Hello everyone.
Hello everyone.
I'm not very good at introducing myself, but I'll try :)
I'm Joanna from Germany and I joined this forum a couple years ago but life got in my way and I couldn't really participate and post a lot of stuff. I also struggle with mental health problems.

I love to draw since I can remember. After finishing my graphic design degree (which was completely pointless btw, because I learned nothing), I decided to become a self-taught illustrator. I developed an obsession with skill improvement and I'm eager to see where my art journey will take me. 

I joined this forum to take part in this community, take feedback and to make friends :) I struggle with motivation a lot and I also need your critique to improve as fast as I can. I hope to learn a lot from you.

Sorry for the short introduction, I'm not very chatty. See you around!

Cheers.

~Rainwater
Most people end up in your situation when they seek art they fall into the graphic design trap.Make sure you post your study not just finish project.Start a sketchbook thread an introduction is nothing without content nothing happen if there is no content to give feed back on.I wish you good luck in the pursue of your goal.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Aye there Joanna Rainwater! Welcome back to Crimson Daggers :).

Yeah motivation can be an elusive thing, I keep trying different tricks for this and it has ranged from sheer force of will to doing it purely for fun and inbetween. At the moment I think it is a combination of both. Setting up a routine also helps - not just for art but for life in general. Anyway before I start sounding like a self-help freak, I will wish you God speed and I look forward to sharing in your art journey :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(09-29-2018, 07:54 PM)darktiste Wrote: Most people end up in your situation when they seek art they fall into the graphic design trap.Make sure you post your study not just finish project.Start a sketchbook thread an introduction is nothing without content nothing happen if there is no content to give feed back on.I wish you good luck in the pursue of your goal.

Thank you.
Done :) 

(09-29-2018, 09:01 PM)Artloader Wrote: Aye there Joanna Rainwater! Welcome back to Crimson Daggers :).

Yeah motivation can be an elusive thing, I keep trying different tricks for this and it has ranged from sheer force of will to doing it purely for fun and inbetween.  At the moment I think it is a combination of both. Setting up a routine also helps - not just for art but for life in general. Anyway before I start sounding like a self-help freak, I will wish you God speed and I look forward to sharing in your art journey :).

Thank you!
Yeah, lack of motivation is one of my greatest obstacles. I know that habits are much more important, but with all the chaos and up and downs going on in my life, it's difficult to maintain one :/ 
Nah, you don't sound like a self-help freak :) I'm thankful for all the advice I can get.