Kaffer's sketches & doodles
Hey man, thx for the input, Yep, that part was not as consciously done as the rest of the pic.. will try to focus on it more. I can't either, its by far the best show around right now.. (Not counting GOT of course, but the books are far better on that one.. :))

Hey y'all, these are some stuff I've been busy with.. mostly studies, now I think I'm gonna lay down a bit with them and start focusing on my own stuff, like building a portfolio.. :)

First a couple of 30 min Spitpaints from the Facebook groupo with the same name:

Environment study:

Environment & Master studies:

Some gestures:

Movie frames:

Perspective & Enviro studies (WIP)

character study:

an ongoing school project, we have to design 4 sci-fi characters, with different archetypes ("main" character, big muscle guy, geeky type & swordmaster/sniper character, one of them has to be a chick), also WIP

Hey peoples of Crimson Earth.. A couple of studies, an enviro study and a face study.

Good stuff with the perspectives! Really digging the rocket launch pad :D

Now I noticed on the girl portrait above, that her face is kind of flattened out. There are almost no value changes in her facial planes that describe the forms. It looks to me that her nose is on the same plane as her cheeks. So you might want to put in some lighting from one side in order to cast some shadows, defining those side planes. It does not need to be much if you are going for some subtle lighting, but just enough to show form.

It looks like you have light coming from the left. At least that is what i get from her shoulder. Cast some shadow on the right side of the nose and round the cheek. That will pop out her forms. ;)

Other than that it looks good!

Hey Eraiasu, yep that has been pointed out to me, absolutely legit. Thanks for the input on that, gonna pay more attention to it in the future! Cheers! :)

I. Kill Bill Vol.2. II. Indiana Jones 1. III. Inglorious Basterds

awesome updates Kaffer. I feel like those film still studies are really helping your sense of color. keep at it man!

Yap, mind = blown

These recent updates are phenomenal, Kaffer! Keep up the great work :D!!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks guys, much appreciated! Pnate - thanks man, I do enjoy them really much! Smrrfette - thanks for the kind words, will do! :)

you really hit the nail on capturing the lighting in those scenes, great job man!
Hey Ben, thx very much :)

Some composition studies:

Light & drapery study

Environment studies

Environment & Master study (Vladimir Polenov: The Old Mill)

Lea Von Littrow

Gestures

some spitpaints to the facebook group

Thanks for dropping by my SB, mate.

I really dig your environment studies.They're composed incredibly well, not to mention I love your use of color. Keep up the good work!

Thx man! :)

lol thought that last picture was an minecraft enderman at first, love the spitpaints especially the first one, love the colour and lighting you used for it.

Hey yeah, kinda looks like it.. thanks! :)

nice use of shape kaffer,can't wait to see you applied your speed paint into your finished piece

good work, keep it going !
don't hesitate to spend more time on these studies, and always apply it !

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Rio & Heavenwill: Thx a ton guys, yep, just finished the CA course and with the new year will be diving into studies again.. thx for dropping by! :)

Ohhhhhh dammn.. These studies are great. And the colours are really out there in your pieces, good to see you pushing yourself so hard. The brush work is really fresh too. Spend some more time really polishing up those personal pieces though. Would be good to see how far you can push it! Keep up the good work and get keen to start a new year! :D