In yo Face! Portrait classes. Forum.
good ones Tygerson! good to see you are still working on it! kudos.

Different lightings. I'd like to try this with a different base image sometime, too.

Sketchbook

(10-10-2013, 02:32 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Different lightings. I'd like to try this with a different base image sometime, too.

hi Tygerson, just saw all your posts! Great work!!!! Let me know if you'd like feedback on anything you were stuck with! :D

My Crimson Daggers sketchbook ^^
(11-14-2013, 08:41 AM)helmighs Wrote: hi Tygerson, just saw all your posts! Great work!!!! Let me know if you'd like feedback on anything you were stuck with! :D

Thank you for creating the In yo face class! I studied so hard and learned so much from it! There were a few things that I felt stuck on.

Face creases!
When I try to draw creases in the face, even with ref, they look weird. Like the smile lines in the self portrait. Or nose wrinkles in disgust. Or brow creases in anger.
It limits my expressions to the very subtle ones--hint of a smile, slight eyebrow shift, etc. Or else a stronger expression that looks off.

Skin color! (or any color in the image)
Skin colors in photos aren't that exciting, and when I try to change them in my painting, they aren't really that great. It seems there are thousands of ways to paint beautiful skin, but millions of ways to paint weird skin. And weird skin just kills a face. What are a few rules of thumb for coming up with good color?

It probably all comes down to shaky fundamentals, but any ideas would be awesome.

Sketchbook

you are better than me already so all my tips are shaky - but from my experience creases got better when i concentrated on the highlight instead of shadow - so instead of making a lot of dark lines for creases i concentrate on the highlight above the crease and it works a bit better.

(11-26-2013, 05:32 AM)Wolkenfels Wrote: you are better than me already so all my tips are shaky - but from my experience creases got better when i concentrated on the highlight instead of shadow - so instead of making a lot of dark lines for creases i concentrate on the highlight above the crease and it works a bit better.

Thanks! I'll try it!

Sketchbook

wow. This class is what I was searching for!
I hope i can still upload the assignments.

this is assigment nr one
Critique would be helpful

i know that I have to work on my angles and proportions..

second assignment.
that really showed me what crappy chicken skratch line work I have...

Great work guys!! :D Keep doing them studies! :D

My Crimson Daggers sketchbook ^^
Good stuff! Tygerson - those lighting studies are awesome! :)

First, awesome Classes.
Sorry, but i don't found the assignment 08(Giving character to a  face), 09 (Rendering, tips on realism) and 10 (Dead line master portrait) in the topics.
Please, someone would have to post them to me?

Thanks!!!
Hey guys. Great stuff. Hope it's not poor etiquette to resurrect this old thread but I'm following along and finding the exercises real useful. Thanks for this!

assignment 1

assignment 2

My pieces for this task, was fun, got a little bit better :)

Attached Files Image(s)

If anyone still uses this class, I'd like to recommend Goldfinger's anatomy atlas for the exressions assignment on muscles, it literally shows very clearly which muscles are responsible for which expression