Wladimir's sketchbook -C&C appreciated!
oooh lots of progress in here! <3
Beware of the head sizes in comparison to the bodies, and keep doing this head sheets. This are amazing!

Definitely keep up those structure studies! I gotta get going on them as well.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Im liking some of those skulls, keep it up.

Hey thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. I see you working hard on heads and figures. One thing that really helps with heads is to not focus on the details too early. Focus on the major plain changes and simplify them down. Dont worry about copying little bumps. Memorize the most basic boxy forms until you can draw them accurately from imagination. After you take the time to lay in a careful construction of the head the details will fall into place easily. I did a page of simple asaro heads and some short hand very simple head constructions using a combination of Loomis, Asaro and Reilly to show you what I mean.

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-22-2015, 08:12 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: oooh lots of progress in here! <3
Beware of the head sizes in comparison to the bodies, and keep doing this head sheets. This are amazing!
Thanks a lot Ursula! :) I'd  be more careful with those, I find it funny how sometimes I miss things like that hahah

(06-22-2015, 09:21 AM)Jonesoda Wrote: Definitely keep up those structure studies! I gotta get going on them as well.
Thanks man! I will!

(06-22-2015, 10:14 PM)crackedskull Wrote: Im liking some of those skulls, keep it up.
Thank you very much!

(06-23-2015, 03:38 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Hey thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. I see you working hard on heads and figures. One thing that really helps with heads is to not focus on the details too early. Focus on the major plain changes and simplify them down. Dont worry about copying little bumps. Memorize the most basic boxy forms until you can draw them accurately from imagination. After you take the time to lay in a careful construction of the head the details will fall into place easily. I did a page of simple asaro heads and some short hand very simple head constructions using a combination of Loomis, Asaro and Reilly to show you what I mean.

It's my pleasure man, and thank you! While reading Hampton and Loomis' books I've been  paying more attention to the change of planes of the head, I definitely get your point. When you go back a few steps and focus on the construction things start falling into the right places.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it, I really appreciate it!

Did some more skulls today
[Image: 22-6-15.jpg]

As well as some more heads[Image: 22-6-15-2..jpg]
I'll probably do a another sheet before calling it a day.

Thanks for passing by and taking the time to comment everyone :)

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiet wla.... these skull studies are on point!

I'm currently doing a bunch of these heads too and jeeeeez you make it look easy xD (it really isn't though, pls help)

Keep at it man, so much improvement already!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(06-23-2015, 11:27 AM)smrr Wrote: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiet wla.... these skull studies are on point!

I'm currently doing a bunch of these heads too and jeeeeez you make it look easy xD (it really isn't though, pls help)

Keep at it man, so much improvement already!

Thaaaanks :D

These heads really help! But seriously, sometimes they come up looking like a potato hahah

Thanks for the encouragement!! I'll keep at it!

Some more shitss, today I felt kinda weird, some heads studies while reading Hamptons book, there are some construction lines and planes that really help the shape of the head.
[Image: 23-6-15.jpg]
Some headss
[Image: 23-6-15-2.jpg]

[Image: 23-6-15-1.jpg]

Also decided to draw myself, it's been a while!

[Image: 6tag_230615-092918.jpg]
[Image: WP_20150623_09_29_44_Raw.jpg]
Ugghhhh brb

A few more before bed!

[Image: 23-6-15-3.jpg]

Alright alright! Looking nice, love the ammount of head sketches.
Something quick, the eyes being on the center of the face (in terms of height) is usually a decent measure, you can change when you are designing of course, but it usually looks nice, remember the back of the head is usually higher than the front too, making it taller.
When drawing the head from below, remember that the chin is generally a round form, which makes it feel bigger from below than you'd think. It's a tricky part to shade.

Take your time, one good head is better than 5 sketchy ones that weren't so well plotted out. Be careful with the foundation lines in the beginning, it will save you later on. Those skull drawing will pay off.
(06-24-2015, 04:13 PM)Gliger Wrote: Alright alright! Looking nice, love the ammount of head sketches.
Something quick, the eyes being on the center of the face (in terms of height) is usually a decent measure, you can change when you are designing of course, but it usually looks nice, remember the back of the head is usually higher than the front too, making it taller.
When drawing the head from below, remember  that the chin is generally a round form, which makes it feel bigger from below than you'd think. It's a tricky part to shade.
Thanks for the tip man!
(06-25-2015, 05:18 AM)BenFlores Wrote: Take your time, one good head is better than 5 sketchy ones that weren't so well plotted out. Be careful with the foundation lines in the beginning, it will save you later on. Those skull drawing will pay off.
Thanks man! Yup, definitely. Some of the sketchy ones are just to reassure some of the things I read on the books, but I keep reducing the quantity and raising the quaility, so I know what you mean.

Here's some Hampton's heads from memory
[Image: 24-6-15-1.jpg]
And some heads I did early today

[Image: 24-6-15-2.jpg]

Gonna start adding figures again, getting tired of the god damn floating heads!

Thank you for taking some time to comment on my sketchbook. : )

Your sketchbook is really rad, man, especially the studies! What I'd like to see more of are some personal pieces. Maybe you could try to apply the knowledge from the studies at the end of every week to make an imagination piece, if you aren't doing that already.  It really works for me - I'm usually more aware of the areas I need to work on when I try to paint something on my own.

Work hard and have fun! _0/

EDIT: Oh, and high-five for Cowboy Bebop/FMA. :'D

Tackling heads! nice! They are a pain in the god damn ass haha.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲