Hobitt-hole
Haven't updated in a while! Doing lots of studies and personal work here and there uploading more intresting stuff because I don't see the point in uploading quick personal sketches & studies.
Critique is appreciated as always!
Also will be moving to intense perspective studies and a lot of landscapes but I will continue working on characters and costume design cause i feel that learning everything is crucial.

Attached Files Image(s)

New stuff! Mostly studies for now I dont feel ready for doing a lot of creative work.Crits are appreciated. Also once agian im uploading stuff that is worth looking at sketches and most of the studies are not uploaded.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good studies man, try to construct mooooreeee! Don't run away from construction lines, they save you a lot of trouble!

Good luck,
C

Lots of stuff!

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice updates, man. I also agree with the above post about constructions. It might be beneficial to avoid drawing with values for now and focus more on your line drawings to build your confidence with perspective and constructing forms in space. Keep it up!

Thanks! and yeah pretty soon will start to do only perspective and line drawings until ill get it right!

nice studies! I like how you handle light!

Some highlights of my recent studies and other stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

I think you need to focus a bit on construction. Faces, especially.

Keep at it!

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
(11-16-2013, 01:31 AM)Psychotime Wrote: I think you need to focus a bit on construction. Faces, especially.

Keep at it!

Thanks!

yep, construction, in your case, is the key to improvment ! don't just put random lines and then draw your face from these lines ! Instead, be really focused about the shapes, and volumes, and how to represent them, think about the point of view you're drawing it, and use perspective to make it real into space ! really try to visualise your end result before drawing, and try to get as close as possible to it ! keep it up !

Moving onto perspective and stuff like that! So since this post there will be much more perspective drawing etc etc. Crits as always appreciated!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, nice amount of work! Keep it up. Got one question - the weapon silhouettes - is it some kind of exercise or just done for fun?

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Whoa that's a lotta weapons, awesome nonetheless! Pretty much what kerm said haha

Studies are looking great Hobitt, thank you for inviting me inside your Hobitt-hole ;)
mauehuahea

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(12-03-2013, 07:33 AM)kerm Wrote: Hi, nice amount of work! Keep it up. Got one question - the weapon silhouettes - is it some kind of exercise or just done for fun?

i guess its both its to train my design skills and just to have fun ill do more of these later on

@ smrrfette everyone is welcome to the hobitt-hole!

thanks for the crits!

Working on my perspective drawing skills a lot of stuff is being done both traditionally and digital i wont bother uploading everything just a few highlights cause its mostly boring stuff will update when some more progress will be reached! (also first update of 2014)

UPDATE! still working on my perspective so here is some stuff I shall return when theres more progress.

Attached Files Image(s)

So i have finished how to draw by Scott Robertson it is a great book if someone has any issues with perspective i recommend this book it has everything you need to learn and perfect it!.
What happens next? i will work on my visual library and design skills so a lot of studies of real life objects and then will try to apply it.

P.S 80% of the practice i did with the book was done in traditional mediums but i did not scan them cause it would take me an entire day to do so and i rather be drawing so i threw in just a few.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome job finishing the book! I was wondering if you could clear up a question concerning page 74 someone asked in the How to Draw Thread

Ok update time. Mostly working on visual library and practicing linework finished researching tanks now moving onto architecture. Imagination sketches.Some paintings but im not happy with them and will try to improve slowly.And a few bargue studies those can always be better.
NOTE: these are just a few pieces i did i didint scan everything cause it would take me over a day to do so in high resolution lol.
As always crits and observations are highly appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)