echo´s sketchbook
I quite love the way you shade. Very... comic book-y? I don't know. I just love it. Great job, echo :)

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
@wasgodx - Thank you! I admit that I was a bit into comics when I was younger. Some stuff must have stuck i guess. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Sketchin

Some progress on this one, having a hard time with the background/grass tough... I'm trying to figure out how I can make the grass blurry but still look like grass. I tried painting it, and then smudge it but that looked terrible, then I tried with a grass photo-texture, which looked okay I guess, but I was not really pleased, so i ended up doing the whole background green/blurry.. Anyone got some pro tips?  Rolling eyes, funny thought

Hey man, cool SB! :) You got a Chihuahua? Those are awesome little dogs. Sketch to latest WIP painting look good. Sorry, but I have no pro tips with backgrounds 'cause I am no pro. :P Sorry!

I like what I see here. Keep on practicing man, I wanna see mooooore progress!!

BTW, I saw you did the exercise where you take a master painting and use Image–>Adjustments->Threshold to make it into abstract B&W shapes. I'm actually doing some of those myself right now! Do you have any advice on this sort of thing?

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
@Mechanizoid - Hey man, yeah I got a Chihuahua, he´s great! :) Thank you! I don't really have any advice on the image>adjustments<threshold exercise, but by the look of your sketchbook I think you are doing the right thing, keep it up! :)

Update on the dog-painting:

Sketch - speedpaint

sketch

Experimenting, you know.. try and fail :)

some 45 sec poses and some progress of the girl. Will be going away for two weeks on vacation, so I won't be posting anything for a while :)

Had some time for quick troll design sketches before going on vacation :-D

quick update, sketches, experiment with textures and stuff.

Skin/torso study. Warmup sketches  and beginning of a more detailed one.. now of to work :P

Some progress, need to fix the hand and torso before putting on texture for the skin, birthmarks and such... Not really pleased tough, I Gotta study more anatomy... Also it´s difficult to find good reference, anyone knows some good sites for anatomy reference?

Some progress, focusing mostly on skin. Hand and chest still has weird anatomy tough :P Original file has more detail, but I compressed the pic for the forum.

Mostly done traditional sketching lately, but i thought I should do a star wars painting for my younger nephew to give him this christmas. Almost like the one I gave his older brother last christmas of Darth Vader. But this time with Yoda, mirrored :P Just done a quick sketch of it so far based on some thumbnails i did last year, probably will change stuff on the go and i will not use the same technique as last year either:

Darth Vader from last year vs The Yoda sketch:

Your stuff looks good. I really like that yoda drawing of yours. Just look out for your hands. They are really small in some of your work. Keep rocking!