Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,127
» Latest member: D1$ass3mbl3d
» Forum threads: 7,309
» Forum posts: 124,103

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 3808 online users.
» 16 Member(s) | 3776 Guest(s)
AhrefsBot, Apple, Applebot, Baidu, Bing, CommonCrawl, Discord, Facebook, Google, Internet Archive, Mojeek, Moz, Pinterest, Semrush, Twitter, Yandex, Cosmic Inhabitant, D1$ass3mbl3d, Damien Levs, DK, Dominicque, JosephCow, Lunatique, one_two, PaulGanguly, Strelok_2012, VitorCardoso, Zizka

Latest Threads
Sketchbook: Version 1.5
Forum: SKETCHBOOKS
Last Post: Damien Levs
5 hours ago
» Replies: 111
» Views: 10,946
Vitor sketchbook
5 hours ago
» Replies: 221
» Views: 63,327
Punky Sketches
Last Post: RottenPocket
7 hours ago
» Replies: 93
» Views: 68,298
Look what the Sonoran win...
Yesterday, 06:11 PM
» Replies: 129
» Views: 35,705
How I stopped worrying an...
Forum: ART RELATED
Last Post: darktiste
04-23-2024, 06:39 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
CGMythology's Sketchbook
Last Post: Jephyr
04-23-2024, 10:06 AM
» Replies: 851
» Views: 208,782
Sketchbook
Last Post: Jephyr
04-23-2024, 10:00 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 1,296
Environment Challenge #4 ...
Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES
Last Post: Lege1
04-21-2024, 04:02 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 191
Leg Muscles Study
Forum: SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS
Last Post: JosephCow
04-20-2024, 11:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 113
Darktiste Sketchbook
Last Post: Zizka
04-20-2024, 10:14 PM
» Replies: 1,145
» Views: 545,528

hello from Portugal :)
Posted by: johny - 04-04-2012, 11:05 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

hi my name is joao (jonh), i have 24 years old and im studyng visual arts and multimedia... what can i say more? huum... i follow this forum for weeks now and i am amazed with the works here... sorry about my english but sometimes i forget some words, but i understand it well :)

Print this item

Hi!
Posted by: AdamStolterman - 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

I found crimson daggers when reading Imagine FX and now here i am. I do some work as a story board artist and i would love to do more concept art work so i am right now trying to learn as much as i can as fast as i can. So i am here to learn and to be around all this awesome art.

/Adam

Print this item

Hi girls ans guys
Posted by: Flo - 03-29-2012, 04:38 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

My name is Florian, I live in Berlin and I am 25 years old.
I studied game design, just to learn that game design, fun as it may be, is not my primary passion. After working for a short while as a gamedesigner in a company, I lost my job and since then I am working on being a better artist. My current jobsituation is really helping me because I have an internship as Junior Graphic assistant, which means I am using photoshop at least 8 hours a day, 3 days a week, and I draw on the way there (only 30 min, but still)

I have sketched and drawn since I was a little kid, but never payed too much attention to the basics. Since january this year I really try to get a sense for the basics (anatomy, colortheory, composition... erm did I miss something?^^) but since I am fairly new to the topic and been rather resistant to get out there and share much of my stuff, I am not sure, if my approaches are "correct" (if there is such thing).

A friend of mine told me about the crimson daggers livestream and since I am a big super meat boy fan (what does this have to do with anything?...) and dave made those two awesome illustrations of the topic I was a big fan of his work since then.

So here I am now, in the middle of getting somewhere, and I hope to find in this forum the place to grow with fellow wanderers. (cheesy line, but I think you get it :)

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, and here is a link to my portfolio: http://floart.weebly.com/index.html. There is some 3D stuff also, since I am interested in the games-industry and I posted an appointement I did while studiing (the guy whithout a face)

That's it for now, fellow daggers, I am really looking forward to this.
Have a nice day!

Print this item

Hi!
Posted by: Orhia - 03-27-2012, 04:01 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey all, found this site today and registered immediately! I started digital painting for few months now and hoping to get better.

My Da http://orhia.deviantart.com/

Hope to meet new people here aswell :). That's it for now I guess, if you want to know more please ask.

Print this item

Hi...
Posted by: theblacklotus92 - 03-24-2012, 02:25 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello,

My name is Rhyan, but I am mostly known as lotus or theblacklotus92 on Livestream and dA. I am very new to the Crimson Daggers and art in general and would like to become a better artist and illustrator. I don't have anything special in my possession to show my abilities at the moment, but I hope that changes during time.
For the curious:

http://theblacklotus92.deviantart.com/

Print this item

Greetings!
Posted by: SaturnsGate - 03-24-2012, 09:53 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hello fellow daggers!

Just thought I would introduce myself to the forum before I get stuck in. (cant wait to start drawing fat wizards!) :)

My names Sean Donaldson, I have been in the games industry for three years working at Eurocom games, from which I left just recently and have this week moved over to full time freelancing.

I'm an avid gamer and love to be inspired by them! I was going to join in on the Zelda challenge but due to moving from my job, time was of the essence and I only managed a few thumbs and a link render. Will make a sketchbook here and post once I get more time to work on them. Anyway, I will see you guys in the bloodport arena with my game face on! Cant wait to start learning from each other! Cheers!

Alien bug dude

Print this item

Shocked Howdy folks!
Posted by: sullyman - 03-21-2012, 05:04 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hey everyone the names John but most seem to go by Sully! I'm a working "professional" which is laughable lol. Mostly working with screen printing designs but love concept stuff and really want to work hard and develop in that area.

Other than that, just an old Crimson lurker that decided to try in get involved in the hopes of bettering myself and helping others along the way (hopefully). Ready to get down and dirty with some digital art with you fine folks! See ya' round!

Print this item

Smile Hi
Posted by: Kike Rdz - 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hi everyone, I´m kike Rodríguez (rdz) Im not a really talkative guy in the chat, but i´m there almost all the time :)

Print this item

hello!
Posted by: kidult - 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Figured it was time to join up here. I watch all the livestreams but tend to miss most of the live ones, unless dan's all nighting! Had heaps of fun yesterday in the chat joking around and picking on dekartist during dan' stream.

So hi...i guess

Print this item

This should be SMASHIN'. Hey!
Posted by: CrayGoats - 03-14-2012, 07:27 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hi guys.

I've lurked the Daggers for so long now, probably since I first came across Dave several years ago. I remember stumbling upon his art in ImagineFX magazine, thinking "Holy SHIT this is good".
I'd then regularly check Crimson Daggers on and off in chats and on CA forums, but it hasn't been until recently that I thought "Dude, it's TIME."

My name's Craig. I'm a 3D environment artist graduate (as of last year) as well as a mad 2D art lover. Career-wise I'm constantly building my skills up to get work as an environment artist for games (modelling, sculpting, texturing, level design). BUT, I friggen love 2D art as well, be it concept design or illustration. And hope to keep that as a big part of my skills list on my portfolio.

I'm deadly keen to be a part of this community now, instead of just a stream watcher of Dave and Dan's. And it's the last few months I've started to feel that I can do this with you guys.

It's disappointing that after the lead-up to Bloodsports 8 where I was thinking 'This is the one that'll begin my Dagger journey", only to have it postponed. BUT. There's always other art to do, past challenges and time to get acquainted to you guys.

While I don't have much to show off on my blog at the moment, I'm currently working on the POLYCOUNT Darksiders Challenge, so I hope to post some of that in here and get some critters from you guys soon.

http://cray-goats.tumblr.com/

Print this item