Book of Voodoo
Aww man, love these „simple painting studies“. These colors… soooo vibrant <3
But I really enjoy your sketches as well. Your freehand lines aren’t embarrassing… but if you think they are, that’s a good reason to NOT use a ruler, and get some more practice instead :P

I like your pencil work - it’s a nice mix of confident, quick lines and darker ones for emphasis. Keep it up :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Gliger, ahh Thank you! that one works!

StardustLarva, Thank you! very happy you like the traditional works, its something I' working on improving ^^

Hobbit, Thank you!

smrr, Thank ye!!! ahhh line excersices of course! why didn't I think of it before xD I will do those!
heee Watch_Dogs was a really fun game to play, also I just love the environments and lighting of the game, it has really amazing 3d work :y
Lol! I feel you,  loose paper is so much better xD whenever I draw something I don't like I can just crumble it up or rip it apart and throw it in the garbage! Can't do that with a hardcover sketchbook :P

Lyraina, Thank you very much! yesss I will do line studies instead xD

--
digital study, I used the Surface Pro tablet for this, focusing on volume
[Image: 1_3.jpg]
 digital sketch
[Image: WEB_Voodoo-Mama_SKETCH-1_1.jpg]

pencil studies, and sketches
[Image: 57_1.jpg][Image: 58_1.jpg]
sketch fanart
Arno and random drunken assassin friend from Assassin's Creed Unity
[Image: 59_1.jpg]
Well next week-end I'll be going to Montreal for Comic Con.
I am one of the guest artists  for Ubisoft Assassin's Creed Community corner ^^
I have never been to a convention as an artist, much less a guest artist, so I am curious and excited! :V
Ayyyyyeeeee stahp it with the cool Assassin's Creed sketches, Voodoo o:< !! Makes me wanna be lazy and game all day!
Haha but seriously, those studies in pencil are foine! (Teach me your ways o_o)
Also diggin' the digi-portrait, edges be niceeee
I can't crit ya, stuff just looks good to me.

Oooh, the surface pro huh? Is it user-friendly?

P.s. dang, I wish I had a PC that could handle Watch Dogs... maybe I'll just have to watch some let's plays in like 4K quality haha (who am I kidding my PC can't even handle that xD)

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Dang, I could have sworn I commented on your SB yesterday, hahaha. Your sketches are beautiful! I love your drawings especially, but I feel like some of your paintings are missing something? The colors are vibrant and look great but I think they could use some contrast, and maybe more refinement. Your linework, though, <3. Can't wait to see more.

Pencil drawings looking great !

More awesome pencil stuff? Nice. The digital sketch looks dope aswell.
Do you know of Karl Koplinsky? Hes a great pencil artist, I think you will find him interesting.

Hey voodoo! What's your favorite exercise? I guess, to be more specific: what's a familiar rhythm of drawing that stimulates you no matter how bored, uninspired, or stressed you may be?

Sketchbook 1   -    Sketchbook 2   -   Tumblr
Oh wow I really like your pencil sketches, they're rough but have tons of character with rough lines. Are the people sketches from life or just random pictures? Also glad to see another surface user! I use the surface pro 2 and frankly I haven't used anything else that comes close to it. I'm sure the HD Cintiqs can but its also 2x the price haha.
smrr, loool!!! gaming is tempting tho...wish I had time to play too ..
Thank you very much! very happy you like the pencils

Yes, the Surface Pro is really nice. It's actually a windows computer on tablet form so yep, it is user friendly if you know how to use a PC xD
Since it's just like a PC I was able to install my copy of Photoshop on it, but there are painting apps that you can download if you prefer (stuff like Sketchbook Pro for example) or you can just use the painting app included on the surface called Fresh Paint, it imitates some of the traditional media so some of the brushes look quite nice, though I prefer to use it for sketches not final works...

lol! ye I don't really play games on the PC I've always used the PS4 :P (unless it's The Sims haha!)

ZombieChinchilla, Thank you very much! I will work more on contrasts and refinemet :)

Hobbit, Thank you!

crackedskull, Thank you! no I hadn't heard of that artist, I will look it up tho :B

Jaktrayr, hey! hum..I dunno if it's a rhythm of drawing that you're talking about... but I like to sketch stuff from life, usually people on the subway on my way to and from work. It's nice time spent studying and observing.

Ascent,Thank you very much! The ones I posted are from photos, I like to practice construction methods on photos to see if I can make the figures look 3d even though it's based from a photograph :0. ehh you use a surface as well! I have the SurfacePro 3 , I use it usually for sketching! I have never tried a Cintiq I guess it must be better just for the  bigger screen size. At home I have an intuos 3, so  far it's been really good, so I haven't thought of getting the Cintiq yet. 

--

Well I am back from Montreal Comic Con. It was really fun! I really enjoyed being a guest artist for the Assassin's Creed Community Corner :B And I got a chance to play the demo for the new Assassin's Creed game (Syndicate) looks amazing! *0*
For everybody that got one of my tiny Arno prints I am very grateful! They actually ran out of my prints on Saturday afternoon, I wanted to get one for myself but it was too late ^^u (They were printed on really nice paper!)

ahh well and now I am back in the real world haha
Only have a few sketches now, I just don't want stuff to pile up
study
[Image: 60_1.jpg]
sketch
[Image: 61_1.jpg]
 simple digital sketches

[Image: landscapesketch-1.jpg]
a sketch
[Image: 64_1.jpg]

works in progress, trying to cartoonify Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed. Still went with a painterly style though...
also been trying to push the lighting and values of my pieces overall
[Image: Ezio_II-1.jpg]
[Image: Ezio_I-1.jpg]
landscapessssketchesss
initial blocking
[Image: sketches-1.jpg]
worked abit more on the sketches, changed some of them too.
For the next ones I'll try to push composition and shapes, maybe do some architecture as well...this ones are pretty straightforward..
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_sketchesI.png]
I'm really liking your landscape thumbs! The colors are very vibrant, are they from reference? I also like your sketch of the AC character, I'm also struggling with the difficulties of wanting a more cartoony style while also having it be painterly. The struggle! Can't wait to see more stuff.

Ah! Ezioooooooooooooooooooo! <3 <3 In love!
I dig that you switched it up a bit and went for a cartoony approach but rendered it painterly.

Ooooh, y'know... these landscape sketches, they're dope. It's something about the colours, you got them lookin' real good o_o! I've been putting off landscapes since forever - which is bad especially since I want to become an illustrator haha. Definitely inspired me to do a couple myself.

You make things look easy, Voodoo!

Yay looking forward to what's coming!

P.s. the Surface Pro sounds good then! Though I know what you mean about doing sketches on it as opposed to finished pieces. I've only managed a couple using my cinteech companion, but that's mostly because of neck issues :P

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
very cool work here! looking forward to updates

Hey man, love those pencils:)

You have a good "scribbleness" going on there. That is good. 99.99% people have bad "scribbleness" when they draw with pencils:D

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook
Good stuff. You got the skills. I like the way you light :)
Keep it going!

Cheers
ZombieChinchilla, Thank you! They are from imagination, colors I like to exaggerate, I use reference for lighting for some.  Thank you! it is a struggle xD

smrr, Ezio is the best! ~<3
Thank you! I find landscapes very hard, I think I just need some life drawing practice...
D: ahh it is all a struggle for me
I wish I had a cintiq companion, it looks fun! :B

Timur, Thanks!

Doolio, Thank you! haha I should keep practicing them lines then xD I don't want to fall in the bad scribbleness category :P

Aumes, Thank you very much!

---
Well I didn't post last week like I should have U_U , actually I;ve been busy at work, I don't have much time, so I am trying to time manage better so I can still study to improve... Never give up, Never surrender :P

Here is the cartoon Ezio, final
[Image: AC_Voodoo-Mama_CartoonEzio.png]
somesketches and stuffs
Wang Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors
[Image: 66_1.jpg]
[Image: 67_1.jpg]
[Image: 68_1.jpg]
sketch of Nate sketching :P from Uncharted
Actually this one I would like to paint, just so I can fix that background :/ He also appears to be floating. I should've used reference for it. Lots of issues to fix on this one
[Image: 69_1.jpg]
random pirate sketch
[Image: 65_1.jpg]
more practice, gotta fight harder
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_sketchesII.png]

These are some mattepaintings I did for Reign season 2, Photoshop and Nuke
add snow
[Image: REIGN2_mattepainting3.jpg]
day to night
[Image: REIGN2_mattepainting.jpg]
add dead people
[Image: REIGN2_mattepainting2.jpg]

a work in progress
Evie Frye from the upcoming Assassin's Creed Syndicate game
She seems like a pretty cool character!
[Image: AC-EvieFrye-4.jpg]

I;ve noticed I have to work more on perspective and proportions, next ones have to be better *_*
A lot of cool stuff the last  painting maybe change the background to something lighter, because dark coat on dark is not the best combo, Keep up the good work!

Evie WIP is looking cool… very nicely control of saturation of values. Curious where you’ll take this one.

Your enviros could use some more color variation - always think about where light is hitting and where it is bouncing off, coloring the shadows (warm, in those cases), and where that’s not the case - giving you a nice opportunity to play up some cooler tones for contrast. I’ve seen you do that in your character work though so you just gotta apply that to the enviros too :)

As always, great sketches!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Nice sketchbook! I'm really digging the sketches and paint-overs of the same drawings. The general style is working really great as well, very fond of the sketch in post #31. Reminds me a lot of the Final Fantasy Online concept art.

I agree with Chinchilla on the contrast in your paintings. While it may somewhat be a personal choice, there are some areas in these that could do with that extra bump of contrast. Some of the proportional issues you mentioned seem to really be in the legs, and the elongation of those proportions in specific. Everything else above the waist seems to be working pretty well for the general look and feeling you're work has in it.

Really looking forward to seeing where that WIP is going, also. It's looking great so far. :]

Hobbit, Thank you! ye I think you're right so I lightened the background  ^^
Lyraina, Thank you! I will work more on the colors for the environmentst then, thanks :)

Archreux, Thank you! ohhh I see lol I have never played that game but I'll look it up to see xD Thank you! I will work more on the contrasts and legs ^^

--
ah here are some sketches
random stuff
[Image: 70_1.jpg]
Sima Zhao from Dynasty Warriors
[Image: 72_1.jpg]
[Image: 71_1.jpg]
landscapes
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_sketchesV.png]

the final Evie Frye from Assassin's Creed
[Image: AC_Voodoo-Mama_EvieFrye.png]

and some gouache studies