Zizka's Sketchbook
I really admire your dedication, your studies make me want to work hard!

Ah ha, thanks, you humble me. I have a great mentor which I do not want to disappoint so that might play into it.

Wondering about something:
I've been reading that zooming can be a crutch which hinders progress? What's your take on it, do you agree?
(Yesterday, 11:47 PM)Zizka Wrote: I've been reading that zooming can be a crutch which hinders progress? What's your take on it, do you agree?

Absolutely. In my opinion, it can mess with your ability to judge the image as a whole, to see whether the proportions of different elements are correct relative to each other.
I don't think that you should never zoom in, but you might want to do it after you've defined the basic forms of the subject of your drawing and, most importantly, you might want to zoom out regularly to take a look at the whole picture and track your progress.

Gotcha, good to know then.

That's it for today:
[Image: uEQ3kcT.png]

I'm moving to lesson 2 tomorrow, shape. I'm doing Alex Woo's lessons on Schoolism (at the suggestion of Mariyan). I'd like to manage one to two lessons a week (there are eight in total). I'm done with one although my understanding of the line of action could be better as it's only been two days where I've been introduced to this concept.