MF's SB.
Skeeeeeeeeetch.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those symmetrical face things are great. Really cool designs in there. The beard guy with the horned helmet looks really cool too, though he looks like he has a wicked underbite lol.. Aliens are great for polaying around with forms. Have a look at some of Neville pages stuff, he did quite a few alien designs, might be some nice inspiration or possible learn something? Iunno, but keep up the good work! :) And thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, I will definitely take what you said under advisement.

I like the textures and rendering in your sketches man. Good stuff!

Hey Mr Frenik,
I remember your conceptart.org sketchbook...you improved a lot :-) nice to see your progress. I really enjoyed your skintextures and renderings :-)
greetings
klaus

Hey ! You're doing very cool renderings and textures, can't wait to see your next post ! :D

Love the last sketch. It's got a nice wet/slimy texture to it that fits the creature well. I know it's just a sketch but the face looks a little flat and it's kinda messing with my head because the rendering is so good at the same time!

Thanks, guys, I'll check out all your stuff shortly.

Want to work on composition, so here goes. 50 value thumb studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Continuing comp work with color studies. I'll finish the rest and post them tomorrow night.

Attached Files Image(s)

these are great comp studies!
More color thumbs - should be stated that I'm using fully opaque brushes with no transfer for these and not color picking, using the RGB slider for choosing colors. I put the colors used for each on the side of each. I, uh, spent tonight playing Rogue Legacy for the most part, so there'll be more tomorrow. :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Yeah man, great studies, love it :).

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
These are some great studies! ^^
Man, those colour studies look sweet! Great brush work.

more color study thumbs and a master study of Ralph Mcquarrie.

Attached Files Image(s)

Man you're crushing those little colour studies. How long are you putting into them?

Master study looks great as well, nice texture :)

Thanks, Jake; I limit myself to 10-15 min each, that way I can get through a good amount. Anymore time than that and I get into rendering mode, which isn't the purpose of the exercise.

Nice color studies! I see many of my favorite paintings in there haha very cool.

Pnate - I know, me too!

Quick sketch tonight trying to use some of what I learned from the comp/color/master studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

That one came out really well man. :).

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
Holy shit dude, that sketch looks awesome. Great colours, the studies are obviously paying off. Really like the way you've painted the floor on the left, and the mountains in the bg especially. Nice work.