Rising Stars 2013 JBZ+LaleAnn
Hey!

In this thread we will be sharing our progress for our Rising Stars Deathline.

As of today, 16th of August, we have 58 days till the 13th of October. The deadline for the contest is the 14th. We aim to have everything ready and set at least one day earlier, just in case.

The contest has us send 5 of our best work. That leaves us with an estimated 10 days per image, with some extra 8 days for revisions, unexpected events, and the like. We really hope it's enough!

-----------------------------

So my first image is going to be a princess looking out to the horizon.

I'm starting with a bit of a head-start. I've been planning and working on and off in the image below for the last month. The actual aim is to have it finished by the 26th of August.

Process update! 3/10 days in.

Update!
Im constantly flipping it, so sometimes it even gets saved the way around. Oh well. I haven't decided yet the way she will be facing...

Latest version. I'm thinking this is nearing completion...

Finished! Tonight it's research time for the next image :)

Hey so I'm finally joining! Nothing official yet, just sketches and thumbnails to get the ideas flowing. I'll soon pick a few and work on them! :) Already posted these in my Sketchbook link but oh well.. :P

Let's do this! :D

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Okaayy! So here's where I'm working on! Hopefully I'll finish this one today!! :D

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Woow cool stuff! I had been seeing this in the hangouts and it already looked good, but now I'm really excited! I want to see this finished, Lale ;)

Here's my second piece. I'm just in time, actually, as the deadline for this one was today. I need to pick up the pace though, I feel I'm not being fast enough!!!

Next piece is going to be an illustration with a single character, a goddess/deity/important woman from history or mythology. I've got already a couple of ideas... I'll be posting them as soon as I have something to show!

Oh I can't wait to see your next painting Juan! It's gonna be great! Keep up the hard work!!

Here's my latest painting! Finally done with it! Now moving on to the next piece.. Which will be a character model sheet sort of thing! :) Wish me luck! ;)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
So finally, the deity turns out to be Hel, the Nordic Goddess that guarded the gates of Hell (named after her in Germanic languages, how cool is that?). It was actually a very cold place to be, not at all like Christianity's hot inferno... funny stuff.

So, here's a progress. The idea was amazing, the model was amazing, and I'm having a blast. Learning loads. We will see what comes out. I give myself until Sunday for this one.

I just cannot wait for this to be finished!! 0.0 Gonna be amazing! Keep it up!!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
I'm almost finished with this now. I just want to know what people think of the lettering... It's probably superfluous, but I just liked the runes... They actually have some meaning when transcribed:

í dauða er sannleiki

( created from here http://www.vikingrune.com/old-norse-motto-generator/ )

Which in old Norse it means "Truth is in death", referring back to what role Hel fulfilled by judging the souls of the recently deceased. Hum.

Hey dudes, we made our submission. Here's my other entry:

[Image: environment2.jpg]

I ended up producing 4 pieces only. So I submitted those and an earlier piece of tomb raider I did earlier this year.