Raise the Steaks!
Alright, here are my first sketches from today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, dude, welcome to the forums! Nice stuff here so far, keep 'em coming.

Hey! welcome to the crimson daggers :) Would love to see more work. It looks great so far!
Thanks you two! 
Today I've watched an Aaron Blaise tutorial on drawing eyes and I did a few more poses from pose space.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey there welcome to CD! Love those expressions you did on those faces. So expressive *.* Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff

Nice start dude, welcome to daggers.
I really like your cartoony stuff.
One thing I noticed is that you might want to exaggerate your gestures more, if you look at the first one the torso is a bit stiff and it's not pushed back as far as it is in the ref.
Hope that helps, :).

Thanks guys!
@Triggerpigking totally! I did another version. 

Today has been just two poses and some more Aaron Blaise practice.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice lines my brotha! Would love to see some color or shading on these try to get outta that comfort zone!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Cool stuff so far, however I'm looking forward to see sth more complex. I would recommend Michael Hampton's book for gesture drawing and anatomy, if you are interested in practising it. I see that you are doing more cartoon/animation stuff, are you aiming for that branch?

@Fedodika thanks you! Yes, totally! Hope I can do some shading today. 

@IceRider thanks too! Ha, yes. I wanna slowly ramp it up and make sure I get the shapes right first. But probably you are right. I'll try to throw in some more detailled stuff once I'm through with my Aaron Blaise workshop. 
The style I'm aiming for is actually quite a mix of realistic and cartoony. I'm trying to learn the tricks from the big animation studios so I can build them into my normal drawings. I'd really love if my work by the end of this year looks like the stuff mr. Jack is doing where you got these exaggerated characters in a nice painterly rendered way. 

So here are some bits from yesterday. I was already really tired because I came back from London pretty late but here you go. As promised I'll bring in a bit more shading and coloring soon!

Attached Files Image(s)

Great start to your sketchbook, gregorkari! I'm loving the full-body male character in your most recent post; there's so much personality behind it.

Not so much as a crit, but as more of a comment: it'd be awesome to see you exaggerate the female body as much as you do the male.

That cartoony style with painterly rendering is always a great style to aim for. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your characters rendered in the future :)
Thanks Chubbycat! 
that's a good idea - I've tried to exaggerate one of the poses (the one I've drawn 3 times) but I'll see If I can drive it any further in my next drawings. 

Ok, quickly now, it's 3am over here and I gotta go to sleep. Here's a pile of things I've done over the last couple of days. Drawing some heads, continuing with the Aaron Blaise course and finally starting some value painting.

Attached Files Image(s)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm juicyy......................
You character stuff is absolutely beautiful!! I especially like the Aaron Blaise stuff you are doing. Thats a thing I want to get into as well. How did you start with this, especially the heads? Did you start learning basic anatomy and head construction a la loomis and then transitioned into the more disney-esque stylized stuff? Currently I'm wondering what the best way to get into the stylized stuff is and how to practice the most effective, any thoughts?

Anyway, great great stuff, keep it up!!

hmmm hmm your stuff reminds me of a local legend Rafa Zanchetin!

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4...anger+zone

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
@AngeliquevdMee mmmmmmmmmmmm thanks!

@miracoly, thanks a lot! I think I'm just grabbing one artist for a couple of days or so and study his work. I try to find out what makes it look cool. When I got stuck or I feel like I've squeezed out everything I can get for the moment I move on to the next one.  Yeah, I think Loomis is a great starting point! 

@Fedodika, ooh yess! I know that guy, he's amazing! 

Today I was pretty tired actually. Hope I get more done tomorrow. Maybe some painting again. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome work Gregor! I love how fluid and natural looking your poses are, keep it going mate :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Awesome work Gregor! I love how fluid and natural looking your poses are, keep it going mate :).

Great stuff. You're obviously very talented Gregor.

Great stuff! The expressions are very strong! Do you draw these from your imagination or use reference?
Anyways, love it so far :)

Those faces are yummie *.* Its great to see you working hard! That pushed me to do the same! Thank you for that