Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: smrrfette's Odyssey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see you posting new paintings and drawings.
Last update is very impressive.As for the colors and renderings, you have moved strides
from my last visit. I assume you`re using the smudge tool right?! In a good way though.
Your edge control is pretty good.
Keep working (smart ;-)
Great job smrr! Good to see you still working at it. Hows your arm issue?
Its awesome to see you back, i hope you are recovered and ready to kick ass in 2015!
There is so much stuff i've missed since my last visit, the lady and dragon painting was great.
Making the dragon look like a crocodile or similar was interesting too, most people use felines or bats to design dragons, so its kinda refreshing to see. Oh the edges on those still life studies are crazy, way to go!
Fedodika - right? Right?! It's a serious problem and I need to work on actually giving thought to my doodles and whatnot... Because mindlessly doodling is NOT OKAY (like how it was in school) because I'm actually trying to become a full-time artist, not a full-time scribbler lel
</rant> lol Thanks for dropping by Mr. Koala <3

constructicon - wooooo!! Great to hear from ya constructicon! Hahaha . I literally haven't done anything since your last visit , except for what you see here :¶ also, I'm actually just blending in Sketchbook Pro 0: though admittedly, it does look very smudgey haha . thanks for swinging by!

Adam Lima - Hypna!! Haha, thanks for the warm welcome :) its still a pain but I'm just stretching a lot more often, drinking dat h2o and using simpler apps to paint in, which seems to be paying off~

EduardoGaray - Aw man thanks >< though it really feels like not much has been done since the dragon hnnnggg. But thanks you, gotta seriously work hard this year! Looking forward to more arts from you as well :D

Today: drew a loooot. Scanner scanner scanner pls

Here's the bouguereau finished piece (aka as far as I wanted to study from it)

[attachment=62321]

And this crappa. Experimenting in sketchbook pro some more... Without any imagination what so ever and its disgusting. This reminds me I need to study men's fashion and shiet.
[attachment=62322]

Onward to tomorrow !
the fundamentals have made my imagination so boring... i hear ya 110%

ALSO! if ya wanna study design i got the solution!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tumblone/

git dis^ download big tumblr blogs on armor and fashion/anything! and just sit there and draw/absorb AWESOME!!!
haha right? Feels a bit like medicine sometimes :p rock on Smrr!
Ursula Dorada - ohhh yessss the feels ;-; haha thanks Sula and I'll try my best!
Fedodika - in-freaking-deed! and I hate that it has done that to me... I've got to break free~
also: zomg... +repppppp for sharing this awesome app, baby yeah! this will change everything, ily and thank you Fedodika :D ! !

so today was bullshit.
been having issues with the power supply cable for my companion since last year some time - didn't bother me then because, heck I wasn't arting much at all.
today it decided to completely not work.
so yada yada yada, tech support, awaiting help, yada yada, had to find my intuos 4 by the end of it, blah blah, downloaded painting apps on my desktop which had a system restore recently (downloading in Australia = also bullshit)

aaand so eh.
they better give me a replacement cable or I'ma cut someone.

doodles in sb pro:
[attachment=62354]
[attachment=62355]
[attachment=62356]
today was a disaster in terms of having to go places
but I managed somewhat
now I'm sleepy

warm up 60 sec gestures... i'm so fckin' rusty. need to do more, daily.
[attachment=62403]
study which i had no time to apply /facepalm
[attachment=62404]
sketchy sketch - determined to finish tomorrow
[attachment=62405]

drawing is soooooooooooo hard!

... but i lav it so much hnnnnggg
the love-hate relationship continues...
MUCH LAV HNGGGGGGGG LOVE DEM H8RS!!!!
Fedodika - hahahaha <3 <3

shiiiiiiiit. line work. takes like forever

i'm so slow
and
:(

[attachment=62505]
[attachment=62504]

tired.

trying new things, I'm scared off my panties, so I need to finish this.
oooh that looks cool! i never tried that line work stuff maybe i should; dam looks hard and tedious tho cleaning and cleaning i hate doin that ;p lelelele <3
YES MA'AM you gotta train those stabilizer muscles too or else you'll ef around and snap some shit up pushing up dat weight finding out dat one rep max tho can't expect to perform compound movements with the structural integrity of a scare crow #strengthcampmasterrace #runonsentencesatthespeedofsound #elliothulse #DONE

Some dudes spend just as much time on the linework itself, as they do the painting.
Shiiet I know I WILL for now on... #flashbacks
Mannyhaatz - oh my god hahaha #needsmoreelliothulse! legit watched one of his vids today and he talked about that structural integritty (typo? I think not! :P) yeah, linework is... fun! I mean I suck at it, but it's so fun! it's what comes after it where I'm really like "shit. what now?"
let's go let'ssss gooo!!
Fedodika - do it! try it! always try new things! you know how it is my koala buddy :3 haha

thanks for swinging by guys <3!

ok we had pest control over to our house today, because spiders
>_>
<_<
hnnnng.
#Australia

so I couldn't work on the coloured thing much.
[attachment=62569]
then I was working on it too long that I felt like giving up... (as I was at that point where I usually give up on things) But then, Jones suggested (cheers again Jones :3) to sketch around for a bit to get a fresh look on things when I come back to it, so I did:

[attachment=62570]

that came out. that happened. i don't know how I feel. drawing cartoons feels so natural.

anyway, it's good to try new things (or old things in my case) and see what happens. mmm...

more tomorrow hopefully!
o/
PLZ COLOR ITTT!!! I.... LOVE IT!!!! AHHHH!!!!!
hey steph! It seems like you are getting caught in up the details with the colored linework, I think that might be why you are having trouble finishing it. Try looking at the piece as a whole and think about the overall composition, everything is shifted over to the left half of the canvas and the action feels pretty cramped confined into that tight space. I did a quick paintover to show you what I mean:

[attachment=62598]

I find it helps a lot to zoom wayyy out so you cant tell what anything is and working like that for a little bit, just pushing around a few simple values until the shapes feel balanced. Hanging details around that framework is then a lot easier. Hope that helps some!
devin - Devinnn-!! Aaahhmaaahgad :D
yeah so spot on with everything you said - I mean I was rusty before, but now it's even worse eugh. this paintover is amazeballs, I get what you mean about the compo and everything... now I just need to do the thing... and somehow not overdo it with my brush strokes ;_;
ohhh man I greatly appreciate your input (I'm sure you know that tho-) thanks you! I'll try my best!
Fedodika -
WHAT DO YOU LOVE BBY? O_O the thing I've been working on or the s2pid doodles lol :D

welp.
yep.

[attachment=62635]

idk don't ask .-.
making a comeback ay? sweeeeet.

I've always liked your stuff because it seems like you already have a fairly unique style going for yourself. Don't lose it I think its cool.

Keep it coming though, I think 2015 is going to be a big year for a lot of people here on CD... those who stick with it and put in the hard work of course.

:)
JJ Aaron - lol @ comeback :3 yeah I guess, without being a twit to my health if that's at all possibru...
yeah I'm just exploring new apps and media, switching things up a bit. I still love painterly shiz, big time *drools in bucket* but this kinda thing feels so natural to me and is sort of a missing piece to a puzzle I've been trying to solve since I started studying art... and because of that - I feel it's super important I keep exploring different thingsssss and whatnottt :D
also, yeah I feel that too - I think many daggers will level up this year!
thanks for dropping by JJ ! I gotta swing by yours soon!

couldn't manage much today and that makes me sad (...or angry... with myself. hnnngg)

sketches, still experimenting! I know some good will come from exploring different styles. I at least know I can finish shit like this. although I wonder if it makes it a comfort zone? well, what I mean is, the ideas flow more naturally as opposed to an illustration. Mmm.

this vid sums up my thoughts I've been having as of late - and really gave me that push I needed in terms of art, studying it and enjoying it.

so, doodles
[attachment=62688]
half-assed fashion/drapery studies
[attachment=62689]

fuck I really didn't get anything done today, pardon my French. it's disgusting. ugh and tomorrow is a very busy day...
hmm, I'm gonna challenge myself by seeing how much I can actually get done in a day with legit time constraints. tomorrow will be that day - there may be shitty photo uploads of trad media.

also, gotta get my cinteech fixed quick so I can draw SUPER FAHKING GOOD on it. *high fives if you get the ref*
Thats a great video, very inspiring. I need to read that book he quotes. I've heard quite a few people talk highly of it. Love all the personality in your character sketches. The word bubbles make me think you should do comics if only to feed a need to tell stories. And have you tried using WorkRave? Its an app that lets you know when to take breaks so you dont over do it. It has you take micro 30 second breaks every 2 minutes or so and 8 minute breaks every 30 minutes. I just started using it and felt like I got a lot more done while not killing my wrist. It only really works for digital since it reads when your mouse is moving. You could always use a regular timer/alarm app for working traditionally.
SHEET U BETTER STICK WITH DAT CARTOON! It remins me of sinix kinda like if you draw in that style you can't put down a bad line hehe; it's got day smmrrrrrfetteneenessss hehehehe i LUV LUV!! <3