to find them among all those files. But i'll try to draw every day so i'll be more active with studies. ^^

Hello there. I think I'll echo what some of Adam said, in that you seem to have improved a bit since you last posted. Looking at your more recent stuff, you could probably work on your values a bit, I think in some places they're not a strong as they could be.

Anyway, nice to have you here, be sure to keep posting!

You certainly improved a lot and you seem to understood a lot of things too. But I hope you don't mind me giving you some feedback and maybe resources in order to improve further. I have struggled at the start to understand what makes a painting interesting so I began searching and I came across some useful information, it's all about design basics, check out a book : Design Basics by David A. Lauer . I find this book to be the fundamental for creating interest in a painting and a design in general. That's for start there are many things you should check out although you may have amazing ideas you have to learn to portrait them in an interesting way. Also I don't know why but I feel that your colors don't have a lot of value range, you should have more dark darks and and lighter whites, I hope this makes sense here is a small image to make you understand:

Hope this helped a bit. Try those studies yourself in a painting. I usually do them or try to decide my color range / value range before i start painting. So make a quick study to understand what do you want to achieve.

(04-08-2015, 09:28 AM)Tsirides Wrote: Hope this helped a bit. Try those studies yourself in a painting. I usually do them or try to decide my color range / value range before i start painting. So make a quick study to understand what do you want to achieve.

Wow! Thanks a lot i really never expected people will help me anywhere this much. :D
And i'll try to buy or somehow get my hands on that book.

(Some value and color range studies coming soon too)

Just a quick lips study. I used reference for this but i can't find link right now. :/

Just a quick bottle study. :D It's not perfect but it was one weird bottle. I kinda told myself i must do these studies of random objects every day. With great parctice comes lot of great drawings.

May The Force be with you all. xD

Indeed, it's a good practice to do studies of objects you may have lying around. Just remember to analyse the forms instead of just copying them. Though you seem to be analysing the forms already, so I'll just say keep at it!

Don't have much time today to do studies and similar stuff so i just let my imagination do something with pancil and paper ^^

Just radom tattoo i'm designing for a friend of mine. ^^

And my 2 best friends in cartoon style. xD

It's good to see that you are following some of the advice people give you. As stated by Stardust, it's easy to often get lost on the copying from life rather than trying to understand how it's drawn. If you understand it, it will add up to your visual library otherwise you will only be able to redraw that if you are watching it. It's hard and frustrating, I myself I find it very difficult but if you keep on practicing everyday you will see that in no time you'll be able to understand and recreate from mind. Keep up the good work!! :D

Hey there Ivy :) Interesting concepts in your sketchbook as well as studies! Really liking the stuff from your imagination, especially those last creature heads. Like you mentioned, great drawings come with great practice, and plenty of practice is something we can all benefit from at any time. :)

I won't repeat what Tsirides and Stardust already mentioned, but perspective and drawing objects from life go hand-in-hand. You definitely seem to realize that, since you studies do have a sense of direction perspective-wise, so perhaps breaking down the object into basic shapes could help you even further with the overall structure of an object. Again, there are many different takes on sketching, and different artists do things in different ways. When it comes of form though, I feel that analytical or constructive drawing can help you tons in that respect: https://drawingseeing.wordpress.com/2011...and-whole/. This is from Francis Ching's Design Drawing, which, although aimed at Architecture students, has plenty of juice to apply to any sort of drawing. :)

Hope it's useful to you in some way! :) Keep it up and hope to see more from you!

Again some really fast sketches escaped my fingers. (Not more then 15-30 minutes)
I'm not a pro when it comes to digital drawing but i think sketching from your imagination is really important skill. It kinda gives you satisfaction to see what can you randomly come up with while observing things from real life. ^^

Next week more studies form irl objects and more. :D

Huh, i had really weird day yesterday so here are some things i did. :D

And i like drawing cute fluffy thing it kinda makes me a bit happy, and since i'm not that much into creepy ugly stuff so i kinda get out my comfort zone and made this monster. xD

Also i had little fun drawing chibis 'cause i ahven't been drawing those for the quite some time. :D

Something I did today 2 things from real life.

Some color and value studies ^^

- this lady creeps me out xD

I really like the dog posted 13.04. :) stay focused and keep doing panda, it's all about mileage!

Force be with you! :)
Hello everyone I've seen some really awesome sketchbooks in here and it gives me motivation to move forward. it's true i haven't posted anything in few days but i was drawing like crazy. ^^

So here are some things (mosty random sketches) i did.

Here i did quick study of little box i found on my desk. Just fast lines more like observing training. Every sketch was done in 2-3 minutes probably less.

Since i really love to draw things form my imagination this is one more thing i really enjoy doing - taking blank sheet and just sketch random characters (i do it trad and digi too).

Hi Panda!

I really like how your not just doing studies but also imagination stuff. Those faces are already looking really cool so i cant wait to see them once you are even more comfortable with the face! Shock