Rotten's Pocket
Cool design work on the fungus dude RP :).

Nice figure studies too - the lighting looks good. One thing you could try is maybe looking out for some reflected light and core shadows - not sure if these were visible during the session? Some artists cheat and stick in some invented core shadows because core shadows look cool :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks man.

Yeah with the life drawing right off the bat I tried to sketch without line following the shadows only, but switched to line halfway throughbecause the spotlighting in the warehouse cast shadows across her from both directions, so I had to kind of ignore one or else she looked a bit like a geometric puzzle.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
That guy must be a fun guy to be around, lol :P Looks awesome!

Focus.
Update: 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Your work looks fantastic. You've really come a long way. Your stuff now has really dynamic shading and whatnot. I'd say if you're having trouble with faces, try drawing your own in a mirror. That can help! Although I kinda like the truffle King's face. He looks austere and all knowing.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
The shroom man looks gorgeous! Long time no updates from you, looking forward to see some new artworks. As for the last lady, the leg length from hip to knee looks a bit short, otherwise great work

Hey guys. I'm still kickin', just overwhelmed at the mo. Gone through two new managers at work. One coworker. The two new ones are veeeery green. Need to find a flatmate or else will have to move because of high rent and lease renewal coming up. 

Hence, not much opportunity to make new things, so just vamped up an old sketch -

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

*cthuluhululululu would eat your managers, coworkers and flatmates souls.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
cthulu bewbsz

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
WIP for a secret Santa gift in an art group. 

I've been working mostly on graphic design for my new job, and working with an IT co. for our new website so haven't drawn often. I like how I can not do anything for ages then just dive in. I've turned down a lot of illustration tasks I had set up with people, including a couple of publishers. Thankfully before locking down payment for anything and being obligated to complete them. I realise I just don't like making anything for others, would rather let my own work speak for itself.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Chipping away before work. Phoenix turned into a storm birb

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

WIP

Pushing things more and more with traditional media and making minor edits in PS before digital painting over it. A lot easier for me to control the outcome while being really intuitive, spontaneous in textures. Faster too, rather than fighting to make digital paint look traditional, and as I learn more about materials the more efficient I feel I've gotten. 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Breddi guD

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Holy crap, that storm bird is awesome! I...would not have the patience for the amount of detail you've put into that, especially in pencil
@Fedo, Thinx Brud  Stupid

@Daniel, Most of it was actually acrylic paint, which I went over with matte medium and drew over it. Matte medium really makes any surface workable with pencil and I laid the white paint in thick creating a raised affect which guided a lot of the texture. I'm having fun with it, whereas it used to be agonising to add so much detail. It's a lot faster now too. Good for someone like me with no spare time. 

Anywho, wanted to move on from this one after sitting on it for a week so I rushed a finish and called it...

Find the weenis.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

I'm hoping This is the last version I'll need to do for a project. Anywho, far less layers than I thought I'd be doing. Will need a bit more detail before transferring to PS. ALso hi.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Love the design aesthetic and moody atmosphere in these! Also, the texture and attention to detail are fabulous, the storm birb is looking especially yum. I think if these had the full range of values to describe the forms in perspective, they could feel more real. But it could just be a limitation of the medium. Value studies from statues, Bargues, or well-lit photos/life are great practice for that area. Can't wait to see what's next

I like your storm bird, especially those feather details. The scaly skin texture in post 175 is really nice. Keep it up!

Symbols often creep up on me with no warning and I'm left staring at my own work wondering what brought it on. These days I only free draw as my professional life pretty much consumes me. Lately I've thought about my ego and where it exists between my own identity and that of my job. The answer I've come to is it doesn't. I'm a giving type, and I give my all, to the point I guess that I'm giving from an empty cup. I'm starved of ego, and the id starved with it. The ideal self is disproportionately in control. 

In short, I need a holiday.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey RP - where have you been?

Sounds like you need some downtime - I hope you get some.

Welcome back :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook