Vitor sketchbook
Great updates with the hands, all of them look very solid with great gesture and form, keep it up!

I was having difficulties in getting the proportions of the hands so I decided to take a step back and simplify my fingers in a mass just like a mitten.
I also keep making boxes to improve my rotational skills in three-dimensional space. Finally, I bought the Moderndayjames content about rotating human figures and I highly recommend it to everyone.

That's a great number of studies, very well done. I think it will definitely benefit you in the long run, so keep going!

I love you sketchbook, man. It's cool to see another artist that digs Michael Hampton. There's alotta things in here I wanna try myself.
thanks cgmythology and Tank Rat

still struggling to improve hands

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool scetchbook man! I am impressed by your knowledge of anatomy. In the near future, I will also study anatomy from Hampton's book. By the way, I read a good book about dynamic poses "Force
Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators" You may find it useful. Keep it up!)
Dang those are some beautiful sketches!

I especially like these two pages. Great flow of lines and form.

(07-25-2021, 06:14 AM)Osya Wrote: Cool scetchbook man! I am impressed by your knowledge of anatomy. In the near future, I will also study anatomy from Hampton's book. By the way, I read a good book about dynamic poses "Force
Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators" You may find it useful. Keep it up!)
actually i tried to read this book but i didn't like the way that the author writes

(07-25-2021, 07:37 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Dang those are some beautiful sketches!

I especially like these two pages. Great flow of lines and form.

Thanks bro

man great amount of practice ! those figure studies simplified with boxes are killers ! keep doing them !

(07-28-2021, 06:59 AM)wld.89 Wrote: man great amount of practice ! those figure studies simplified with boxes are killers ! keep doing them !
Thanks

I spent a few days drawing cylinders and boxes at various angles of imagination all the angles I had difficulty estimating perspective I drew several times until I got it.  I think it's now much easier for me to visualize simple structures in perspective.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello! amazing figure drawings, Vitor. I'm curious do you draw them from life or from photos?
Great updates, those figure and head studies are ace, very confidently drawn and solid structure all around, keep it up!

during this time I spent without posting here I joined a study group to study fundamentals and anatomy with some friends, it became clear to me the difference it makes having other people giving feedback on my drawings, now I have a better idea of what to focus on studies and not just draw randomly. Many of my drawings already have good gestures, but there is still a lack of attention to perspective and I also need to draw more dressed figures, so I started taking Will Weston's course, which I'm finding amazing so far.

so here are some of my sketches, many of them are from a few months ago, some from imagination and others with reference photos

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-18-2021, 05:52 AM)RonyaSekira Wrote: Hello! amazing figure drawings, Vitor. I'm curious do you draw them from life or from photos?

thanks. most of that is from imagination or from photos, i'm almost never draw from life, which is one of things that i have to do more .

Impressive sketchbook Victor! 

You have a good blend between gestural and structural drawings. Going back and studying the cube is something I need to do also, so it's cool to see how you go about that. It's never too late to learn the basics. 

I'd be interested to know what your goal is by studying the figure so heavily and how do you plan on applying it? 

I'll be keeping an eye on this space for sure!  Thumbs_up

(06-17-2022, 07:30 PM)IrishWhiskey Wrote: Impressive sketchbook Victor! 

You have a good blend between gestural and structural drawings. Going back and studying the cube is something I need to do also, so it's cool to see how you go about that. It's never too late to learn the basics. 

I'd be interested to know what your goal is by studying the figure so heavily and how do you plan on applying it? 

I'll be keeping an eye on this space for sure!  Thumbs_up

thanks, I really enjoy drawing humans, so I tend to go down the character design path but I haven't decided exactly yet.