missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
awesome improvement keep up the good work :D

Gorgeous work. Love your studies. Keep it up! :Grin:

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
(12-19-2014, 11:50 AM)desirulz123 Wrote: awesome improvement keep up the good work :D

Thank you very much desirulz123, that's so kind of you to say!! ..I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the new year :) Imogen

(12-19-2014, 09:00 PM)Bookend Wrote: Gorgeous work. Love your studies. Keep it up! :Grin:

Hey Bookend, thank you very much for your lovely words. I hope you had a good Chrismas and all the best for the new year. Imogen x

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Happy New Year.

Happy New Year Everyone.. I really hope that 2015 is brilliant for everyone — feeling hopeful.

A Year In Art Improvements.

So I adapted http://kamaniki.deviantart.com/art/03-09...-148611559 this meme by http://kamaniki.deviantart.com/ I wanted to show my work before and my improvements over the year. I also wanted to thank the following deviants t00xicpanda wolkenfels elmarten fancy-fingers minicule rattree sined-style hiddenravensilence hikaruhimeri djoze32 silvokami darkchaser jungkike alendiel nefematve monkeyhomo burikono alivbonano softlyvoiced pockpicket djari328 cocoasaurus huntingendlessly stonedpanda03 meicker kishibunbuns shazabblemabble kittenile cherubas and everyone in SB Study group 2014 and on CrimsonDaggers @ http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/index.php - Thank you for all the amazing help and to my friends, family and fellow deviants for all the support. Also thank you to everyone who inspired me and kept me going.. for the commissions and art trades.

[Image: 2014_a_year_in_improvements_by_missimoin...8c22hg.jpg]

Digital Paintings.
2013 - 2014 - 1st Jan 2015
Photoshop CS5 & CS6
Brushes CS5/6 and brushes by Rahll and by T00xicpanda along side others
Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch
© missimoinsane aka Imogen Cane 2015

See full meme improvement here and indevidual picture links .. >>CLICK<<

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Lazeh updates Original and Art From it (first two are selfies - me / mii)

Finished piece here on dA http://missimoinsane.deviantart.com/art/...-512931041

Finished piece here on dA http://missimoinsane.deviantart.com/art/...-513691902

Finished piece here on dA http://missimoinsane.deviantart.com/art/...-514137185

[Image: 12002314_1666452010258777_44059912530235...e=56711182]
Commission.  See - http://missimoinsane.deviantart.com/art/...7503&qo=13

Hey.  Feels like it's been the longest time[Image: arrow-10x10.png] since I did any real arty stuff..  Hmm.. I really want to get back into it.  So here's something new.  It can be found in my dA gallery...  But I wanted to post here.  :D

[Image: punked_rebellion_by_missimoinsane-d96968d.jpg]

[Image: 11887899_1657438967826748_43754934250875...e=567AAE06]  [Image: 11880388_1654745188096126_85883680861077...e=566F0D0B]

[Image: nickz_by_missimoinsane-d969z5h.jpg]

Side by Side (permission given / requested by Nick who the picture is of / for)

[Image: 11896172_737064063083544_413087901319984...e=5642F8E6]

x missimoinsane x
Imogen Cane
x

[Image: sarah_v_kittie_by_missimoinsane-d96aj4r.jpg]

[Image: 11822903_1657622331141745_1509715408478773331_o.jpg]

I like it as an indevidual art piece, but I don't think it looks much like Sarah... or what I was going for anyways.  But I'll probably try this again or a different take of Sarah at some point.  (Had her permission to use her fb photo's these are not stock!!)

Nice coloured pieces! Was pretty awesome to see your improvement chart. You should be proud! Grin

I'd suggest maybe broadening your study horizons into architecture, landscape, still life-- Have fun with it, of course, but it's a good idea to get varied studies.

Keep it up! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

New one.
[Image: merry_adam_by_missimoinsane-d96ernz.jpg]

Or does it look better in Black and White?

[Image: merry_adam_black_and_white_by_missimoinsane-d96es3t.jpg]

And of course the side by side for reference only. This is not a stock put picture of my friend Adam I used with his permission/request.

[Image: 11896488_737472799709337_3305765264479304504_o.jpg]

(08-20-2015, 11:29 AM)Bookend Wrote: Nice coloured pieces!  Was pretty awesome to see your improvement chart. You should be proud!  Grin

I'd suggest maybe broadening your study horizons into architecture, landscape, still life-- Have fun with it, of course, but it's a good idea to get varied studies.

Keep it up! Thumbs_up

Hey Bookend.  Yes I'm really proud of my improvements.  I owe a lot to my friend Kristina (Toxicpanda) and other people here on CD.  Thank you very much for stopping by and for your lovely comment it's really made my day and it's only 7.30am!!  I really should go to bed.. I got carried away doing my latest piece lol!!  <3 Thanks again - Imogen xX

Improvements in leaps and bounds! I'd focus on taming your blending a little, smooth dem gradients out nicely so the forms don't appear dented or lumpy. Great work though, keep it up!

Rather pleased at this if I'm being honest. Though you don't see much of it in the picture lol so given all the hard work and effort I went into painting this drink thought I'd post it, because I can. :D

[Image: 11900006_1657872674450044_71917327064518...e=563691C9][Image: 11863281_1657872957783349_40057824944177...e=5641D309]

(08-20-2015, 04:53 PM)CoreyH Wrote: Improvements in leaps and bounds! I'd focus on taming your blending a little, smooth dem gradients out nicely so the forms don't appear dented or lumpy. Great work though, keep it up!

Thank you so much Corey.. Hope you don't mind my stalking on deviantART <3

Wanted to try doing something off the top of my head as appose to working from reference.. some sketches and painting I did.  Quite pleased with this to be honest.  DeviantART version: >> Can Be Found Here <<
[Image: face_practice___untitled_by_missimoinsane-d96fkvz.jpg]Free form painting. No reference just drawing for fun decided to paint this one.  Not sure where I was going with this.  What to call it or what have you but I'm pleased.  Total time just over 3 hours playing [Image: smile.gif]

Would love some feedbacks.

17th & 20th Aug 2015
Just over 3 hours
In CS6 with Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch.  
Toxicpanda, Rahll, My own altered and CS6 Brushes

Heart 
Think I'm starting to get good at this........

[Image: jamie_nepin_rith_by_missimoinsane-d96o6gg.jpg]

[Image: 11942139_1658553754381936_4926465099993368173_o.jpg]

Ooo, wowww... Awesome recent one. You pretty much nailed it. Grin

Do you choose your colours, or are you using colour picker? Also, do you do other kinds of study on the side? I've been seeing a lot of faces-- So, you're rocking the face. Have you tried drawing a face from imagination yet?

Keep at it!

Sketchblag

(08-22-2015, 07:11 PM)Bookend Wrote: Ooo, wowww... Awesome recent one.  You pretty much nailed it.  Grin  

Do you choose your colours, or are you using colour picker?  Also, do you do other kinds of study on the side?  I've been seeing a lot of faces--  So, you're rocking the face.  Have you tried drawing a face from imagination yet?

Keep at it!

Hey Bookend, Thank you for your comment...  I do colour pick to get basic's mostly because I can't seem to celebrate either of my monitors to true colour and it's proving problematic.  And then after that I grab colours from the colour palette.  Sometimes I just go crazy and don't stick to actual colour.  But only when working closely with a photograph.  Other wise I just use the colour pallete like when I work from imagination. 

And yes the 2nd to last one with the girl with the fan is totally from imagination.  I did no colour picking there it's a sketch I did a while back that I drew over the line art and then painted using the colour pallet.  And mixing colours to what looks right.  Though on both my monitors and then my phone she's 3 different skin colours but none look terrible so that's what I have to go off.  I wona save up and get a cintiq but that's not going to happen any time soon.  

And I've just done a hand with bamboo pen and touch study which I'm about to post up here.

[Image: hand_wacom_study_1_by_missimoinsane-d96q9n5.jpg]
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch and My Hand Study
As seen on my deviantART @ http://missimoinsane.deviantart.com/art/...a_recent=1

Imogen Cane
missimoinsane

(08-23-2015, 05:39 AM)missimoinsane Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 07:11 PM)Bookend Wrote: Ooo, wowww... Awesome recent one.  You pretty much nailed it.  Grin  

Do you choose your colours, or are you using colour picker?  Also, do you do other kinds of study on the side?  I've been seeing a lot of faces--  So, you're rocking the face.  Have you tried drawing a face from imagination yet?

Keep at it!

Hey Bookend, Thank you for your comment...  I do colour pick to get basic's mostly because I can't seem to celebrate either of my monitors to true colour and it's proving problematic.  And then after that I grab colours from the colour palette.  Sometimes I just go crazy and don't stick to actual colour.  But only when working closely with a photograph.  Other wise I just use the colour pallete like when I work from imagination. 

And yes the 2nd to last one with the girl with the fan is totally from imagination.  I did no colour picking there it's a sketch I did a while back that I drew over the line art and then painted using the colour pallet.  And mixing colours to what looks right.  Though on both my monitors and then my phone she's 3 different skin colours but none look terrible so that's what I have to go off.  I wona save up and get a cintiq but that's not going to happen any time soon.  

And I've just done a hand with bamboo pen and touch study which I'm about to post up here.

Sounds like you're doing it right, then.  I was only asking to see if there was any tips I could give, haha. Grin

It's really incredible how much you've improved, though.  Really!  

So, just keep up the great work! 

And awesome tablet and hand.  Great to see you drawing from life and applying things to imagination studies.  Dat's the ticket! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag