Matt's SketchBook
@redidge Thanks for your comments on my anatomy, it's definitely one of my better points, I'll try to push my values more. I've heard that a lot and I figure it's probably good info.
@crackedskull I'll continue with my studies and hopefully one day my oc will be like them! :D :D

Did some Vilppu anatomy and an apple still life.

18 yr old artist comin atcha Party

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Marina! tips appreciated! :D :D

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Hello! great studies! for improvement, you should do more real life drawings, drawing people, enviroments around you etc. But so far so good, but in my opinion you should go first with the basic structure of human form, and the divisions like the previous post you did, these studies are great. It will will help you a lot. :) And draw some figures in action or movement, for example http://www.ndoylefineart.com/gesture3.html this site will explain better than me xD

Keep posting!

Some more 90 second figures and then trying to implement stuff into a imagined dude

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
good going man!

my comment would be - try to construct things a bit more and recheck what you do from time to time with construction lines rather than depending entirely on your eye picking it all up.

good luck!

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to apply stuff from sketches I like

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook

Drew another guy because I kinda liked how the last one came out and wanted that to stick around, whatever that was. I don't know but I feel I made some progress this weekend

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
I need to do more!

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Shocked 
master studies and random shit

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Made some original characters :} Just keeping it fun I guess

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
I've been reading a lot of fullmetal alchemist lately! :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
School tomorrow Meh

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Shock

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Some stuff I've done recently, mainly been doin stuff traditionally

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Hey man, your stuff is really improving!
I can't believe you're only 17!

I searched the forum and read that you bought a yiynova screen?
Are you happy with that product?

@Doublethink I love the yiynova, I think it saved me a lot of money and I think it's just as good as a cintiq for only 600$ bucks! Thanks for your comment

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Love your line work! And it looks like your portrait studies are really improving. You're quite a bit further along than I am. So feel free to disregard my advice but I think you need to focus on more value studies before tackling color at this point.

(11-28-2013, 04:29 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Love your live work! And it looks like your portrait studies are really improving. You're quite a bit further along than I am. So feel free to disregard my advice but I think you need to focus on more value studies before tackling color at this point.

Hey thanks, I know I'm way bad in a lot of areas, but I was doing so much in black and white at some point I decided I needed to start practicing colors. I do keep in mind I'm not very good in all principles of art but I'm lurching forward slowly in all of them

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
Highschool really sucks, wish it would just end...

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
I've been slacking but atleast I haven't stopped Slugging will always be better than that. Been working on a comic irl for a wiles thas probably a big waste of time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook