iamorim's sketchbook!
Hello everyone!

I get my tablet recently and here is my first try.

I had some problems to draw people like I had fear or something so last year I decided to face it.
I'm drawing in tradicional media and doing some quick gestures with photoshop.
I usually use this site here and work of other artists for reference.

More quick gestures I did some time ago and paintings with oil pastels. They are not so good :\
That was my first try with oil pastels. It smells good :)

Really nice work with the figures and keep experimenting with the oil pastels. They are great to do quick portraits from life.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! You'll never go back :)

(01-10-2014, 12:49 PM)bemota Wrote: Really nice work with the figures and keep experimenting with the oil pastels. They are great to do quick portraits from life.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! You'll never go back :)

Thank you bemota. I'll keep experimenting with the oil pastels :)

More quick gestures and tradicional drawings. Some figures are copies I get to study.
And I think there are 2 old ones from 2012 :)

Feel free to comment guys!

Beautiful anatomy and gesture studies! But I like the shiny red pepper, and the lonesome pair of pears, even though they're together, the image is so foggy it looks like they're about to pass over to the other side together...

Focus.
(01-15-2014, 02:05 PM)meat Wrote: Beautiful anatomy and gesture studies! But I like the shiny red pepper, and the lonesome pair of pears, even though they're together, the image is so foggy it looks like they're about to pass over to the other side together...

Haha thanks meat! About the pears... the image is like that because I'm terrible to take pictures
so I guess almost all of my traditional drawings will be like that :\

Great start in here!

Looks like you are on the right track.

With you sketching, one habit that is good to break from early is stop drawing everything with curves, learning how to draw and simplify down to straight lines will help your drawings a lot with the feeling of solidity and form.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
(01-16-2014, 11:16 AM)OtherMuzz Wrote: Great start in here!

Looks like you are on the right track.

With you sketching, one habit that is good to break from early is stop drawing everything with curves, learning how to draw and simplify down to straight lines will help your drawings a lot with the feeling of solidity and form.

Yay! Thanks for the tip. I realised about it while studying some artists.
I'm trying to make straight lines as a habit and it makes drawing easier. :)

Some more...

more!

the last two paintings are copies from Westerberg I did to study.

more!

Oh wow man, great work! Keep it up.

If it doesn't feel like too much, maybe try to do some hard surfaces or perspective stuff. I'm sure it will benefit you greatly.

Hi! I'm not drawing as much as I should but here i go.

My boss gave me this book: http://www.amazon.com/Wreck-This-Journal...0399161945 and I'm using it as a sketchbook.

There are imagination poses, photo reference and other artists studies.

I started doing some skethces with a red pen and wow. It is so free :)

ballpoint pen '-'

hearthstone \o/

Hey! Your anatomy studies are good! If I were to suggest a read-up though, I'd go with Michael Hampton's Anatomy Design & Invention. It breaks down anatomy into simpler terms.

It's helped me heaps. I've improved a lot because of it (though I still have a long way to go)

Good luck, post more please :)

Second that - it's a really good book. I learned a lot from it, made progress with anatomy and got better at gesture drawing and poses. I really recommend giving it a try. :)

Thanks guys. I still never used a book to study but I bought one recently. That's not Michael Hampton's Anatomy Design & Invention but looks really good.

Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0486228...0486228703

I think next week I will have it already :)

great anatomy work, just keep going! Love the faces done in blue pen!

3D/VFX artist, entrepreneur and photographer
Katara's Path to Mastery (SB) | Art Blog
thanks david!

some speedpaintings and first time doing enviro thumbs