In yo Face! Portrait classes. Forum.
[Image: WzLJ6Qr.jpg]

[Image: Df6VuPG.jpg]

My Crimson Daggers sketchbook ^^
Brilliant. Can't wait to get started. :D

Congrats guys and awh I can't wait to see this go down :) *following*

Ah well can't win em all. Good luck to the new students.

I'm assuming the streamed videos will be available for view at a later time?
Congratulations guuuuuysss ~(°u° ~) !
it's time for you all to kick ass and chew bubblegum ;)

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
The first assignment is here!

The first week will be a skull-study where you will do some research on your own.
This will get you started on your skull studies.
Coming Wednesday April 10 we will talk a bit more in depth about the Skull anatomy and discuss what you guys have found out while making the studies. I will review/critique the studies and you'll have a whole week again to finish/ edit it to the perfect end result.

The very short livestream: http://www.livestream.com/helmighs/video...4ddc61dd84

(I need a new mic.. :( )

[Image: oOyN8hJ.jpg]

Here are the steps of the front skull study I did a while back.

[Image: xeRI6GA.jpg]

Here's some cool skull refs which I've found pretty useful in the past.

[Image: r1o7Pfo.jpg]

[Image: 07k2v8E.jpg]

Loads of decent skull reference pics on the deviant art resources section, and Google images (if you filter by large, for high res).

I'm about to get started on the first assignment tonight. :D

Cool. I'm gonna join this class. Not sure that i'll be able to do assigment in time, becouse then closer May then less time I have((

Really cool! Will join in the fun :)

Is it alright if we do the assignments and post em in this thread even if not one of the chosen? :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
gonna do my best to join in on this one
yes of course Monkeybread! I welcome that :D please post any results :D I wont ignore other people than the 4 chosen ones.

Done first skull! Used only one brush (chalk 36). (I will update this post, with the rest of assigment soon)

i did this second angled skull studie becouse i slightly missunderstand what means "3\4" (I thought 3-4 drawings of angled skull) What can i say? Here i'm learning english as well as drawing :)

Side (anatomical)

Assigment 1 - complete!

Attached Files Image(s)

Same deal as Nikt. Will update this post with the next two studies.
I didn't colour pick, but I did use measurement to try and align the main features.
Used a chalk, a hard round and a speckley thing for the little pit marks and stuff. Also learned that moderate amounts of dodge and burn can be used to get smoother and more realistic transitions in shadow areas.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=19655]

Good job Nikt and Monkeybread :D

Here is my review on your work^^

[Image: Q44vtUL.jpg]

[Image: IPr8S8Q.jpg]

helmighs, thank you for review! I picked color from referece. Is it okay?)

Yeah it's fine, but to up the challenge you can always start doing it by eye :) push yourself as far as you want ofcourse :)

Oh wow. Thanks for taking the time to do that! Didn't expect to get a review, maybe just a glance over in livestream! :) I'll be sure to pay more attention to orientation with the 3/4.

3/4 view. Again no colour picking, used a grid to align features from the get go so hopefully it all lines up this time.
*edit: realised I should have put this in the original post...whoops. If this is annoying for the thread I can move it there....and I can already see an issue I forgot to fix before I saved out...sigh

Hey,
I did the front view study and found out how much fun it is to paint bones..they have such an interesting texture :)