ABANDONED HIDEOUT
What am i talking about? I´ll just post it here, sorry guys.

[Image: shot8b.jpg]
[Image: shot6a.jpg]
Hey Aumes, again I really like your design work. The pieces themselves have a great perspective and the composition works well. I don't know if you consider these finished pieces, but even if not, I think you might want to pay attention to how much detail density there is in the photo textures you use, vs the other elements. Because you haven't really simplified or overpainted to integrate them well enough, everything contrasts with everything else and fights for attention. Just look at the main throne in the first image, you can barely see the characters amongst all that tech. They blend in. You have to provide rest areas for contrast with the detail areas and for the eye to rest.
Again if you are going to use photos, you have to spend more time integrating / simplifying / unifying the whole thing in order to get the image to read as a whole.

I think also that the lighting needs to be thought about in a bit more detail. You have used photos where the light sources conflict with the lighting for the scene. One of the ways to minimize the work involved in integration is to try and pick texture images that are only ambiently lit. The moment you get images with harsh shadows and direct lighting that don't match your scene, a lot more work is needed to get them to fit with overpainting. With ambiently lit photos, it is easy to add different lighting and shadow layers to fit the scene.

You could use lighting and values to separate your key elements a bit more.
If I have time I will do a paintover for you and shove it on here. I like the comp and narrative and design, if feels very Dune like!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Finaly finished some personal piece. I dont feel like i progressed after doing this work. There is something about my art that i really dont like, but i cant actually say what it is:D meh , i believe i just have to stay calm practice a lot more ^^.

(08-06-2015, 06:01 AM)Algitru Wrote: Finaly finished some personal piece. I dont feel like i progressed after doing this work. There is something about my art that i really dont like, but i cant actually say what it is:D meh , i believe i just have to stay calm practice a lot more ^^.

Beautiful colors Algitru. You are heading to an amazing place with your work, just keep practicing.
Thank you Amit, i appreciate your wise feedback. I'll have it in consideration as i repass the scene elements.

Cheers
My pleasure Aumes!

So guys, the thing I have been thinking about and talking about for a while now is gonna be a thing. I'm running an enviro design course/mentorship in the coming months. Check it out here http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6...l#pid86998

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Damn, I'm back from the dead peeps, finally got my laptop. How you guys do! Thx for keeping this place alive all the time, there no words to describe how inspiring it is. Really glad to be online again.

Hey welcome back ihor! good to see ya back on the interwebs :)

welcome back ihor !

a BATMAN :

[Image: keErtWn.jpg]
Good to read from you again Caisne. Sometimes technology is disapointing, but it's only temporary.

Cheers
true dissapointmen man, chat in a procaster app for livestream refuse to work now. Got to work around it somehow

hi guys and girls ! I'm new here. Any chance there is someone here that can critique my poster? Thanks :)
[Image: 11807617_713854968743745_8550327387325064344_o.jpg]
Personal Piece

One more exercise from imagination for this weekend.

quick <2h long movie still study

Personal piece

Hey guys, Im back.. I've been dealing with depression, caused by some shitty health issues, I lost a lot of the drive i had to do anything related to art. I was barely able to gather enough grit to finish school and graduate last month. But, It seems like I'm feeling a little better now, mentally and physically, Future is still uncertain, but, here is some stuff I've been doing very recently.

A couple pet portraits and a study of Indiana Jones for a commission i got.

[Image: 20767417412_34d52d7356_z.jpg]
[Image: 20783810691_70a3dc8a4f_z.jpg]
[Image: 20154250924_652ae5221d_z.jpg]

trying out new tools. Pose from Daz, lightning in Keyshot then photobashing + painting in photoshop.
Actually my first photobash ever.

KEEP KILLIN" IT

Attached Files Image(s)

Today's sketch