Sketchbook: Version 1.5
Are you sure it an official take on spider men the eye shape i can't find any spider men which that double triangle pointing up exept one design that as that sharp trinagle shape most of them have a triangle that kind swoop. The one with the sharpest Triangular eye would be the 2012 version you can probably look that one up but it doesn't have the web pattern so for this reason he disqualified in my opinion.

But i suspect if it your son demand he must be about what 10 to 20 years old which mean i suspect he not reading the classic spider men so he probably is more familiar with the 2010 ish spider men it probably the spider men with the black suit which would mean it the 2011 version but with a alternative eye then is should be on that design the closest to this 2011 design is the 2000 but this one as the rounded triangle will your as a more vertical triangle so none seem to respect the ''official design'' so i am really wondering who that master is and if they took any liberty on the design because it make the job of identifying who it could be very hard...

So in conclusion it look like a mixture of design.

So the only question i have that might help narrow it down is the reference in black in white or color and if it in color?
Can you provide the color reference i might be able to help.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Paolo Pantanela. :)
https://pantstudio.com/wp-content/upload...an_500.jpg

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
darktiste - my son is 5 :D

RottenPocket - Thanks so much! Another artist to follow!

Some pages from life drawing today. It was such a challenge, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely need lots more of this.

(04-22-2024, 01:20 AM)Damien Levs Wrote: Some pages from life drawing today. It was such a challenge, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely need lots more of this.

I personally think it ok to draw the full figure on paper when are planning out the composition slowly first but when it come to maintaining proportion when you put many drawing on a page i find that personally if you don't adjust the scale of thing you will miss space on the page so if you try to draw to many thing at the same scale you will bump into other drawing on the page or the frame of the page itself.What useful with drawing at different scale is practice drawing at different scale so use the full page as much as possible i would say.

So here what i suggest if you plan to do a full figure start with a full figure place it around the center and fill the rest with smaller drawing if you want to save on paper. Otherwise you might run in the problem that you will squish the proportion of your figure to fit them in the page and that no buano it bad practice in my book.The problem with that is if you plan on putting value you will want to avoid rubbing the value off so it best to draw from left to right when putting new element on the page the problem is that you now have to deal with the frame of the page so my advise for that is to do stick figure to map out the space you plan to use to see if it realistic to fit the element first before committing.

Critic on the women looking on the side on the image of the last post.

One thing i observe is that you present the lips with a force perspective which suggest to me tha you don't yet understand how it wrap around the mouth cylinder.

The dips of the ''bump'' of the top lips should align with the nose.To see if the lips is done right in perspective the nearest side measuring from the mirror axis should be longer then the furthest side when look at an angle.But it will look wrong when you get the mirror axis off centered like what has happen in your drawing.

Also the spacing between the nose the eye is a tricky one because of how the eye sit inside the socket of the eye.We often draw character from a front view so it feel abnormal to have eye so close together so we tend to space thing out when in reality they almost overlap the more the head turn away from us.

Lately the more the face is facing us the less the distance is between the corner of the eye to that line you drawn going to the ears because the side of the face is relatively flat compare to the front of the cranium which is more aerodynamic.

It kinda hard to critic live drawing because i don't know how much she was really facing away from us it much easier to critic a study from a reference.So i advise you work both way to supplement and get further feedback.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
darktiste - I'm not really planning any composition. I'm not going there to create full finished pieces. I just want the study time. But, you're right, I should be drawing more full figure. I am tending towards trying just the head and face as portraits is my main area of practice right now.

Yeah, I also do need to practice the wrap around of the mouth.

----

Here's a little stylised sketch attempt from imagination last night before bed.

Tonight's study...

Really nice lines and values with the last one.  The styized one kinda reminds me of characters I like to do as well.

Nice work in post #105 too.

Keep 'em coming!