Ardi's sketchbook
Hi I'm new here, I suck at art but I want to become better and so I try to upload everyday something new in here :)

[Image: nZXPtvV.png]

[Image: WVBrIOX.jpg]

[Image: epzBdv7.jpg]

[Image: SUkABM5.jpg]
Nice start here Ardian, the apple study looks good to me and I think it's good how you're thinking of 3D form with your character sketches.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out Proko's YouTube channel for figure drawing - awesome quality content for free!

Keep it going :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(02-02-2017, 10:26 PM)Artloader Wrote: Nice start here Ardian, the apple study looks good to me and I think it's good how you're thinking of 3D form with your character sketches.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out Proko's YouTube channel for figure drawing - awesome quality content for free!

Keep it going :).

I'm somewaht critical with my aplle studies (but who isn't with their own work xD). I should have payed more attention on the lighting and form in retrospect. But I know what I have to work on now.

I watched some of Proko's videos, there are some really helpful informations in there. :)
Got really frustrated with the face, so I gotta practice the head and the face way more in the next couple of days XD

[Image: XWH64i3.png]
didn't have a lot of time today, but I did a fast dirty study of some skulls
gonna try to post more tomorrow

[Image: 2wuQ1bC.jpg]
Heyy there! Welcome to CD! Love those apples and the arm of your painting :) But maybe pay a bit more attention to your brushstrokes they are very small and all over the place at the moment. Try to make them bigger and wrap around the from. And now kick some buutttt!

(02-04-2017, 02:46 PM)NoodleInBox Wrote: Heyy there! Welcome to CD! Love those apples and the arm of your painting :) But maybe pay a bit more attention to your brushstrokes they are very small and all over the place at the moment. Try to make them bigger and wrap around the from. And now kick some buutttt!

Thanks, appreciate your advice. I try focus more in big strokes and the form :)
did a study for the face and used color for the first time, damn did I fail hard and some of the proportions got fucked up too xD

[Image: VL2kOoH.png]
Hey welcome to daggers man, make sure to post your ref with studies like that it'll make it easier for us to critique.
One thing I noticed about a few of your paintings so far is that you seem to be jumping straight into full blacks, you want to start painting in midtone's and gradually build up the highlights and dark's rather then just jumping straight in and creating a whole ton of contrast.
Another little trick I can recommend is to always use a grey mid tone for the canvas, never use pure white, it'll mess with your judging of the values in the piece and it's also just bad for your eyes in general.

Hope this helps, keep it up dude!.

(02-05-2017, 07:31 PM)Triggerpigking Wrote: Hey welcome to daggers man, make sure to post your ref with studies like that it'll make it easier for us to critique.
One thing I noticed about a few of your paintings so far is that you seem to be jumping straight into full blacks, you want to start painting in midtone's and gradually build up the highlights and dark's rather then just jumping straight in and creating a whole ton of contrast.
Another little trick I can recommend is to always use a grey mid tone for the canvas, never use pure white, it'll mess with your judging of the values in the piece and it's also just bad for your eyes in general.

Hope this helps, keep it up dude!.

Yo! thanks dude, it did help a lot. Tried to use it on my next study and it went better then normal^^

On this study I was only focusing on the face.
Oh yeah, seems like I can't post as frequent as I want to in the next couple of days since I have to prepare for finals. But in a week I should be able to post everyday again^^

[Image: lBtw4Tw.jpg]
Yo I'm back :)

Here some studies

[Image: 0IjwgJU.jpg]

[Image: gK4GUKW.jpg]
The values on your new study look good. I'd say the main problem I see in it is the proportions. From what I've seen from your previous posts, the proportions of the face are giving you trouble. I'd suggest getting more comfortable with drawing the face/head. Doing multiple Loomis or Photostudies a day but keeping it the drawing will help.

Don't forget to apply what your learning. It appears you're only doing studies, which will probably do more harm than good in the long run.

I would love feedback on my Sketchbook
Agree with KvSketch, trust me it's really bad to go long periods without imagination work, it can kill your creativity and it pretty much makes studying your comfort zone, plus if you're not applying the knowledge you learn from studying it becomes less likely to stick with you.
For me I've been trying to spend equal amounts of time studying and working from imagination now, but some people do more or less.

@kvSketch Thanks and yeah my anatomy skills have to improve a lot, been doing some Loomis studys
@Triggerpigking and kvSketch Already heard that from the old Dave and Dan streams, and other artists. I try do do my own stuff, just haven't posted any of it yet, but I'm going to post more of that too. Thanks for the advice.

forgot to post stuff, but here is some of the stuff I did today xD

[Image: zIc5mCS.jpg]

[Image: aIYpvhQ.jpg]
forgot to post stuff, here smething quick. The face in the middle is a quick sinix study and the garbage around it is from me.

[Image: PBRFy2T.jpg]
dumping stuff.
I need to upload more frequently xD
I'm gonna poste in a few hours again something new, I guess.

[Image: v0C1tWs.jpg]

[Image: zjYS1z2.jpg]

[Image: QXuwyZu.jpg]

[Image: OdQOl3q.jpg]

[Image: kmkCS9p.jpg]
Keep those head studies going, you are improving, focus on them and then move to the next subject

Agree with Alexdanila keep it coming dude!.
I'd also suggest maybe drawing 3d cubes from ref, either make one or use a program like Blender(all you need to do there is learn how to move the camera since the default object is a cube), since everything can be built out of cubes learning how to draw them better will help a lot and help your understanding of drawing in 3d in general.

Good luck!.

@alexdanial I feel hardly any improvemant recently, but thanks I will keep on drawing and change things up to keep it fresh. I also try to fill at least one page at the end of the day with some heads and faces from my imagination.

@Triggerpigking Thank you! I will try to make some more shape studies

Here are some warm up studies
[Image: QkM8ttd.jpg]
[Image: z6J8a8K.jpg]

And I recently am playing with this box-people to figure proportions and stuff like that out

[Image: m9ksR3y.jpg]
[Image: 9kLlCMq.jpg]
[Image: 7Zhhblw.jpg]

probably gonna go and read up color theory, 'cause I faild pretty hard here xD

[Image: ocFUSOp.jpg]

[Image: nVQjrZD.jpg]

[Image: 5Byb2yh.jpg]