Grinding
Two minute gestures, this time with a little anatomy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Today was a little rough...

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey good work, I'm definitely seeing improvements - your faces have improved loads already.

Keep it up!

Thank you Lurch.

Attached Files Image(s)

On to the next month.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Inktober tiny comic.

Attached Files Image(s)

sleepy...

Attached Files Image(s)

hey man! good to see you carrying on with the comics. I like the one in post #65, the pacing is nice. Be careful about 'crossing the line' and breaking the 180 degree rule. I'm not sure if you did... I started to do a paintover with some notes but think you got away with it since your shots from in front / behind shoot right down the line. I'll post what I did anyway, in case the notes at the start are useful. Here: http://i.imgur.com/A2gC9pF.jpg (I'm trying to get my head around this stuff too, so apologies if it's confusing).

Your inktober comic is cool too, except after day 24 I kind of lost the story and couldn't follow it. Maybe needed some speech bubbles to let readers know what is happening. I like the oppressive feel, like something from 1984.

Heads are looking good, but you seem to end up with a really huge cranial mass, makes the head look really too wide. Try stretching out your thirds a bit, the chin should really extend a good way below the bottom of the circle. Keep going man!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
(11-03-2015, 09:05 PM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: hey man! good to see you carrying on with the comics. I like the one in post #65, the pacing is nice. Be careful about 'crossing the line' and breaking the 180 degree rule. I'm not sure if you did... I started to do a paintover with some notes but think you got away with it since your shots from in front / behind shoot right down the line. I'll post what I did anyway, in case the notes at the start are useful. Here: http://i.imgur.com/A2gC9pF.jpg (I'm trying to get my head around this stuff too, so apologies if it's confusing).

Your inktober comic is cool too, except after day 24 I kind of lost the story and couldn't follow it. Maybe needed some speech bubbles to let readers know what is happening. I like the oppressive feel, like something from 1984.

Heads are looking good, but you seem to end up with a really huge cranial mass, makes the head look really too wide. Try stretching out your thirds a bit, the chin should really extend a good way below the bottom of the circle. Keep going man!

Wow! Thanks for the critiques! Yeah, the inktober comic stopped making any sense after a while. I plan on making a series of short comics next year and I would like to revamp it, or maybe use elements of it in something new?

Anyway, I wished I had read this post before I went M.I.A. Because I went and did some head studies and well...

Attached Files Image(s)

Some hands and drawings focused on fingers.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some feet...Will post more later.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd suggest starting to familiarise yourself with the skull. That method you're doing with the ball and the cross has some drawbacks, although it's a great place to start. Getting to know the skull better, and the interlocking pieces that make it up will give you another point of reference to see if your heads are on track or not. Skull Sketcher is a free 3D tool with a skull you can rotate all around. Good luck! Hands and feet looking good ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thanks JyonnyNovice! Up until now I was just looking at photos but this should be of more use to me.

So, right now I'm focusing on toes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some sketches of figures straight from my head.

Toes...

From yesterday...

Today

Welp good night everyone. better stuff tomorrow.
Today was much better!

Great job with all this figure practice. I think you should do these as a warm up and then do one longer drawing and take it as far as you can. Doing quick drawings is good but you want to build up your ability to spend longer and longer amounts of time on drawings. I used to spend 10 minutes on a drawing and not know what else to do so I'd call it done. Now after building up my patience and developing a more complex process I can easily spend hours on a drawing. Try to spend like 20 minutes and build the drawing up in stages. Start with gesture and construction/perspective. Then add anatomy and values. A good way of thinking about it is to spend about 5 minutes on each stage. Dont rush through any of the stages. Take your time and concentrate on what you're doing.

Okay, I am going to just dump some of the stuff that I did over the two months.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good night!

How about some fan art of Red from Transistor?  

The process?