Allah: Guard my testicles against the boot of the infidel
Hey all.

I'm Jordan Beeston and I need a good kick in the butt. I have the ability to learn but that's nothing without a work ethic, which I don't have. I need to grow some testosterone and brush my teeth in the fires of harsh critique. I'm the guy who's listened to all the podcasts, watched all the tutorial videos, listened to all the streams, added all the facebook contacts, and just existed in the art circles without actually doing very much. I'm the kind of Guy that Dan Warren hates.
I need a bunch of people to kick me in the butt all day, every day, until my cheeks are red. Like Batman, my father was never around when I needed him the most to teach me discipline, strength and testosterone. And like Batman, I will overcome my weakness and my fear of hard work.

Much appreciated. Here's some shit I've done. Semi-recently.

[Image: AAiY7sB.png]
[Image: 11MaSnm.png]
[Image: PwCjQeD.png]
[Image: vbmhBwh.png]
[Image: weQ8Jft.png]
[Image: OHLuI24.png]
[Image: FkMeEoP.png]
[Image: Y6W5blW.png]
[Image: L22iMdR.png]
Pitch your portfolio around, find some work, this is good enough :)

calling yourself a 'noob' is pretty unfair man :D Your works are really good. Good composition, nice limited palettes it's sad they are mostly unfinished or just look this way...

(06-25-2013, 02:12 AM)iCi Wrote: Pitch your portfolio around, find some work, this is good enough :)

Haha thanks man, I have, I've been getting bits of work here and there, but they're in the low end, $100-200 jobs. I Need to push myself to get the higher paying work or else I won't have a stable income from this.

(06-25-2013, 02:23 AM)Madzia Wrote: calling yourself a 'noob' is pretty unfair man :D Your works are really good. Good composition, nice limited palettes it's sad they are mostly unfinished or just look this way...

Yeah, that's what I mean when I say a problem with discipline, I don't finish my stuff and I rest on my lorels a little too much. I'm still a noob because I don't work at it as hard as people like Brent Holliwell or Dave Rapoza, I have to be up at their level before I can take off the Noob training wheels I think.
"I'm the guy who's listened to all the podcasts, watched all the tutorial videos, listened to all the streams, added all the facebook contacts, and just existed in the art circles without actually doing very much. I'm the kind of Guy that Dan Warren hates."

Haha that was brilliant!
I could just say this in gtalk but i'll say it here.

Doing a professional job isn't about making a technically brilliant image, it's about learning how to finish an image, and clean it all up. For example nothing about this image is technically brilliant, but it's all cleaned up properly, making it a professional job (Imo) http://snag.gy/FML5I.jpg

Also your cock and ass obsession is a bit horrific.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
yay you're here
more more more

Yeah mang.

Rough sketch I did just now. Going to do some more work on it, wondering if I can get some design tips before I move on.

(06-25-2013, 02:37 AM)Beeston Wrote: I don't work at it as hard as people like Brent Holliwell or Dave Rapoza

Brent Holliwell sounds so much more cute xD

Great Job man, keep up the goodness :p

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
you don't need to be a brent hollywood
brent hollaback can be brent hollywood

just be a jordan beastmode

ye
I have to keep in the habit of posting, so I'm posting whatever I'm doing because I have to keep in the habit of posting

[Image: OdGvKTR.png]
Excellent stuff. Your more gory/bizarre works are just awesome.

good job jorbee

keep em comin

Some stuff

[Image: oo4m2dh.jpg]
[Image: lqLSLYS.jpg]
[Image: 5Sm0Y2i.jpg]
[Image: pSXfs4N.jpg]
Ermergherd thumbnerls and cermpersertion

[Image: WnV8fF9.png]
Really liking the sketchbook so far man, although the last but one image in your first post creeps me out a little (Ok, he creeps me out a lot). All the characters seem really unique and interesting. You definitely need to get yourself out there and find more work. Keep it up, and i'm looking forward to seeing more.

Haha thanks!

I finished the thing, by the way.

[Image: pyxmZDc.jpg]
I remember Maxibons

[Image: annihilate_deviantart_animation_by_jorda...6k19jd.gif]
Woah, as your handle goes, that animation is beast dude!
some study stuff

[Image: wKLlepo.png]