Composition-A-Day sketchbook
day 2, I tried to add challenging stuff to the still lifes, all it taught me was that I need to work on perspective more  Sad

Zearthus  I like your latest studies, simple shapes but dynamic compositions, I need to do more of that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Zearthus, for the post you asked what we see - I mostly see landscapes. Tree on hill (1-3), castle/archway on hill (4,7), path/train tracks leading to mountains (6), not sure about 5 - train tracks closeup top view? Looking at torii closeup while drunk? ;)Wait, don’t go analyzing my psyche now…
Was this what you meant?

Don't want to do all the medium shots only so tried to recreate a "landscape" with boxes. It is still very hard for me to find a good composition without holding the viewfinder in front of my face/the objects. My copic is dying ;_;

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
1 focal point building in the background. 2 focal point bottle.

The garden is full of busy bees, tiny wild strawberries and stupid ellipses.
Aim: make nice composition from manmade and natural shapes.
Struggle: Simplifying vegetation - something like roses may look lovely, and make a nice composition, but if trying to draw them it’s hard to not make it look like a complete mess.
What did I learn: Summer clothes conveniently allow for bra to be used as pencil holder.

Day 10
Imagination basic comp practice
[Image: comp_00_by_zearthus-d8zkf7i.jpg]
day3, have to be not that stiff with these

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok will slowly start to add composition from imagination using abstract shapes.
The goal of the top one was to lead the eye into the tallest building some of the elements were modified and moved to try  to do it .

Watching the difference  between darks and lights in the same compo.

This is so much harder from life/in trad medium than just playing around in PS 0_0

Day 11
[Image: 0_1_by_zearthus-d8zplw6.jpg]
From imagination

33°C in shadow... regardless, these are bushes of lavender, no burning shrubs (yet).

From observation

...Maybe I should start using a view finder too. I just try to eye-ball from what-ever is around me, since I keep doing them at mid night before sleep.... work got the better of me for a week, and it's not getting better. So I'll have to get better at working beyond work. Resuming, and should probably get that composition book back to read it. 

Focus.
From imagination

Was creating composition for different things hence no post, back to business..

---

Day 10

[Image: 7_7_2015_by_zearthus-d90cjip.jpg]