Monkeybread's Dribblings
Day 004

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Day005 and 006

There's always something so endearing about a graphic black and white sketch. Reminds me of old Escher carvings. I think if you cleaned them up even more past the sketch stage and threw in solid hatching all around they'd look bomb city.

Thanks mate....this is part of the 100 day project. Basically I signed up to do one of these every day x100. That's why they are just loose sketches. After I do the hundred I may choose to render up a few choice ones...franklin booth style...ie frikkin insane ink work. Haven't done much in the last week...just taking an art break, but hopefully will be up and running soon with some new fresh beats

Ive gotta agree with mr frenik dude, these black and white sketches are awesome. they seem to have alot of energy about them and beautiful use of marks. If you don't mind me asking what areas are you working to improve by doing them?

and yeah, franklin booth is a beast. It's funny that even with all our technology and advances in modern civilisation, people hundreds of years ago who had none of what we have now were kickin our asses with artistic skills lol.

Thanks Warburton! I've been slacking on those recently. I'm so far behind my 1 a day goal haha but at least it is due to having other major projects on. Anyways I guess I'm trying to improve (or at least maintain) my sketching skills. I don't do as many pencil or real ink thingies that I used to and I don't want to lose that. Sketching to the side of the surface you are drawing on like with a regular wacom will never be as natural....just can't get the same range of motion and control. These sketches are all done on a Galaxy 10.1 tablet that has a wacom digitizer pen so it is pressure sensitive and I get the benefits of undos and being direct to digital rather than scanning.

I also want to get better at hatching period. Much of what I admire about inking seems to be the hatching techniques of the various artists, so that is definitely something I want to pay attention to. I've got a short comic I'm planning to do within the year, so this really is practice for that too.
Really gonna have to get my ass into gear again with these...thanks for reminding me and dropping by! ;)

These last 100 days challenge works look a lot like prints, I like it a lot!

Things...after a while

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27551]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27552]

And sneak peak on some early in development Heathen shit

1hr speedy
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27918]

Some interesting designs going on, man! Keep it up!

Thanks MrFrenik...I really struggle at design, especially characters, much more work needeed :/

team meeting doodles...

Just noticed that Snoop Dog was in your earlier post. If you center your sci-fi world around gangsta rappers that would be hilariously perfect.

Having so much trouble finishing anything lately...issues! Need to pull finger out.
A scrawlin

Awesome work mate! gonna be the 100th person to say this but I love the colours you use in all your work, and a lot of your designs are looking very nice. Keep it up :)
those colours at the waterfall are so nice! why does that happen is it scattering?

Thanks guys. Yeah it's refraction of the light through the water droplets...like rainbows...and my little ponies

also i think some work on the composition is necessary, but im sure u got that :)

(07-30-2013, 07:16 AM)YOLOLEX Wrote: also i think some work on the composition is necessary, but im sure u got that :)
Totally right man. I was real lax on thinking about composition while doing this. Thinking about composition and actually applying it are two very different things hehe. I knew as soon as I posted what to do with it to make it better lol. I think I might actually do that for once.

Pastafazoulian Swamps of the JingoJingoBah System

The Indignant Buttes of Getty Upsilon Major