Angies sketchbook of stuff and things
Finished the oil painting of the king charles spaniels...not a good photo at all. I'll take a scan when it's dried.

And a caricature sketch of Simona Halep...

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished and temporary varnished...

Felt all inspired and painted the Simona Halep sketch today in Photoshop. Changed the exaggeration a bit in the process..it was a lot of fun.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Steven Tyler sketch for this weeks Caricaturama Showdown...

Attached Files Image(s)

First sketches for a caricature commission I got last week..

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished the commission and did a small oil painting of my mum's dog for her birthday/mothers day..and a small Grimes watercolour sketch.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Daniel Radcliffe painting for this weeks caricaturama showdown...

Attached Files Image(s)

Another little oil painting of my Dad's dog for his birthday...and a WIP of Laura Dern for this weeks caricaturama.

Attached Files Image(s)

I love your sketchbook here! Your caricatures are awesome. The most amazing thing is that you are not afraid of starting paintings from scratch if they don't turn out like you imagined them. That's incredible and something i really struggle with and I'm currently learning the hard way (meaning spending way to much time trying to fix it instead of scrapping it and just starting fresh right away, no I work 8h before I do that xD) Keep at it! It's great - I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

Hi Tamaira! Thanks so much for the lovely comment. :D I still find it hard to let go of a painting I've spent hours on, it's so easy to keep working on something past the stage someone else would call it finished! I totally blame Photoshop ;) it makes it so easy to noodle away forever and ever, watercolour and oils are less forgiving and the paper and canvas deteriorates at a certain point so planning is very important, I think that's why I've gone back to painting with traditional stuff more.

But yeah, I think I just got to a point where I was working so long on one painting that I ended up feeling too frustrated with it but I still felt inspired by the subject that starting again wasn't really such a loss, also I'd gained a lot of experience of what not to do! ;) I'm trying to have a clear list of goals to hit..thumbnails to work out silhouettes and shapes; cleaner sketches working on perspective; reference; value and colour studies; final drawing; mid-tone wash; shadows; highlights; colour and details (which include edges, lighting effects, textures and all that) I don't know if I'll be able to stick to this diligently or not but I'm trying to, I know it'll help to stop me from painting away on something that clearly isn't working. Anyway blah blah, sorry for rattling on :D Thanks again.

------------------------

Sketches, 1. people sketching in a bar the other day and Half in the Baaaaaaag (preliminary sketch for a cartoon animation I'm hoping to do :D)

Attached Files Image(s)

Talking of unending paintings started fresh, here's one I'm closer to finishing (yaaay Party)

Laputa 2 concept...

Attached Files Image(s)

The lineart for the Half in the Bag project...they don't have feet yet, I ran out of paper..:/

Attached Files Image(s)

Heyooo Angie

I'm so glad to see your posts :D

a lot of good stuff happening, you're still improving your caricatures !

Also these oils looks pretty well mastered.
That tiny dog painting, is greaat! can't believe you can't put so much in this small surface.

not much to crit :p

good luck with your nexts
Hi Zou

Thank you :D very pleased you think I'm improving, it's sometimes hard to see. I think the oils are coming slowly back to me, I painted them mostly with a size 2 and then a 0. Thanks again. :)

------------------

I'm enjoying doing the challenges over at Sketchivist.com.. a new site from Paul Moyse, it's pretty inspiring..if you're into caricature.

This is This months challenge...Daenerys Targaryan.

Attached Files Image(s)

Had a tweak with warp to find a better exaggeration, I also noticed her neck was way too long...I think I like it better.

This has been submitted to the contest... www.sketchivist.com

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

sketch Samuel L Jackson for Facebook contest..

aaand, yet another WIP for Comicbookgirl19..I can smell the end, it smells good...like a big bottle of wine :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Another Sam L Jackson sketch..

Attached Files Image(s)

Those caricatures and oil paintings are looking great, I really like what I'm seeing here!

Cheers wla91! :D Muchos Gracias!

----

Ooh ooh! I have some great news! :D I got me a regular freelance job with a company in California. They found me through my website (just when I was beginning to wonder if I should save some money and take it down for a while) :D It's producing safety posters that are geared towards humour with a realistic caricature style! So chuffed, gonna celebrate this weekend....by painting, and having a few cocktails...and maybe pizza! (I know how to party) ;)

here's a Jason Momoa sketch, and a quick Veronica Lake in brushpen.

p.s also got some new business cards from Moo.com, recycled card and bio-degradable, a little pricier than usual but not much, came out great! :D

Attached Files Image(s)

A couple of knitted toys I designed for friends...one of them for a hen night (guess which ;) ) and a commission of a family members dog in brush pen...

Attached Files Image(s)