Sketch Goulash!
Yooooo! Welcome back dude! Cool sketches, glad to see you back on the update train ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Your sketches are looking real good. Pretty decent indicators of what you're capable of, it'd be great to see some finished pieces start to end.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
@JyonnyNovice: Thanks man! great to see you still here as well! Checked out your sketchbook the other day, cool to see how much you've grown! :D
@RottenPocket: Thanks! you're sketches are pretty badass also! I'm intending on working on my rendering process soon. I feel like a lot of my stuff has that unfinished quality I need to work past.

Shala Tell Ashara - Part of the DnD series I've been doing.
[Image: 28625073426_ac50611514_b.jpg]

That creature drawing with the mouth on his body is looking fuckin sweet. You should polish that baby up. I just recently been able to figure out a good finishing work flow. I notice that about your work as well. You have cool sketches and you work them up to a degree but you could push them a lot further. I recommend this guys approach.

http://texahol.blogspot.ca/2013/05/some-...about.html

Hes got a gumroad too for $3. I got a lot out of it, anyways. It basically teaches you a process that can be streamlined for all the approval stages of a production.

@Adam Lina; Thanks dood! I remember Texahol! :D Thanks for the post! I'll check it out!
*edit* yeah! sweet! marko djurdjevic works very similarly. I've always found the multiply layer as a little unwieldy because you're not conscious as to the numeric value, but guess its all relative to what you're throwing down anyway. -All a matter of what result you arrive at, right? ;P

Reviving the Daily Study thread again if anyone's up for dailies! 

rendered an old sketch to work out some ideas. I think a lot of the hang up is I've spent a lot of time digesting other people's process and not truly developed my own approach; specifically to value passes. I still have issues with what falls in light vs what's in shadow on a form. I know light rays travel parallel to the source onto and object, its getting the hierarchy of bounce light, value material zones, secondary sources, and ambient occlusion that tend to have me make quite a cluster fuck.
-more studies I suppose...

Daily Study 7.31.16
[Image: 28567781062_00ea77d74f_c.jpg]

Karst-mage
[Image: 28058570153_406653fa6c_c.jpg]

Nice figures and tone studies.

Also that Karst mage is great. I love the color and the movement. Also, I love that it's a panel for a comic.

@ rootdraws - Thanks! C:

I did a short animation-thing for practice; its not posting for some reason, I'm pretty new to using gifs, but maybe its the size? *fixed* :\
here is is if you wanna take a look:  
[Image: Iliuqql.gif]

pretty down and dirty, but more fun than just doing gestures. I'll get better at them. ^^

[Image: BqtNXXT.gif]

awesome dude ^^ I've been studying animation recently too ( http://i.imgur.com/5OWD48l.gifv ) <--- (those are 30ish sec gestures stopping and starting a youtube video, it was a good exercise)

I'm following the 'animator's survival kit', it's really awesome to read if you haven't seen it already.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
@JonnyNovice: Sweet! Yeah. I've got that one here too. I've been wanting to take a look at the timing part of it, but restraining myself to keep focused on the other issues I'm sorting out with my figures.

...so many things to work on. Kind of paralyzing. I feel like I'm working too slow. probably will switch over to doing times reps. Focusing on trying to dial figures into their proper space in perspective. Having trouble gauging depth of the same size in perspective. Want to make a note to retouch quicker anatomy dial-ins. Figure reps are definitely helping with foreshortening issues. Need to keep the same single line forms, fingering around in the dark for the right line is muddling my scene. ;|
fucking knees...I'll need to do a study on that joint

[Image: 28222833533_4400379934_b.jpg]

[Image: 28733077552_05cbd525d7_b.jpg]

[Image: 28761775731_28b5a291f8_c.jpg]

[Image: 28157116994_642ffc139d_b.jpg]

just a study tonight.
[Image: 28269179003_7c929555fb_c.jpg]

Quick one tonight; my gpu fried on my desktop...good thing this isn't' the first time. ;_;
Hopefully I'll can pull the stuff off of it from the last couple weeks soon.

[Image: 28981341966_3488097967_c.jpg]

macro-crustacean shepherding would be a risky business...

I read this the other day.

"It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure."

Hope you're still going with this whole art journey. Quite a pleasure to look at your drawings/stuff.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Those anamation practises you did are really something else! Love em! I always wanted to get a bit into animating myself but I'm still a bit to intimidated by it.

Just one sketch takes me forever somtimes how am I gonna do 5000 for a minute of screen time haha.

Cool stuff! Hopefully we'll see some finished work soon too :D
@Jonas; <3 ..."The Alchemist"?
@Brian; yeah definitely, thanks man!
@Zip; Yeah! its waaaay more fun than just doing gestures. Been trying to focus on forms, so doing form turns and objects moving really boosts that visual-intellegence. -yeah, I hear you. "Finished" work has been something I've really had an issue with. A big part of it is not fully understanding light and shadow from imagination (where to place the terinator with different light sources, strength, relative distances, color/ shadow mixing) Its becomes overwelming. The other part is not having a comfortable work flow I think I'm slowly evoliing into. Its also the way I put down lines to make exploratory lines as oppose to solid forms. It all stems from a lack on knowledge, millage. So! more.

tightening up another older one:
[Image: 29136202376_af77f62c72_h.jpg]

...a little busy, buuut;

[Image: 29241078556_5dc7c46934_b.jpg]

took too long on this. still needs some fixin' here and there. *walks around house making robot noises the rest of the day*
[Image: 29225668931_32ffb8b7a1_b.jpg]

Hey man! Just went through your whole book! really nice work!!

Lots of improvement on the last page, especially! :D

Can't wait to see more!