Zaulta's Sketchbook
@wld
Haha thanks, but really thanks for pointing for pointing out my laziness. Tried putting more effort into those types of studies <3.

Work ethic has been hit a lot @-@. Like i get distracted more than usual when sitting down at the desk. Probably cause I'm just tired from school. Only got 2 or 3 more months of prison B].

Finished the 6 fanarts :D. Took about a week to do, kind of crazy that I wanted this to be done in 5 days. Experimented a lot with digital tools like color correction here. Remember feeling a little burnt towards the end with the LoL characters though.

plein air from 3/10, dead stump in my backyard

doodles of my characters :1

studies I was planning to do during school, but got sidetracked with other studies

more studies screen caps on the left, redraws studies on the right. I think there's the same studies I did last year on this sketchbook <3

Some exploration for a big personal project I wanna do soon, doing bunch of studies to get ready. Inspired by one of my favorite songs uOu. I have an image already in my head, but gonna need to do a some design work for all the characters.

Artist studies, Thomas Roisland on the top, Shant Rise on the bottom

Last week's plein air. First time actually doing an open view area

some of the refs for the things above

took my time one night with doing figure drawing

Art class assignment to draw a family member There's gonna be weekly prompts given from class but I don't mind it

Recent study during school

Crossover fanart few days ago. Haven't been able to do art time because I have a lot of make up work to do for school : ^)

Nice work! The figure gestures are looking really good! A lot of those refs for studies are tricky and have difficult lighting, but you simplify it well. Looks like you're working with slightly softer and more textured brushes in some of them which I think suits you well. It still has the blocky character while providing some edge variation and transitions to sculpt the form.

@Josephcow
Yo thanks Joseph for checking in^^. With the brush, I think you're right lol, feels a lot more natural for me rather than round smooth brushes I've been using the blocky textured one a lot more lately and I think my work has gotten better :D.

I lost my original account and the password reset doesn't seem to be working for me lol. It shouldn't be a problem though :p. Anyways here's everything in from oldest to newest : ^).

'finished' this thing, not that proud of the way I painted it though .

some doodles

made a an example for my commission sheet : ^), I would like to redo this but too late :<

Here's the ref^

more commission sheet examples

made an advert of me for my class's graduation page : ^)

probably too harsh with the darks on the left

Kumira's Epiphany, some story time with an oc

Here's the finished sheet and I put it up on instagram : ^). A little sad because I won't even be paid minimum wage with these prices and no request have come in, but there were a handful of people who said they would support me at some point. Goal is to make 100 with my paintings by the time college starts I guess

some project planning for the next photo ;)

Whispers of the Demon
Really proud of this one uOu. Starting a new project similar to this soon, will definitely try to make it with a landscape canvas.

quick one, trying to experiment with exaggerating some features on myself

ok so critique my critique xd. Something I did for one of my art friends.

All my traditional stuff, most of them are pretty sucky but ok. Bottom row is from when I went out with art friends yesterday. Weather was not in our favor and wasn't allowed to set up paints in the museum :(. Weather was also pretty bad for painting for the other plein airs (got rained on)

Anime screen cap study. Was pretty fun to do

Redraw of a study from when I first dabbled in painting. Remember that this took me 3 day then, but I finished in the new one in one night. Pretty proud on how far I've come uOu.

I've said this before, but I'll try to be more active everywhere in the forums : ^) . Also getting my wisdom teeth out, don't know how bad it is gonna be after I'm drugged up B].
Got my wisdoms out today. It's that bad right now that's why I was able to do some art time lol.

Want to try to capture my pain, so here's some planning for tomorrows paiting. It's definitely more dramatic than it is.

Started some thumbs for my next project after the thing above is done^^. Trying to do a horizontal canvas with a different composition than what I've previously done.

I just found out there are some people who like my stuff enough to want prints of it : ^). Mainly thee stuff I do with backgrounds and fan art stuff. Gonna open a print shop when my next full background piece is done B}.

Lets start with something just finished yeah. This months regular self portrait. This along with something back from january is going to be printed on some invitation cards :D.

Got a brush from somewhere online last week, best 5 dollars I've ever spent

Bleach fan art

This was when I got my wisdoms out. I haven't been this grossed out in a long time : ^).

Some old planning for current project

Discarded painting.

redid the above^^

I like this one a lot better, gonna get started on painting this tonight

dood page. I should do more of these but I keep on adding more projects to my list xd

Study redraw from October uOu

Forgot to upload this one, planning for my last project

After my next project, gonna focus more on actually learning how to do environments and perspective : ^). Hopefully I follow through ha.
Been working on this today and yesterday. I don't know if I wanna keep working on it though. Something is not working for me and idk what it is : ^).

Well I'm alive again yeah B]. Time to upload a months worth of digital stuff : ^).

I was gonna try to study environments more but got distracted lol

Yooo got my first commission :D, but feel like I was very underpaid :(. Charged 32 dollars and worked on this for about 5 hours.

Gender bend of my friends character

Was gonna do more master studies, also got distracted aha

Sett fanart

Was doing the meds50heads challenge. I'm stopping at 21 cause I have projects I want to do and I think this was meant to be more for sketching heads not rendering them : ^).

New character for a small splash I want to try to do. Also I was big dumb cause I exited without saving my days work but I have this jpeg of it B]. Also want to redo Sen's character sheet.

Recently motivation has been pretty low. Might be because I got a part time job at a fast food place for the summer (again..) or I'm not getting much sleep or something. Anyways, got a job because I want to purchase a mentor ship from the person who helped me take my first steps in art, also to help pay for art school later ha. But yeah that's it for the update.
I've never worked fast food, but I imagine it sucks a lot. I like this concept for the kid with the glove. The clothes kind of remind of some of the outfits in Breath of th Wild for some reason. Though I would think running around always having a giant scroll on your ass would get old after a while lol.

(07-01-2021, 04:32 AM)JosephCow Wrote: I've never worked fast food, but I imagine it sucks a lot. I like this concept for the kid with the glove. The clothes kind of remind of some of the outfits in Breath of th Wild for some reason. Though I would think running around always having a giant scroll on your ass would get old after a while lol.

Haha yeah, worked at chipotle, then quit when they were only calling me in to do dishes :/ and I agree, I took a bit from Ryze from LoL but I didn't want to copy him too much, but that type of thinking might've been a little dumb. @-@

It's been a long while : ^). Started art school a few months ago and it's going fine. I'm required to take a bunch of classes I don't really care for right now, or I really just dislike/pretentious , and the only one I like the drawing class. Anyways, been going through a mentorship at the same time and they've helped me tons :p

some recent studies and others

masterstudy of leblanc from runeterra

school self portrait with charcoal, both my drawing teacher and istebrak are telling me it's the really minor things that separate me from looking professional @-@, my eyes still need some more training

personal illustration close to being done, the write up for this is below if you guys are interested <3

After Ajay and his hunting expedition had been ambushed by the forest’s deity, his superiors demand that he leaves for his own safety. Being forced away from his people, Ajay finds himself alone in the open to the elements of the thick swampy forest. After days from his lost travels, Ajay finds a place to rest. He walks inside an opening of a titanic sized tree. Inside was patterned by a strange almost machine made look with a light glow. Towards the back of the wooded space is a subtly golden glowing egg that by first glance could be mistaken for a large crystal. Out of the hope he would find something to help him survive another day, he slowly walks towards this mysterious egg and takes it out of it’s thick branch nest formed by the tree. The egg suddenly cracks and releases a more intense blue glow from those cracks. As the cracks ensued, the glowing contents from the egg seemed to be streaming out and going into the boy’s arm. Ajay felt this strange sensation enter into his body and felt like another voice with jumbled words started talking within him. Though before he could even process what may have happened, the forest deity appears behind him from where he has entered.
Dang dude, those are some bootyful soft edges! Your work has really leveled up, the hair on the first study looks awesome. The second image I remember you did a study of a while back and it really looks a lot better, esepcially the drawing and the edgework.

Sorry to hear about your pretentious classes, are they like artsy fartsy stuff? It's kind of unfortunate that most art schools are full of those. But is the drawing class useful at least?

Is Istebrak the one you are doing a mentorship with, then?

(11-06-2021, 01:19 PM)JosephCow Wrote: Dang dude, those are some bootyful soft edges! Your work has really leveled up, the hair on the first study looks awesome. The second image I remember you did a study of a while back and it really looks a lot better, esepcially the drawing and the edgework.

Sorry to hear about your pretentious classes, are they like artsy fartsy stuff? It's kind of unfortunate that most art schools are full of those. But is the drawing class useful at least?

Is Istebrak the one you are doing a mentorship with, then?

Ahh thanks so much Joseph, but seriously appreciate you remembering my sketchbook haha. Having a hard time with drawing hair by myself u-u

Yeah pretty much, along with gen eds and art gen eds :/ The main class that's just a thorn on my side is the 3D art class. Pretty much putting a lot of stuff together, half the time putting trash together, for our projects and we have to have every decision we do have a meaning to it. The drawing class is eh, I like it because I like drawing but it's more aimed towards beginners because first year is 'art foundations' where all the design students are lumped together. I'm not really learning new information more so refining smaller things that the professor catches on me during crits.

Yes yes^,she taught me how to use the soft brush really well and how to see form a lot better. I remember seeing your alien landscape on one of her videos I think and on your sketchbook (it looks so satisfying btw uOu). I can share the recorded sessions I have so far if you want them also, might be of some help.

finalized everything for this project

drawing class hw in vine charcoal, more self portraits but this time from a photo. Gonna go back to this before it's due though.

(11-06-2021, 03:19 PM)ZaultaX Wrote: Yeah pretty much, along with gen eds and art gen eds :/ The main class that's just a thorn on my side is the 3D art class. Pretty much putting a lot of stuff together, half the time putting trash together, for our projects and we have to have every decision we do have a meaning to it. The drawing class is eh, I like it because I like drawing but it's more aimed towards beginners because first year is 'art foundations' where all the design students are lumped together. I'm not really learning new information more so refining smaller things that the professor catches on me during crits.

Honestly that's kind of sad to hear, because that's exactly how my college was. My very first class was variations of sticking trash together and then coming up with some reasoning for it. I stuck with it under the pretense that 'it get's better'. At my school, no it did not get better. There were more drawing and painting classes, stuff that I enjoyed, but for instruction I basically still relied on outside mentors for real critiques and expertise. Not to turn you off from it, but juuuust saying lol, :/

Quote:Yes yes^,she taught me how to use the soft brush really well and how to see form a lot better. I remember seeing your alien landscape on one of her videos I think and on your sketchbook (it looks so satisfying btw uOu). I can share the recorded sessions I have so far if you want them also, might be of some help.

Thanks yeah, I've followed her for a while. I'd be kind of curious to see them, you should message me about it on discord or something.

That last portrait looks really good! You could probably clean up a few of the dark bits here and there, like on the forehead so that that light mass isn't interrupted, but it's very nicely drawn.

(11-06-2021, 05:04 PM)JosephCow Wrote: That last portrait looks really good! You could probably clean up a few of the dark bits here and there, like on the forehead so that that light mass isn't interrupted, but it's very nicely drawn.

Thanks for the pointers^^, tried to clean up a bit before it was due :p

Been working on this past few days, also made a luffy sticker and planning to make everyone in the straw hat crew to sell as a sticker pack ;) Might want to redo his abs

Was done a month ago, I sold exactly one luffy sticker on campus AHA. might redo this one anyways

I want to try to level up my environments. I tried doing color first and went to black and white because idk what im doing. Also, used mapcrunch for references.

i'm back hehhh. been pretty busy with school and a lot of homework, but i'll try to get back to being active regularly : ^).

some recent studies and illustrations.

plein air with gouache

just finished this one tonight. this makes me want to focus a lot more on environments uOu

Hi and welcome back,

Looking over this last page and enjoying what you've posted — Your portrait work is especially tasty.

Hope you have more time for art and posting but I understand how life can get in the way....

(03-14-2022, 12:35 PM)Jephyr Wrote: Hi and welcome back,

Looking over this last page and enjoying what you've posted — Your portrait work is especially tasty.

Hope you have more time for art and posting but I understand how life can get in the way....

Ah thanks :D! I'm trying to get away from being a one trick and got pretty lucky this semester cause one of my teachers pretty much just lets us work with whatever we want just with some prompts.

worked on this for the past few days for class : ^))

eeeey your new work looks really good! You improved you modeling a lot. Like the smooth shading on the body of the last guy is noice Thumbs_up

@JosephCow
hehe thanks ;) I spent the most think rendering his body lol.

Can't wait until this semester is over, I'll actually get into my illustration major : ^))) I still a big chunk of time for painting, school gets in the way here and there.

Something for class, needed to make something based of an assigned song

Another thing for class, make something out of a song again but I chose the song. I could've chosen a better camera angle. It'll make for a good redraw :p

meet the artist/persona thing, just for fun

studiezz

Took on a mentee a few weeks ago, mainly to see if I want to be a teacher at some point. Currently trying to teach them how to draw from reference more accurately using portraits first with the Loomis method. It's kind of hard, I don't want to burn out their interest in drawing at the same time I can't let them do whatever they want whenever : ^))